Steam update for DBC17 released

The bowler becomes visible only at this stage...
& further more at such a low and flat angle it becomes extremely difficult to judge the speed of the delivery..

My timing has gone horribly out of the window since this revamped camera...

Please BigAnt bring back the old broadcast camera as an addition...
20170502234323_1.jpg

The back of the sight screen behind the bowler... this is because of the long run up of the bowler..

Isnt this is shockingly annoying...How do I bat?
:lol this is horrendous (tremendously horrific)!! Never experienced it though. May I know which stadium you're playing in? And who's the creator?

:lol this is horrendous (tremendously horrific)!! Never experienced it though. May I know which stadium you're playing in? And who's the creator?

It happens on default stadiums as well I think. Can't remember which one it happened to me in, SCG I think

Quite strange y'know! I'm playing against Vinay kumar's bowling (as shown in the screenshot) at the moment in a ranji game. My cam is not showing the sightscreen. I was playing in custom stadium. Just deleted that stadium to get that matcg defaulted to SCG. Still no experience as the pic! :facepalm

Quite strange y'know! I'm playing against Vinay kumar's bowling (as shown in the screenshot) at the moment in a ranji game. My cam is not showing the sightscreen. I was playing in custom stadium. Just deleted that stadium to get that matcg defaulted to SCG. Still no experience as the pic! :facepalm

Maybe it was Wellington, but definitely a default ground.

I would love AI v AI to be realistic because I like to sim games myself, but it isn't, and isnt much of a reflection on the game. The bowlers bowl complete rubbish so the batsmen arent simmed properly. The most concerning thing for me is i have never seen a clean bowled or LBW whilst actually bowling.
In theory,the best way to test the realism of a sport game, is watching AI vs AI matches.
Before these recent updates(im still hopefull about upcoming updates),the AI behaviour was similar in every game and in every pitch.
After these updates,the batsmen(AI) showed improvements.
My last simulated game showed some thrills(IND: 171/7, BAN: 163/8) but with less realism haha
I have not seen a low score total(less than 99 runs) yet when in real life it happens sometimes.

@mikeymerren please fix long sleeves, jumper suit variation. Option is available in academy but it doesn't work. Wont take much time to fix i reckon.

What about cloudy and overcast conditions request? It will be like icing on the cake.

I am testing to see if the attacking and defending sliders actually change how they approach their innings. I always assumed this was just their ability to attack and defend, not whether they actually wanted to or not.

No bowleds for me on pro or on amateur yet apart from chop ons. Id be gutted if we can no longer beat the bat and send the stumps flying!
I got a bowled with a pace bowler in my last match. Think there was a inside edge but it was still a pleasing moment. It was one of a variety of different dismissals which is even better.

In theory,the best way to test the realism of a sport game, is watching AI vs AI matches.
Before these recent updates(im still hopefull about upcoming updates),the AI behaviour was similar in every game and in every pitch.
My last simulated game showed some thrills(IND: 171/7, BAN: 163/8) but with less realism haha
I have not seen a low score total(less than 99 runs) yet when in real life it happens sometimes.
Before the recent patches I bowled out teams for less than 99 at least twice in T20 games.

Last edited:

Yes correct, but I was told in no uncertain terms on here last time that it was pointless and why would I want to simulate AI vs AI? So much for simulating a fantasy cricket league. But apparently the AI doesnt behave at all well in that mode, but I am glad you enjoy it.

Always wanted to do this! Just pure fast bowler's aggression!! But isn't that too much? The ball went straight through the helmet!!
And then, this happened! I've spoken before about this in this thread. Need serious fix here. It's out as well but not given. :lol

Finished my game. A nice spread of dismissals and nice to see some proper turn on a slow and uneven pitch. This version certainly feels a lot closer to what a game of cricket should feel like. My main issues are the oft-changed AI fields and the AI bowling decisions. I actually got some all-rounders bowling but they only bowled 11 out of 115 between them and this is Matt Coles and Darren Stevens who are proper all-rounders (and bastards when we're talking about Stevens and Essex) rather than some proper batting all-rounders. Given that my lower order were untouchable at one stage I'd have expected better bowling choices and (especially given the pitch) Joe Denly being given a bowl as a part-time spin bowler. This still feels like an area that needs work.

That issue, constant field changes and bowling AI not mixing their bowlers up to make sure best/first choice pace bowlers are ready for the new ball are my biggest issues here.

The field setting is definitely getting there for T20. There was a noticeable difference.

But I found that from over 7 to 17, it was predominantly fields with 3 men out (all the time for spinners). This is even when I had Yuvraj and Kohli both in the 20s with a 50 run partnership. The only ball when there were 5 men out was the first ball faced by Dhoni. By the time they went to five men out (death overs) I'd got the game all but in the bag chasing 150.

There is also the odd field that pops up with a short/silly mid off for spinners. The last over was bowled by a spinner and there were only three men out. Some of the fields with three/four men out have two slips & a gully which makes it way to easy to nudge singles. Hope that all my obsessing over field settings helps!

TBH I wouldn't mind seeing AI defaulting to purely defensive fields with max fielders outside the fielding circle post powerplay overs. I would rather take AI which is too cautious and defensive, which is what happens most of the times in shorter formats, than AI which is unrealistically aggressive.

Users who are viewing this thread