Steam update for DBC17 released

I remember something being said about considering the game mode (T20 vs 40-over) at the start of a career. Is this something that is still being looked at? As someone who doesn't really likes playing that format in cricket games, it would be really great if this system is tweaked a little (perhaps less T20s and more 40-over matches).

I remember something being said about considering the game mode (T20 vs 40-over) at the start of a career. Is this something that is still being looked at? As someone who doesn't really likes playing that format in cricket games, it would be really great if this system is tweaked a little (perhaps less T20s and more 40-over matches).
I think it was more to speed the 'remedial' part of the career up so we can get better quickly and get into the pro competitions.

. The run out frequency from the outfield/infield(apart from WK/Bowler) frequency also seems low. DBC14 after its patches was in an ideal spot regarding these.

Issue is how many matches have you played since latest patch to reach that conclusion?

Plus it's very subjective what is ideal, no?

L O L ! Is that only you being jovial? :lol
Don't be a sillybilly!

Everyone knows the patch notes will be out soon, Matt has already sent some but the full list will be posted in due course.

Gran! Oh, so very good thanks. Must get on with my crochet.

Hello. I am new here on this thread.
The updates to the PC version of Don Bradman Cricket 17 have been amazing. Many bugs have been fixed and the game is much more playable now, Specifically the online mode after the latest update. :D
Even the dynamic lineups issue has improved in the career mode with the playing 11 being changed once in a while (However i noted this on international level and not on the club level), batting order being shuffled. This has indeed added more realism to the game. AI fielding and performance has improved a lot and now their shot selections are just amazing to watch.
I would however like to address an issue in the career statistics category for custom/created players. The statistics update fine when you play a match. However there are still issues where the 50's are not been properly updated as well as the 100's. Even the Not Out's are not updated. I even simulated a match in my career mode and my player scored 50+ scores in both innings of a test match. However post match my statistics showed up statistics as 1 Match and 12 Fifties. I hope this issue is being looked upon and would love to see it being fixed in the upcoming update's. @MattW
The rest of the game has been amazing and a delight to play with daily updates.

IMG_7759.JPG

@Langeveldt

Mentalities ;)

Agree with you! BA should add this to the list. Town level games should be 40 overs a side game. T20 seems to be pretty tough to make an impact, instantly, especially when your overall rating is 30 to 35.
Catching upto the club level, will take time and significant skills. But playing through a 40 over a side town game with gaining improvement and VC, is way better than playing 2 years of boring town t20s tournament, with default, stupid roster and watching all of them performing top class but yourself.........!

I think it was more to speed the 'remedial' part of the career up so we can get better quickly and get into the pro competitions.
In my case, it has turned out to be the opposite. In the quest of getting quick runs (I come out to bat at #5) with not many overs to spare, I'm usually getting out in the 5-10 run range. You can't really expect a promotion with that sort of performance.

In my case, it has turned out to be the opposite. In the quest of getting quick runs (I come out to bat at #5) with not many overs to spare, I'm usually getting out in the 5-10 run range. You can't really expect a promotion with that sort of performance.
It's not proper cricket just close your eyes and let the ball hit the bat... And run!!!

You pretty much described the reason why I loathe that particular format. I'm more of a "settle down and score" kind of a guy.
Cazza is taking my right to silence on this you don't want to hear my views... I can watch it as a side show but never as good as the real thing.

Cazza is taking my right to silence on this you don't want to hear my views... I can watch it as a side show but never as good as the real thing.

One day cricket has its place for me :thumbs(wrong thread to state any more)

In fairness you cannot draw any conclusions from 7 overs
You might have bowled dross to Warner and McGrath like bowling at the other batsman ?

Notwithstanding that I've often said to @Langeveldt that you can't read anything into one match/innings/session, this is encouraging:

PgVyPUM.jpg

Dyson = Conservative; Shipperd = Aggressive; Haysman = Balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread