Steam update for DBC17 released

View attachment 187526

Strange....

Genuinely couldn't buy a wicket last night as Warner dispatched me to all parts on his way to a century.

Spinners for me are almost useless on a green top, hardly turns!

Scorecard is my test so far in a tricky old deck!

Also and again no way am I calling you a list but in both innings that aI has not come down the wicket once haha

Haha. Truly Strange.

It could well be because Ravi Ashwin must have been rated much higher compared to a say Nathan Lyon. I'd try to get a game playing as Australia with less rated spinners.

Current scorecard after 40 overs of bowling on veteran @WealeyH

20170505160301_1.jpg

20170505160303_1.jpg

I think edges are currently okay with the current build, on veteran (mind you I have only played one session).

I would just like to see some more bowled and LBW (still) to balance out the caught dismissals.

I don't notice them coming down the track a lot. Are you playing with the latest build?

I currently have England 113/1, so will post a scorecard at the end of the innings when I have learned a bit more. I guess they won't be releasing any new builds over the weekend?

Yes, playing with the latest build.

Cannot help but think that it's the ratings at play. I will try to play as a different team and will post the results.

Yes, playing with the latest build.

Cannot help but think that it's the ratings at play. I will try to play as a different team and will post the results.

My England games are fissionmailed default teams with some changes to the mentality

2-3 times my bowler deliver the ball and hit the pads of the batsman I appeal and review directly the video shows the ball hitting the pads and it's given not out but I believe it's not pitching outside leg and the ball is low and in the middle I'm sure that's out but it's not given so without DRS it's impossible to know why...

If the umpire was right all the time you wouldn't need DRS. Umpire getting it wrong is a positive.

Having played around 3 Test Matches(2 on Veteran & 1 on Pro) I have a few suggestions and certainly a few people would agree with me. There are 2 things that need to be toned down.

First, the probability of edges. For the third time in a row I've got the whole team out within 150 or so. 10 out of 10 have been edges. With around 6 being taken by the Spinners each time. Could get them all out in less than 50 overs.

Second, the tendency of the Batsmen to go down the track against the spinners. This is the issue which leads to the first issue at times. Every 2-3 out of 6 balls the batsmen go down the track against the spinners which leads to edges.

At the moment it's too easy to pick wickets against even the Top teams like Australia, England at Veteran Difficulty.

Another issue is that balls have been turning square even on Grassy Pristine pitches, from Over number 15 or so(That's when I brought on the spinners :P ). This may be the reason why so many Wickets are coming from Spinners.

I believe some other users are also playing Test Matches only. Would like to hear their thoughts on my suggestions. @Langeveldt @WealeyH[/QUOTE

Mate just bugger off.

don't notice them coming down the track a lot
Ah they do!! Thrice At least in an over of spin, provided, you're bowling flight deliveries! To me, the leading edges however falls short of fielders. May be once I got an wicket but not as heavily as Ankit stated.

Just gone through some serious playtest as a spinner and want to let you guys know, don't bowl with easiest and easy setup with overall settings on pro. It's horrible experience unless you wanted to go back to EA days!

To me, the Game is close to perfection under overall pro with custom batting and hard bowling ( if you neglect frequent edges and dried up possibilities of getting a bowled and lbw victim.) And yeah, fielding must be set to manual.

Thanks for the feedback - would really appreciate others experience as well.
Hello again,

So I played a couple of online matches again after the latest update and I have definitely seen a big difference as compared to what I saw on Monday. The game runs a lot smoother online than I felt on Monday. However few things are still there and I would really appreciate of something could be done about that as it ruins the whole fun when you are playing.

1) The field placements are still creating issues sometimes. It keeps on changing fields (even after I select for all) and sometimes it works just fine.
2) A big wide down leg side was not given a wide. This happened in last game as well. A clean bowled was not given out and a big wide down leg was not given a wide.
3) Close fielders keep throwing flighted throws. Instead of trying sharp direct hits, they are throwing the slow and lame flighted throws.
4) Again, no attempts by wicket keeper to dive and stop the ball (Wide, Bouncer and Inner Edge). The keeper doesn't even move which does not feel good. At least make the keeper try.
5) Batsman dances in circle after being dismissed (making rounds and rounds)

I am sure that you guys are already working on "Stats" as everyone has that similar issue. Other than that, I have seen a big improvement in the game quality. Will keep supporting you as always by purchasing your products on all platforms. You guys are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work. Cheers!

To me, the Game is close to perfection under overall pro with custom batting and hard bowling ( if you neglect frequent edges and dried up possibilities of getting a bowled and lbw victim.) And yeah, fielding must be set to manual.

Yeah I'm seeing some great cricket but it is back to batting, or Rimworld (or going outside with real people) if it is nearly impossible to get someone out bowled. It's the whole point of fast bowling!

Yeah I'm seeing some great cricket but it is back to batting, or Rimworld (or going outside with real people) if it is nearly impossible to get someone out bowled. It's the whole point of fast bowling!
True, yet to see a malinga style dismissal (bowled on yorker) in the Game. Despite BA's excellent works, such omissions makes us meh at times! :)

Users who are viewing this thread