Steam update for DBC17 released

Nah mate. I had quoted gang_s' post. That wasn't for you.

All your posts have been extremely constructive and I'm pretty sure would have helped BigAnt in a big way.
Did my post feel rude? If so, I apologize. I definitely do not have anything against the Beta testes and/or BA, nor am I upset about this issue.

I am sure they'll figure it out. Heck, this is the team which added shots(lofted sweeps and advance ground) 1 year after release for DBC 14, so I trust them.

DBC14 entirely removed the edges which was worse.

The game desperately needs edges because they add more than just the dismissal, they add tactics.

What we need is variety of edges: not every edge should be a dismissal or even a chance, we need ones that don't carry, ones that go to space, ones that fly for 4, ones that hit the body...

Bowleds and lbw are a bit too rare, no arguments from me there. But if there is a trade off between edges and bowleds (I am not saying there is, I genuinely don't know) for me edges win every time.

There would be no logical reason to have a trade off, would there? I don't know the inner workings of the batting AI (I really wish I did), but I imagine the problem we are having at the moment is because AI footwork (or timing, or both) is slightly too precise. It is of course a fine line between having clean bowled through the gate and useless batsmen.

I have had loads of edges fly away for four (just in case you haven't yourself had that)

Now for the people who can take constructive criticism here's a score sheet from one my matches. Green Uneven Pitch.

View attachment 187595 View attachment 187596

Veteran Difficulty, this match I had set the bowling difficulty to medium.

So a bowling pitch, on a relatively easy bowling level, you dismiss the bowling side for 150-odd and you think the problem is too many edges???

I suppose you think Trent Bridge 2015 was a bug?

Did my post feel rude? If so, I apologize. I definitely do not have anything against the Beta testes and/or BA, nor am I upset about this issue.

I am sure they'll figure it out. Heck, this is the team which added shots(lofted sweeps and advance ground) 1 year after release for DBC 14, so I trust them.

Not at all. As I just said I think we only need to stay calm as they do their work.

Don't think we will eventually have to choose between Edges and LBW/Clean Bowleds. They will surely figure out a mid point where we can have both.

There would be no logical reason to have a trade off, would there? I don't know the inner workings of the batting AI (I really wish I did), but I imagine the problem we are having at the moment is because AI footwork (or timing, or both) is slightly too precise. It is of course a fine line between having clean bowled through the gate and useless batsmen.

Well - this is a guess: dbc14 had bowleds from the AI playing a mile away from the line of the ball and no edges. Dbc17 has edges but less bowleds.

Maybe the trade off in the AI is if they make a "mistake" they can either play close enough to edge it or to miss and be bowled?

Seriously? First of all that post was not directed towards you. Second, I have bought the game. Am a member of this forum. And I believe I have done enough for this forum and it's members over the years to not warrant such a reaction.

I don't care that you're a beta tester. But if that gives you the sense of entitlement, put it up your a**. Just because I'm not regular here these days doesn't mean I'm the newb you face thrice a day.

What I posted was my experience and was constructive IMO. Next time you respond to someone make sure you check the profile.

I literally couldn't care who you are how long you've been a member or if you're the pope.

It has taken us 3 years to get a game with a reasonable about of edges: you come along playing one innings on a green top and say there are too many. No there aren't.

@Langeveldt can you share your pitch map. Bowled are rare, but I do get one or two every match when i put out a couple of spells on the stumps especially the fuller ones and yorkers, you wont get smart bowled of good length ones, spin too gets you a good amount of bowleds with tailenders. LBW on the other hand are way too rare.

So a bowling pitch, on a relatively easy bowling level, you dismiss the bowling side for 150-odd and you think the problem is too many edges???

Thank god I didn't ask my Dad what that was all about!!! He's still getting over me being married to an English man and an Essex boy for that.

Being fair and watching youtube, England were bowling to a plan (they did have five slips) but yes would love to have this replicated in the game. Would love to have and face a bowler 'on it' again strategy.

But catches need to be taken.

Have you had an opportunity to bat a full innings in some matches @Langeveldt? Would like to know how many dismissals were edges if so...

Batting, yes I have done a bit. I've had quite a few edges.

I always think batting is more difficult to improve in this game because it is so heavily dependent on how good a player is. I try and find that fine line with the sliders where I get clean bowled and then everything becomes very difficult. It really is a fine line.

I noticed there were not quite as many million edges off the spinners.

@Langeveldt can you share your pitch map. Bowled are rare, but I do get one or two every match when i put out a couple of spells on the stumps especially the fuller ones and yorkers, you wont get smart bowled of good length ones, spin too gets you a good amount of bowleds with tailenders. LBW on the other hand are way too rare.

Again, which difficulty? (this is very important)

I can't share a pitch map from a whole week of bowling, but trust me, with about 2000 hours in DBC titles I was bowling to a plan and not dross. Inswing, away swing, over, around the wicket, full straight. I just couldn't get past the wall, (except for one occasion in a build on Wednesday I think)

I would really appreciate if you start reading the posts more carefully. As I had mentioned I played the next couple of test matches on the same veteran level on a Grassy Pristine Pitch with Bowling Difficulty set to Hardest.

I still bundled them up for around 150 or so. And why would you call a grassy pitch a bowling pitch for Spinners? Spinners picked up 6 wickets. Ball was turning from Over 15 and Batsmen coming down the track ever so often.

Stop being a mindless keyboard warrior.

Well - this is a guess: dbc14 had bowleds from the AI playing a mile away from the line of the ball and no edges. Dbc17 has edges but less bowleds.

Maybe the trade off in the AI is if they make a "mistake" they can either play close enough to edge it or to miss and be bowled?

I thought we got to the stage where there were edges AND bowled's in DBC 14, but then for some bizarre reason it got patched out?

I literally couldn't care who you are how long you've been a member or if you're the pope.

It has taken us 3 years to get a game with a reasonable about of edges: you come along playing one innings on a green top and say there are too many. No there aren't.
Allegedly, I have been here from 2008!!! But realistically just before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread