Steam update for DBC17 released

Hello. I am new here on this thread.
The updates to the PC version of Don Bradman Cricket 17 have been amazing. Many bugs have been fixed and the game is much more playable now, Specifically the online mode after the latest update. :D
Even the dynamic lineups issue has improved in the career mode with the playing 11 being changed once in a while (However i noted this on international level and not on the club level), batting order being shuffled. This has indeed added more realism to the game. AI fielding and performance has improved a lot and now their shot selections are just amazing to watch.
I would however like to address an issue in the career statistics category for custom/created players. The statistics update fine when you play a match. However there are still issues where the 50's are not been properly updated as well as the 100's. Even the Not Out's are not updated. I even simulated a match in my career mode and my player scored 50+ scores in both innings of a test match. However post match my statistics showed up statistics as 1 Match and 12 Fifties. I hope this issue is being looked upon and would love to see it being fixed in the upcoming update's. @MattW
The rest of the game has been amazing and a delight to play with daily updates.
Can you please tell me how the lineups are changing.. Like you are saying different lineups across different formats.. Or they are like if in 2-3 one days one player doesn't perform well and that is why getting swapped in the 4th one day of the same international series?

The dynamic lineups must be there at club and domestic levels to make this feature complete. As it is the most demanded feature, it must be full proofed and fully available to the don bradmanians.. So BA must work upon this on the next upcoming patch..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please tell me how the lineups are changing.. Like you are saying different lineups across different formats.. Or they are like if in 2-3 one days one player doesn't perform well and that is why getting swapped in the 4th one day of the same international series?

The dynamic lineups must be there at club and domestic levels to make this feature complete. As it is the most demanded feature, it must be full proofed and fully available to the don bradmanians.. So BA must work upon this on the next upcoming patch..

And you 'must' stop imposing ridiculous standards on what Big Ant 'must' do. Given you didn't fully understand what dynamic lineups meant, I'm not sure how they suddenly become a 'must' have at club level.

In the future is there any chance of tweaking the run rate during simulations in tests? I find it's usually between 5-5.5 per over, which is pretty high even for modern standards and leads to very few draws. If it could be tailored for pitch conditions/match situations (eg. a collapse leads to the run rate slowing considerably) that would be even better.

Edit: This problem is especially prevalent in the 4th innings where chasing down 350-400 seems to be something that happens far too often when simulating in career mode.

Last edited:
In the future is there any chance of tweaking the run rate during simulations in tests? I find it's usually between 5-5.5 per over, which is pretty high even for modern standards and leads to very few draws. If it could be tailored for pitch conditions/match situations (eg. a collapse leads to the run rate slowing considerably) that would be even better.

Edit: This problem is especially prevalent in the 4th innings where chasing down 350-400 seems to be something that happens far too often when simulating in career mode.

But the problem is how do you do it without revamping the AI? You can't have a slider which determines the run rate as that would be scripting and AI would play as per the slider and not based on the quality of bowling. The key is to design and develop AI which organically plays the way which results in realistic run rates and outcomes. I don't think such a revamp would fall under the scope of a patch or two. Maybe next iteration in the DBC franchise can focus solely on AI as that's what really makes a difference, and not the number or variety of features.

Issue is how many matches have you played since latest patch to reach that conclusion?

Plus it's very subjective what is ideal, no?

I concede the "ideal" point.

I have played 3 full T20s since patch 4, on Pro and Amateur. Bowled them out twice, total tally would around 26-27 wickets. All caught. Even before patch 4, I got maybe 1 LBW and a few bowled. In general I feel like there are no more Plays'n'Misses from the AI. I do not play online, so that might not be an issue there.

I will try to play another game tonight and see how it unfolds. It's not unplayable IMO, mind you and pretty good in many areas. But there does seem to be some regression when compared to DBC14.

Notwithstanding that I've often said to @Langeveldt that you can't read anything into one match/innings/session, this is encouraging:

PgVyPUM.jpg

Dyson = Conservative; Shipperd = Aggressive; Haysman = Balanced.

That stadium though :O, I havent seen any stadium with water resources or is it added now? :O

But the problem is how do you do it without revamping the AI? You can't have a slider which determines the run rate as that would be scripting and AI would play as per the slider and not based on the quality of bowling. The key is to design and develop AI which organically plays the way which results in realistic run rates and outcomes. I don't think such a revamp would fall under the scope of a patch or two. Maybe next iteration in the DBC franchise can focus solely on AI as that's what really makes a difference, and not the number or variety of features.

You realise I'm talking specifically about simulation? Pretty sure that is already scripted and has nothing to do with the batting AI.

With the latest update we released last night, would be good to get feedback please on how Online is performing for everyone please.

We really want to make sure the online experience is as good as we can get it - and with recent improvements I want to know how close we are.

20170503205110_1.jpg

Getting field settings like these automatically post last night's patch. Every over the field gets reset to this.

Still Waiting for Career Fielding Camera to work , as bowler career .

upload_2017-5-4_6-40-50.png
upload_2017-5-4_6-38-21.png

Dude,

Search the forum for how this is meant to work, or start a new thread if you can't find it. Spamming this one, which is about the new patches, isn't working for you. You're posts are getting lost among the far more interesting stuff being posted by others. You're making yourself look silly by one minute saying you want a refund because dynamic line up isn't working, then the next minute asking how dynamic line up is meant to work because you're unsure!

With the latest update we released last night, would be good to get feedback please on how Online is performing for everyone please.

We really want to make sure the online experience is as good as we can get it - and with recent improvements I want to know how close we are.

how difficult is to fix the long sleeves variation bug in the academy?

Users who are viewing this thread