Steam update for DBC17 released

The drive was always there it's the pad physics that changed. That gives us the genuine ones.

I honestly don't know what pitches or skills these results are coming with but I have never seen anything like it and I have had moments where I'm desperate for a wicket
I think that last match was uneven, soft, worn. It's a shame you can only see at the start as I always forget. Generally I leave all those pitch and weather settings on random, at least that way I'm not picking a pitch that will be perfect for me.

No not great to see. I think when people were asking for bat-pads as a mode of dismisal, they were referring to 1-2 an innings. As for the AI being ripped through, it almost seems like some beta testers are bowling to a plan that suits them, but gets the AI out for normalish scores, whilst others are searching for a way to maybe take wickets in a repeat-what-works method and they might be getting through the AI for a lot less. It's hard to say, but it seems that the AI is still readily exploitable for some, across a variety of batsmen who come to the crease.

Maybe those getting the teams out very cheaply could explain what's most commonly getting out the batsmen in a very specific manner. Bowler types, lengths, line, swing, spin, catching position (as if even those of us unable to play it didn't know most of the time), slider settings or not etc. Does it matter how set a batsman is, is initial AI confidence high enough for the top order? All sorts of things.

It really is seemingly getting to a time where these things might not be able to be tinkered with too much more unless there is some very specific info for BA to go on.

My bowling tactic is generally looking for an edge with pace bowlers, so moving away from the batsman with cutters and swinging balls. With spin, I just try and bowl outside off to spin it back in or on middle to turn it away. I used the default field setting for Very Attacking with the spinners (with a slip, short leg and possibly leg silp, can't remember which one). I used the bowling hud which probably makes timing easier, I'd prefer not to but I want to make sure I'm picking the right delivery.

I'd played around with some settings but I think it was actually to make bowling more difficult. I'd set it to hardest but I've reducing the timing settings to 0, about 70 for spin difficulty.

My only thought is that I've always found that batsmen are too weak, having played a lot of T20 I really struggled to score sixes or even get it over the fielders in the circle. So, it's possible that with increased strength they are clubbing the ball with greater force. These are all just best guesses.

I'm playing a game, like I said, with teams downloaded from the academy and that I haven't touched. I'd wanted to experiment with skills and mentalities before, now I want to see what happens without. Granted, now I'm playing with what someone else might think is right instead of what I think is right but I do know that I'd lowered skill settings somewhat. That being said the AI on those settings still scored heavily in limited overs games.

If anyone fancies a group experiment, have a go with the same teams/settings as me (I'm happy to try others if someone wants to suggest them). I'm playing a test match between NZ and SA at Wellington Park. These are teams done by @Llewelynf and/or @Fissionmailed with Jeetan Patel added to New Zealand and T De Bruyn added to South Africa. Line ups matching those from the last match between the two teams in real life. I'm playing Hard batting, Hardest bowling (modified to release window 0, foot window 0, spin difficulty 86) with bowling hud active and on Legend.

I'm New Zealand, batting first and 219 for 2 at tea on day one.

This discussion is starting to get productive and informative and obviously we've got two lots of people, ones where bat-pad is setting up too many opportunities and others where it's not. That's our starting point.

What can be done for those who are producing too many of these without impacting those who're getting a balance. A tough one alright.

Perhaps if velocity after a bat-pad chance if triggered was sped up somehow creating a situation where the ball isn't popping so much but dipping quickly? A lot of real-life bat-pads are very sharp chances, sometimes missing the fielder altogether and getting into the in-field. Not all of them pop very high are sometimes very quick at first and then slowing when hitting the ground.

Other close in catches are without the pad and are very sharp and hard where it either hits the fielder (hard - sometimes hurting them). In that case, the ball isn't popping up for a sitter, but comes off an edge or leading edge quite quickly.

I've seen a lot of videos where the silly mid on or off fielder is moving two to three steps to the ball (because of popping) and in real life they wouldn't have time to move to it like that. Perhaps not allowing them to move more than a step somehow?

I really don't think making the catching window for the quick-time event catches too hard or balanced or whatever is the way. That needs to be balanced gameplay, but what happens in the moments to create opportunities (and immediately after) needs to be looked at?

Anyhow, I think it's nearing the end of the suggestion window over the next while (or at least seems so), so I guess we need to think of answers to this one or ideas if we can. :)

Last edited:
Is it possible to get bowled's or LBW's whilst bowling in career? I've taken 50 wickets so far and they've all been caught

Is it possible to get bowled's or LBW's whilst bowling in career? I've taken 50 wickets so far and they've all been caught

Are you on PC, latest build? What difficulty? Is it across all match types? We're getting a lot of these vague enquiries with little in the way of specific info. We've even had PS4 users pop up, who're using Patch 3, so it helps to say. :)

Has downloading logo CTD been patched yet

Are you on PC, latest build? What difficulty? Is it across all match types? We're getting a lot of these vague enquiries with little in the way of specific info. We've even had PS4 users pop up, who're using Patch 3, so it helps to say. :)

Sorry for the lack of detail! It's on PC on amateur difficulty, and across all game types.

No. I posted an unofficial bug report that could have been actioned.

Hard to action when you don't provide the information required to actually do anything about it.

Just shooting your self in the foot with that attitude.

I really can't say what is causing this but running through a batting line up with bat-pad isn't something that I've managed to do yet. Admittedly, I do need to play some more matches to see how frequently this does occur. If you look at my post on this thread earlier (page 164, I think) playing as SA...I tried to do this and got nothing. I am pleased that the pad physics has changed, as it has made close catches actually part of the game...but I do agree that getting these from drives into the front pad should be a lot less common. I suspect that this is a difficult one to fix because it is how the physics works in the game..and a drive into the pad should still have the possibility of producing a catch. Unless you could, on the fly, adjust the pad physics based on shot type this is always going to be difficult to balance.

I'm starting a 1980's World Test Championship with 6 teams playing each other twice (yes, this is going to take forever). This is partly to improve my batting, partly to see if the patch does produce realistic test matches (including not being able to cheese it with bat-pad) and partly to try out @blockerdave's excellent 1980's test teams.

Glad you appreciate them! Worth doing a bit of housekeeping first mate I've noticed a few discrepancies such as left arm spinners being set as chinamen. am fixing as I go and will be resharing shortly with lineups / logos etc.

getting good variety of wickets in career- pro for local club - veteran for yorkshire/county teams -legend for franchise(ipl ect..)medium medium. only gripe now is dropping dollies in deep too often(semi-auto field) and fields sometimes still not sticking or changing on the sly, tho its easier to rectify now with quick field settings(pressing select) so minor issues..overall vast improvement to original release and enjoyable now ...thankyou :)

After two innings of my NZ v SA game.

eNcO3LY.jpg

If it wasn't for Duminy not being gone when he was out for 4. It could've been 100 all out. A good mix of wickets, only two bat pads but lots of opportunities if you put a silly mid on in for every bowler from the off. I had one bat pad whilst batting, but this was an inside edge onto the inside of the top flap of the pad and just bounced up and caught by the keeper. I can live with that cause it's unusual in a good way.

The SA wickets:
De Bruyn - back foot drive in the air to mid on.
Elgar - Avoided, caught bat/gloves, looped up to slip
Amla - A drive straight to cover.
Du Plessis - edged behind off spinner (no reflex catching)
Bavuma - bat pad - drive onto ankle/inner pad caught at silly mid on
De Kock - edged behind, game slowed down but there was no reflex catching, I just pushed right and hoped for the best
Philander - bat pad - drive onto ankle/pad caught at silly mid on
Maharaj - attempted hook/pull, edged and looped up to keeper
Duminy - pushed at a full pitched ball and nicked to slip
Morkel - standard edge to 1st slip

Rest of the scorecards - test match NZ v SA - Album on Imgur

Hope @BigAntStudios look into the close cam running in career...Its still locked with the batsman view..Only this missing for me for overall experience..

After two innings of my NZ v SA game.

eNcO3LY.jpg

If it wasn't for Duminy not being gone when he was out for 4. It could've been 100 all out. A good mix of wickets, only two bat pads but lots of opportunities if you put a silly mid on in for every bowler from the off. I had one bat pad whilst batting, but this was an inside edge onto the inside of the top flap of the pad and just bounced up and caught by the keeper. I can live with that cause it's unusual in a good way.

The SA wickets:
De Bruyn - back foot drive in the air to mid on.
Elgar - Avoided, caught bat/gloves, looped up to slip
Amla - A drive straight to cover.
Du Plessis - edged behind off spinner (no reflex catching)
Bavuma - bat pad - drive onto ankle/inner pad caught at silly mid on
De Kock - edged behind, game slowed down but there was no reflex catching, I just pushed right and hoped for the best
Philander - bat pad - drive onto ankle/pad caught at silly mid on
Maharaj - attempted hook/pull, edged and looped up to keeper
Duminy - pushed at a full pitched ball and nicked to slip
Morkel - standard edge to 1st slip

Rest of the scorecards - test match NZ v SA - Album on Imgur

Levels, pitch etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread