Steam update for DBC17 released

I get loads of bowled in Patch 3, providing I play on Pro. In this new build I can hardly beat the bat on Pro.

I've always bowled on veteran and medium. While I'd like more bowled's especially to tailenders, i've always got 1 an innings I think on average. I haven't noticed that changing in the patch but i will keep an eye out on it

I've always bowled on veteran and medium. While I'd like more bowled's especially to tailenders, i've always got 1 an innings I think on average. I haven't noticed that changing in the patch but i will keep an eye out on it

Yeah take a look. There are obviously chop ons with all the various edges flying around, but to actually beat the bat and get something through the gate is almost impossible now

Last two days around this time we got patches ... fingers crossed even today:clap

With regards to broadcast cam, I think we have all agreed that it rotates and zooms far too quickly to really focus on the ball. The new one seems to be really low down. I still think Cricket 07 had the best broadcast cam style in that it was always completely straight on and zoomed in quite early into a steady and still position about 2 or 3 seconds before the ball was bowled. The stability of the camera made it life like and you were able to just focus more. I dont usually play on Broadcast in DB17 as it moves around too much and isnt stable enough to really focus on the ball. But I feel this would be good to fix as loads of people are interested in it.

I think the whole issue is that it has become too easy to hit the spot each time with whatever bowler whereas in fact it is the hardest thing to do; thats why bowlers succeed or fail in a spell; the either hit the right length or they dont. With the bowling mechanics as they are there is too little error room. I would like to see us return to the previous mechanic in that point of release determines length as in real life....
Nononononononononononono! Im only stressing the word "no" because I'm completely against the suggestion of changing or reverting back to the old scheme that was, for the simple reason of "I want it to feel like I can execute my bowling plan, rather than have to execute exquisite controller skill to achieve a wicket". For argument sake say I wanted to get a batsman out LBW, so I bowl 5 outswinging deliveries just back of a good length designed to be very difficult to drive of the frontfoot and not quite short enough to play confidently off the backfoot, the same line each ball around or just outside off, and on the final delivery of the over, bowl a delivery the same line thats just holding or swinging in, "only this time a little bit fuller" ( a press of r1/l1?? ) to hopefully entice a big stride out towards the seemingly inevitable old one...two dismissal. Of course I hope its not that simple, maybe there is a multitude of factors that contribute to the "final piece of my grand masterplan" like; ball condition, stamina, confidence, overall character skill or a certain particular skill. All in all I want to be able to execute a plan rather than execute a skill, if plan A doesn't work I want to try out plan B, C, D etc etc, not just sit there wondering if I've executed the correct analogue position of a controller.

Sorrysorrysorry I know I'm not meant to be posting if I haven't played the beta or something, but this sort of stuff is important to me a as a console user. :) :wave

I'm not saying less options are a good thing whatsoever. I'm just saying that, to me, people can and will use it to their advantage. Realistic conditions should already be there for each stadium that's created. You should be able to create a stadium and assign what conditions the pitch can have. Then it can randomise between those conditions each time you play.

If people want to cheat they already can quit when they are out, any system like this could be abused but match conditions are a bit different in that both teams have to play on that pitch and in that weather. I'd just like the options there to be able to play in conditions I deem to be realistic and I can make sure those games are played in a appropriate stadium.

Broadcast camera is really good in the below video. The revamped one will be awesome if the height and follow through can be tuned to this style :)

Edit- The old broadcast cam in 17 is really good except for the run up start point and follow through. If that can be tuned to something like this then all good.

Last edited:
David Lloyd, amazing commentator. I remember that game. "I don't make the mistake of confusing twenty over cricket and real cricket."

Broadcast camera is really good in the below video. The revamped one will be awesome if the height and follow through can be tuned to this style :)

True that ,

atleast they restore the original camera & bring these revamped ones as additions like Broadcast 2, 3 etc...Because the default camera has been around since DBC 14 & well suited to broadcast camera users....

Revamped cameras are welcome but only as additional options to the original broadcast cam...

Cheers...

I know this issue may not be of matter to non broadcast camera users since their camera angles are intact so the sheer reason to play this legendary game (i.e enjoyment & satisfaction) may not be affected by this...

However this issue, does matter to the ones who use it as it drastically reduces the degree of enjoyment while playing...

Hence the repeated posts & discussions about this matter...so that it goes a priority in the upcoming patch (since BA just has to add the original broadcast camera back as it was already developed & part of the game originally)

No offence to the ones who are not affected by it,...

cheers

Last edited:
I think the whole issue is that it has become too easy to hit the spot each time with whatever bowler whereas in fact it is the hardest thing to do; thats why bowlers succeed or fail in a spell; the either hit the right length or they dont. With the bowling mechanics as they are there is too little error room. I would like to see us return to the previous mechanic in that point of release determines length as in real life....

At the very least, timing should have a big impact on accuracy, and there just generally should be more error in the length.

David Lloyd, amazing commentator. I remember that game. "I don't make the mistake of confusing twenty over cricket and real cricket."

Would love Bumble to get involved in some capacity with any future iterations, especially since he has mentioned DBC a couple of times in his tweets!

My features that would be nice for upcoming patch
1. Fix the stats like 50, 100 not showing correctly
2. To show stats when player walks out in tournament competition
3. To get more wickets in t20

My features that would be nice for upcoming patch
1. Fix the stats like 50, 100 not showing correctly
2. To show stats when player walks out in tournament competition
3. To get more wickets in t20

Looks like people are batting and commenting on stats more ... does this mean while bowling no issues with respect to average , best bowling per innings , total number of wickets etc.

If any body bowling on latest patch (PC) can confirm if any issues?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread