Steam update for DBC17 released

Would love to hear from folks regarding their gameplay experience post the latest interim patch...

1. Batting experience against spin: Are you able to cut and late cut the ball without wkt keeper snaffling majority of the shots? Can you generally play on the off side against spinners without worrying about edging the ball every other delivery?
2. Close-in fielding: Do the close-in fielders still act like meat shields, especially short leg and the slip 8 (or was it 9?) fielders?
3. AI Batting and pacing in shorter formats: Do the AI batsmen go after the bowling at the death when they have wkts in hand? And do they keep up with the reqd RR while chasing?

:)

I was feeling all positive and now it seems still no Alice bands.

Can't have everything I suppose, but seriously, great work on the update.
My bad, never wear them they tend to cut in however, I do wear head bands and have posted a picture with me modelling one. How about darker brown hair (see pic) please BA? Can someone ask Ross as he is ignoring me.

Had a really good T20 match. Bowling felt a lot cleaner, some lovely edges. Was batting on a higher level so it was more difficult. Overall the AI fielding setting felt slightly improved.

There was one issue. Fly slip throwing to my keeper who proceeded to charge down the stationary batsman from behind, bump him out of the crease and then he was given run out. Was amusing, not sure if it's legal and probably not within the spirit of cricket.

Only managed to play for a small while today. Some career mode with my fast-bowling all-rounder playing two t20s and an ODI and then an innings of FC spin bowling on my other career.

PROS:
- The AI batting definitely feels less "cheaty", they obviously have a much larger shot repertoire and there's less feeling of "I'm going to hoik this ball over square leg no matter what you bowl" from them
- I saw a dismissal on my fast-bowler I've never seen before in 150+ hours. The AI played back-foot clip aiming leg-side to a ball that kept low and was bowled, looked fantastic!
- Greater number and variety of edges. On a slow/low green wicket there were a bunch that died well before the keeper even when he was up
- Didn't have much of a bat but definitely felt like I had way more control on where I wanted to put the ball
- Actually getting bat-pads as a spinner as some people have posted videos of already (but look at cons)
- Series/competition stat tracking in career is much improved as is sorting by the different stats

CONS:
- Still no separate tracking of International stats as others have mentioned
- I still get a bug occasionally after watching a replay where the ball makes no sound when hitting the bat. This is easily fixed by quickly pausing/unpausing so it's not a big deal but still slightly annoying.
- I'm reserving judgement until I've played more but as nice as the bat-pads are ALL my 4 dismissals on my spin-bowler were bat-pads, I didnt get a single outside edge. Might need tweaking or I just need to play a bit more. Would also like to see more LBW/Bowled on spinners if possible.
-AI running is still too passive in Limited overs. I understand this is better than the AI constantly running itself out but if can be tweaked would be awesome and greatly increase the enjoyment/realism of LO.

As you can see most of the cons are pretty minor. I'll need to play a bit more, especially some test matches, to get a better judgement. But overall so far seems very good work by Big Ant and the beta team!

Last edited:
Had a really good T20 match. Bowling felt a lot cleaner, some lovely edges. Was batting on a higher level so it was more difficult. Overall the AI fielding setting felt slightly improved.

There was one issue. Fly slip throwing to my keeper who proceeded to charge down the stationary batsman from behind, bump him out of the crease and then he was given run out. Was amusing, not sure if it's legal and probably not within the spirit of cricket.
Haha. Had that too the other day. Batsmen was on 88 so I guess they needed another strategy to get him out.

I guess it's one of those anomalies when coding a video game.

CONS:
- Still no separate tracking of International stats as others have mentioned
- I still get a bug occasionally after watching a replay where the ball makes no sound when hitting the bat. This is easily fixed by quickly pausing/unpausing so it's not a big deal but still slightly annoying.
- I'm reserving judgement until I've played more but as nice as the bat-pads are ALL my 4 dismissals on my spin-bowler were bat-pads, I didnt get a single outside edge. Might need tweaking or I just need to play a bit more. Would also like to see more LBW/Bowled on spinners if possible.
-AI running is still too passive in Limited overs. I understand this is better than the AI constantly running itself out but if can be tweaked would be awesome and greatly increase the enjoyment/realism of LO.

While I've only played one game I got 4 wickets with a leg spinner. No bat pad (although I had no close fielders) but one was a delightful edge behind.

While I've only played one game I got 4 wickets with a leg spinner. No bat pad (although I had no close fielders) but one was a delightful edge behind.

Good to hear. What format were you playing with no men around the bat?

Have you checked the logo duplication yet? When they fixed that during beta testing I thought you would enjoy that as much as I did.

How about stats tab for competitions also show cumulative stats for all the players in the ongoing competitions?

I just downloaded your G&M Chrome bat, there were no duplicate logos like I've found happened in the past.
If you check your own logos, where the may have been duplicates before they have also been deleted. Such as the bat texture.

Users who are viewing this thread