Steam update for DBC17 released

Please if someone can answer me
Q- Do the fixes made to the career stats in new updates would fix up my messed up existing career stats automatically.. So that there is no need to start a new career?

* Will you introduce a proper DRS system with new rules? Whenever I take a review for a LBW I feel that it's out but it's not given and I can't know why...

Can you describe what happened?

Is it just me or the game simply refuses to run now after the last update today.

I click "Play" and the "Launching Don Bradman Cricket 17" popup shows up. It then stays there for about a sec and a half and then disappears. The cursor turns to a "loading" state and two seconds later the "Launching Don Bradman Cricket 17" popup shows up again and the cycle continues in an endless loop.

Any help here?

Is it just me or the game simply refuses to run now after the last update today.

I click "Play" and the "Launching Don Bradman Cricket 17" popup shows up. It then stays there for about a sec and a half and then disappears. The cursor turns to a "loading" state and two seconds later the "Launching Don Bradman Cricket 17" popup shows up again and the cycle continues in an endless loop.

Any help here?
Restart steam or Verify integrity of cache.

Is anyone else having trouble with the game crashing when trying to use the quick select menu (up on the D-pad)? I've had the game crash on me four times in the last 20 minutes or so while trying to change the field layout.
Yeah i am having this same problem

Played last night after yesterday's patch
Career Mode as Batting allrounder (wrist spinner)
Batting - custom
Bowling - Medium

Several improvements compared to the state before the patches

Few observations as under;

* the cut shot seems a visual treat to watch...(dont know if it is due to the patches or because i upgraded from easy to custom in batting) Just love to see my career player hitting the square cut in the gap to short stuff & even good length on occassions...As good as real:clap

*More frequent balls deceiving the AI batsmen than before (while bowling as wrist spinner in career mode):clap

*More nicks & edges & as a result got 3-4 dismisals as bat pad & caught behind:yes

* AI batsman try to play & attack (down the track) especially in flighted deliveries (observed 2 to 3 times)

*The custom field doesn't reset like before (however after a wicket the field is reset for that new batsman. So i guess the custom field must be for that specific batsman only until he is not out )

* While bowling several deliveries deceived the AI batman & went inches above the stumps...indicating too much bounce even though I had bowled a normal spin deliveries.
It happened 5-6 times...I rechecked the gameplay modifiers & they were at their default values...especially the pitch / ball bounce & friction. This was on a pitch which was soft- worn - with heavy cracks.:clap

* ball stuttering has increased a lot than ealier:facepalm, after the patches have started & have tried tweaking the graphics too but of no avail...(some improvement only when i played at lower resolution & disabled Fullscreen). I am sure BA will smoothen out the ball stuttering as the patches come out...as they did in DBC 14 too..:yes

* the new broadcast camera is great :clapespecially when used in the running camera.. However on rare occasssions when the batsman defends a delivery or hits a straight drive the camera zooms in too much on the delivery perpendicular from above & that too v quickly & then slowly zooming out. It breaks the wonderful seamless visual continuity from the batting broadcast 1 camera to running broadcast 2 camera....
Not a severe issue as such but Hope BA tries to fix the sudden extra zooming on the ball...otherwise the new camera is excellent for running camera

:cheers

Last edited:
20170505134002_1.jpg

Having a very different experience with the new build - Grassy pristine, un-cracked pitch, Veteran Difficulty. A couple of bat pads not grabbed, a catch at slip, and a few plays and misses. No aerial lobs giving cheap wickets away, yet. Cook is scoring fairly quickly for a conservative player but nearly everything along the ground and I don't get the sense he is slogging at all.

I would urge bigant to play cricket heroes that game apart from graphics and animations has nearly got real cricket feeling spot on. The bowl physics is extremely accurate.
Why...? They would have an idea of what they want to achieve from the concept stage and I don't feel they would copy other ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 187509

Having a very different experience with the new build - Grassy pristine, un-cracked pitch, Veteran Difficulty. A couple of bat pads not grabbed, a catch at slip, and a few plays and misses. No aerial lobs giving cheap wickets away, yet. Cook is scoring fairly quickly for a conservative player but nearly everything along the ground and I don't get the sense he is slogging at all.

All about the pristine !!

How would it be to have an option to save the custom field then & there, after setting it while bowling...??

I know we can save it in the field editor in the academy...but it would be convenient if we could save it then & there...

So that when a new batsman comes we can quickly choose it if we desire the same field setup...without needing to reset it

I dont know if such a feature can be implemented by BA without much hassles?

Damn this feels great. A pure offspinner's delight! Sorry for poor recording! My, my! After bowling 100s of tireless overs in career, well, here is my first clean bowled victim.

Wonder why bowled is not so obvious in dbc 17! :rolleyes but anyway, got my share of joy! Such an awful timing from AI though. Completely misread the delivery!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread