Stadiums ID

True @Biggs, starting a career on smaller grounds like, University Cricket Ground in NZ, Bradman Oval, Willowmoore Park, Benoni in SA, would be ideal, then proceed to larger ground as you move up the ranks

Rather we have more new smaller grounds than few big and licenced stadiums which we have previously seen in other games

the one with the mountain in the background is Dharmsala I think cuz it was in the code of the game

Too bad the one licenced main stadium is already out of da?e.Minor issue though :)

Which is especially relevant given the upgrade includes the new Don Bradman Stand. Hopefully that's something in one of the patches.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a few though, its nice to have licenced grounds honestly, but if it means holding back progress of the game since they don't come cheap, then they can be added in the next iteration, if not by dlc on this one, who wouldn't want Lords, Wanderers, Gabba!

Ross sometime ago mentioned that, he will get the list of stadiums for us, so maybe there are other stadiums in the game that we do not know about..... Can ross kindly confirm or am i just dreaming :p

How many official stadiums do the Convicts have?

Just enough stadia to whitewash the Poms in a series of tests to win an Urn that looks nothing like that other one...

There are officially two, Bradman Oval and SCG, there are unofficial stadia in the other capital cities as MattW's videos show.

Now that Ashes 2013 is off the scene I believe we will get more stadia licensed over time.

A while ago, someone posted on the fb page a long list of stadia, 25+ maybe and I then asked the actual number of stadiums in the game, @MattW replied that there are 11 if not 13,,,but that guy's list had about 5 from S.A alone instead of the one we see "Durban Fields"

Maybe they'll come as a surprise or dlc, let's wait and see

----------

Now that Ashes 2013 is off the scene I believe we will get more stadia licensed OVER TIME.

Over time, meaning the next iteration or by a later patch?

11 unlicensed plus Bradman Oval and the SCG for 13 in total. That's what was in the game - they aren't going to have over double that hiding away.

There's some things that were accurate in those files and a lot that wasn't. I wouldn't be holding on to what was in early cricket academy files against knowing what's in the actual game.

I don't know if its possible but could the stadiums be randomised in a way that different stands could be jumbled up to make more grounds? I also agree with somebody's earlier post about smaller grounds, I'd be happy to have a few more of those if its possible in future patches/versions. The big stadiums are great, but I love the overhead view of bradman oval in one of mattw's videos.

Ross,

You only need three to beat us!! Fair play as much as I hate to see my team lose, it was fantastic cricket by your guys and a fantastic atmosphere in which to do it. I hope one day ill get to watch an ashes test in Australia.

Last edited:
It's not a great mystery they are all in the Cricket Academy:

Most if not all of them were featured in the trailer.

2014 and still we have a pitiful amount of stadiums in the game. And theyre all fake. :rolleyes

2014 and still we have a pitiful amount of stadiums in the game. And theyre all fake. :rolleyes

Sorry to do the whole FIFA comparison thing. But even with the huge budget FIFA has, the amount of licenses they possess. In FIFA 13, there were just 26 stadiums, and a lot of them were generic. I've poured many many hours into FIFA and I find that you play most matches in the same generic stadiums. Truthfully, I don't even notice at all... I changed the name so that I would have the correct name, but that's a little pedantic thing I do.

I agree with Biggs (:facepalm) a couple of smaller venues would be nice for career mode, but that is trivial.

On another relevant note, looking at the poor quality images on the first page. The stadiums do look absolutely gorgeous.

In fifa you only see the stadiums in replays and cut scenes. Here, particularly with the behind the batsman camera, you have a great view of the stadium. Looking around the real mcg or Lord's (pom ground) would be amazing. I'm sure it will come though, and the existing stadiums may not be authentic but are at least attractive. Much better than the "authentic" ones in that other game.

And theyre all fake.

Unless you're actually in the stadium for real.. all scenes in a game are 'fake'.

But really, they are only 85% fake (11 of 13). But hey, I'd prefer to save $10 for my copy to not have to pay more for licensed content that is really useless (that 'MCG' looks pretty tasty! If I squit a little it even could pass as a Gabba).

Users who are viewing this thread