Steam update for DBC17 released

I got a nice lbw yesterday:

Nice as bowleds and lbw look and are I would always trade them for frequent and varied edges which give you a feeling of captaincy - where to put fielders and how much to attack

Mate just bugger off.

Seriously? First of all that post was not directed towards you. Second, I have bought the game. Am a member of this forum. And I believe I have done enough for this forum and it's members over the years to not warrant such a reaction.

I don't care that you're a beta tester. But if that gives you the sense of entitlement, put it up your a**. Just because I'm not regular here these days doesn't mean I'm the newb you face thrice a day.

What I posted was my experience and was constructive IMO. Next time you respond to someone make sure you check the profile.

Nice as bowleds and lbw look and are I would always trade them for frequent and varied edges which give you a feeling of captaincy - where to put fielders and how much to attack

Nice, Which difficulty level?

To be honest, in the second iteration of the Don Bradman franchise we shouldn't really have to be trading between bowleds or edges, should we?

Now for the people who can take constructive criticism here's a score sheet from one my matches. Green Uneven Pitch.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Veteran Difficulty, this match I had set the bowling difficulty to medium.

Last edited:

But effectively taking away 2 legitimate ways of dismissals(3 if you consider stumping), is not acceptable. I understand some of us tend to defend BA because they provided 2 of the best cricket games in history (yes, even DBC 17), but this is a big flaw.

I still think it's a symptom of the greater ailment, i.e. AI rarely misses a delivery. It also goes to show how good and polished DBC14 was from Day 1.

I had a nice session, grassy, pristine pitch, hard bowling, veteran difficulty.

Don't get too excited though, the bowled was a big chop on from an off drive.

I have bowled around about 150 overs today on varying difficulties and not one clean bowled or LBW. While this is not enough for a consensus, I do think something is off at the moment and I'm just about done with it until we hear something more. I am sure BA have heard enough from me in this thread for now and I look forward to following it and how the builds develop.

20170505195855_1.jpg

But effectively taking away 2 legitimate ways of dismissals(3 if you consider stumping), is not acceptable. I understand some of us tend to defend BA because they provided 2 of the best cricket games in history (yes, even DBC 17), but this is a big flaw.

I still think it's a symptom of the greater ailment, i.e. AI rarely misses a delivery. It also goes to show how good and polished DBC14 was from Day 1.

I think everyone just needs to be calm. In such a short period of time they've brought so many amazing changes. At the rate they're going I am expecting them to nail the experience to perfection this time round.

I think everyone just needs to be calm. In such a short period of time they've brought so many amazing changes. At the rate they're going I am expecting them to nail the experience to perfection this time round.

Oh yeah totally agreed, but if they want opinions of people who aren't beta testers, there mine was.

Ignore the worst posts and thank the constructive posts.
[DOUBLEPOST=1494008255][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or proper leg end...?

Yes, they have certainly improved the game a lot in the last week. Batting is pretty much flawless now.

Oh yeah totally agreed, but if they want opinions of people who aren't beta testers, there mine was.

Nah mate. I had quoted gang_s' post. That wasn't for you.

All your posts have been extremely constructive and I'm pretty sure would have helped BigAnt in a big way.

Yes, they have certainly improved the game a lot in the last week. Batting is pretty much flawless now.
I agree and when it comes to consoles they will be downloading the complete package.

DBC14 entirely removed the edges which was worse.

The game desperately needs edges because they add more than just the dismissal, they add tactics.

What we need is variety of edges: not every edge should be a dismissal or even a chance, we need ones that don't carry, ones that go to space, ones that fly for 4, ones that hit the body...

Bowleds and lbw are a bit too rare, no arguments from me there. But if there is a trade off between edges and bowleds (I am not saying there is, I gebuinely don't know) for me edges win every time.

Users who are viewing this thread