Steam update for DBC17 released

I actually did notice some performance issues when I upgraded from a 970 to a 1070.

Strange that a few 1070 users are having the issue.
I spoke with a tech support guy. His suggestion was trying a different plug into the PSU (because the game had run fine for a couple of months after removing it from a 4-way adaptor) or plugging the monitor into the motherboard and removing the graphics card.

After the call I tried the game in two different ways - played the game until it crashed and it lasted 15 minutes. Then loaded the game and it crashed after just under 30 minutes purely sitting on the menu screen. I'm going to email the crash dumps to them and hopefully get a response on Monday.

@Plotinus @chintoo02018
Something to say below for overheating

I'm gonna give this a go and see what happens.

So I watched the video @chintoo02018 posted. Googled maximum processor state and the first post I read suggested altering the power plan to 'Balanced' and reducing the Maximum Processor State in the advanced settings to 99%. I did this and the game has been up and going without a crash for about 100 minutes. So I want to tentatively say this might be solved. I'm not sure how that helps anyone else but I don't think anyone has had the same issues. I can only think that the recent Windows 10 update perhaps reset or changed the power plan settings. I'll keep an eye on this. Thanks also to @Plotinus @BRAB

Anyway, like I said I've got 100 minutes in. And what a 100 minutes.

Playing as India on Legend.

rZrYJcf.jpg

As soon as I brought on spin I took 9 wickets in about 16 overs. Five bat pads to Pujara of which four were the 'bad' bat pads.
e7SEdU1.jpg

Batting I had two lbws which were short balls that I missed when attemt to pull. Frustrating the first time, idiotic the second. But given the pitch is uneven and soft, very realistic. The bowling of the AI still frustrates me, the speeds in particular. Broad for example bowls six balls that vary from 86 mph to 70 mph (something like 78, 80, 86, 73, 72, 76). Ali has not been bowled in 26 overs - this may be down to his setting as an all rounder or a lower skill rating than the other bowlers. However, given the state of the game throwing spinners on early would seem more realistic.

So I watched the video @chintoo02018 posted. Googled maximum processor state and the first post I read suggested altering the power plan to 'Balanced' and reducing the Maximum Processor State in the advanced settings to 99%. I did this and the game has been up and going without a crash for about 100 minutes. So I want to tentatively say this might be solved. I'm not sure how that helps anyone else but I don't think anyone has had the same issues. I can only think that the recent Windows 10 update perhaps reset or changed the power plan settings. I'll keep an eye on this. Thanks also to @Plotinus @BRAB

Anyway, like I said I've got 100 minutes in. And what a 100 minutes.

Batting I had two lbws which were short balls that I missed when attemt to pull. Frustrating the first time, idiotic the second. But given the pitch is uneven and soft, very realistic. The bowling of the AI still frustrates me, the speeds in particular. Broad for example bowls six balls that vary from 86 mph to 70 mph (something like 78, 80, 86, 73, 72, 76). Ali has not been bowled in 26 overs - this may be down to his setting as an all rounder or a lower skill rating than the other bowlers. However, given the state of the game throwing spinners on early would seem more realistic.

Good to know , I also get rid of over heating ... This Video Really Helpful , Ask Mod to Recommend to make this video in sticky note @Matt @BigAntStudios

Now my PC is back in business I finished the match I started. Didn't take long. Another thrashing. There were 8 bat pads in the second innings and it got to the point where I thought about taking out the short leg just to prolong things. Had I taken catches there's a fair chance it would have been 9 bat pads and all out for 70 ish again. I'm gonna play again with a couple of teams from the academy, that I've not tweaked, and see if the results are different.

1KW3MfU.jpg

Back from a mini vacation, had a question is there a way to reset cricket academy and start afresh? @MattW

Now my PC is back in business I finished the match I started. Didn't take long. Another thrashing. There were 8 bat pads in the second innings and it got to the point where I thought about taking out the short leg just to prolong things. Had I taken catches there's a fair chance it would have been 9 bat pads and all out for 70 ish again. I'm gonna play again with a couple of teams from the academy, that I've not tweaked, and see if the results are different.

1KW3MfU.jpg

This isn't great to see. Are we all set for the console submission with these problems still glaringly obvious in the game?

In other games R2 works fine
Even in DBC17 It works i can play Aggressive Ground shot L2 + R2 but only defensive shots i can't play
Have you accidentally changed your control mapping? If that's even possible?

It would have been great if we had tracking reference number against patch submission for consoles...:spy
Just kidding ;)

This isn't great to see. Are we all set for the console submission with these problems still glaringly obvious in the game?

No not great to see. I think when people were asking for bat-pads as a mode of dismisal, they were referring to 1-2 an innings. As for the AI being ripped through, it almost seems like some beta testers are bowling to a plan that suits them, but gets the AI out for normalish scores, whilst others are searching for a way to maybe take wickets in a repeat-what-works method and they might be getting through the AI for a lot less. It's hard to say, but it seems that the AI is still readily exploitable for some, across a variety of batsmen who come to the crease.

Maybe those getting the teams out very cheaply could explain what's most commonly getting out the batsmen in a very specific manner. Bowler types, lengths, line, swing, spin, catching position (as if even those of us unable to play it didn't know most of the time), slider settings or not etc. Does it matter how set a batsman is, is initial AI confidence high enough for the top order? All sorts of things.

It really is seemingly getting to a time where these things might not be able to be tinkered with too much more unless there is some very specific info for BA to go on.

No not great to see. I think when people were asking for bat-pads as a mode of dismisal, they were referring to 1-2 an innings. As for the AI being ripped through, it almost seems like some beta testers are bowling to a plan that suits them, but gets the AI out for normalish scores, whilst others are searching for a way to maybe take wickets in a repeat-what-works method and they might be getting through the AI for a lot less. It's hard to say, but it seems that the AI is still readily exploitable for some, across a variety of batsmen who come to the crease.

Maybe those getting the teams out very cheaply could explain what's most commonly getting out the batsmen in a very specific manner. Bowler types, lengths, line, swing, spin, catching position (as if even those of us unable to play it didn't know most of the time), slider settings or not etc. Does it matter how set a batsman is, is initial AI confidence high enough for the top order? All sorts of things.

It really is seemingly getting to a time where these things might not be able to be tinkered with too much more unless there is some very specific info for BA to go on.

Then I'd rather see the drive bat pad mechanic removed completely as it was before. There don't seem to be many other exploits or reasons for getting AI out cheaply. It all seems pretty well balanced apart from that. If you left in the defensive bat pad it would be a good ratio.

Then I'd rather see the drive bat pad mechanic removed completely as it was before. There don't seem to be many other exploits or reasons for getting AI out cheaply. It all seems pretty well balanced apart from that. If you left in the defensive bat pad it would be a good ratio.

The drive was always there it's the pad physics that changed. That gives us the genuine ones.

I honestly don't know what pitches or skills these results are coming with but I have never seen anything like it and I have had moments where I'm desperate for a wicket

The drive was always there it's the pad physics that changed. That gives us the genuine ones.

I honestly don't know what pitches or skills these results are coming with but I have never seen anything like it and I have had moments where I'm desperate for a wicket

Well for me veteran, hardest, dusty and pristine. I guess dusty assists the spin, but even so the results were excessive.

I really can't say what is causing this but running through a batting line up with bat-pad isn't something that I've managed to do yet. Admittedly, I do need to play some more matches to see how frequently this does occur. If you look at my post on this thread earlier (page 164, I think) playing as SA...I tried to do this and got nothing. I am pleased that the pad physics has changed, as it has made close catches actually part of the game...but I do agree that getting these from drives into the front pad should be a lot less common. I suspect that this is a difficult one to fix because it is how the physics works in the game..and a drive into the pad should still have the possibility of producing a catch. Unless you could, on the fly, adjust the pad physics based on shot type this is always going to be difficult to balance.

I'm starting a 1980's World Test Championship with 6 teams playing each other twice (yes, this is going to take forever). This is partly to improve my batting, partly to see if the patch does produce realistic test matches (including not being able to cheese it with bat-pad) and partly to try out @blockerdave's excellent 1980's test teams.

Users who are viewing this thread