Steam update for DBC17 released

I would really appreciate if you start reading the posts more carefully. As I had mentioned I played the next couple of test matches on the same veteran level on a Grassy Pristine Pitch with Bowling Difficulty set to Hardest.

I still bundled them up for around 150 or so. And why would you call a grassy pitch a bowling pitch for Spinners? Spinners picked up 6 wickets. Ball was turning from Over 15 and Batsmen coming down the track ever so often.

Stop being a mindless keyboard warrior.

I only read worthwhile posts. If it seams it spins, as warney said.

I literally couldn't care who you are how long you've been a member or if you're the pope.

It has taken us 3 years to get a game with a reasonable about of edges: you come along playing one innings on a green top and say there are too many. No there aren't.

Thank you so much BigAnt for providing us with such a great game.

Still I will post what I have experienced. Whatever is best for the game. You may not like it. If BigAnt(the real one) wanted only your opinion they would of DM'ed you. Instead they have opened up this thread for everyone. There could be several reasons why your experience is different from mine. Stop acting like BigAnt. You are just one of the Beta Testers. Act like one.

Again, which difficulty? (this is very important)
mainly play in legend, but have bowled quite a bit on pro too. Its certainly less but do get one or two every match.

www.gifmaker.me-cool.gif

bowled.jpg

Thank god I didn't ask my Dad what that was all about!!! He's still getting over me being married to an English man and an Essex boy for that.

Being fair and watching youtube, England were bowling to a plan (they did have five slips) but yes would love to have this replicated in the game. Would love to have and face a bowler 'on it' again strategy.

But catches need to be taken.
That was a glorious day out.

Here's something for everyone to digest when talking about dismissals: Blogs: Analysing Test dismissals across the ages | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo

Personally, I much prefer to have edges. It'd be great to have an accurate balance of all dismissals across all formats in real life but in doing that you'd end up with a contrived game.

That was a glorious day out.

Here's something for everyone to digest when talking about dismissals: Blogs: Analysing Test dismissals across the ages | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo

Personally, I much prefer to have edges. It'd be great to have an accurate balance of all dismissals across all formats in real life but in doing that you'd end up with a contrived game.

Yeah interesting. I was wondering that. So I've had 2 bowled in let's say 60, and one of those was an unlucky drag on. So that's more like 3 and a bit percent.

I'm not sure even an accurate balance of dismissals is needed (I'm not that demanding of batting AI), but sometimes the feeling that you were going to beat the bat just hasn't been there at all. Granted that happens in real cricket, but yeah, bowleds are off.

I only read worthwhile posts. If it seams it spins, as warney said.

I don't think you read the posts where I mentioned it could just be because Ravi Ashwin is rated a lot higher than other Spinners.

I had the idea that if an issue is being mentioned testers try to recreate the scenarios where that issue would occur. Instead you're completely happy in your own bubble and feel that the game is perfect. No wonder the Gaming Industry(S/W Industry in general) uses Skilled testers instead of random users from a Forum. :facepalm

Yeah interesting. I was wondering that. So I've had 2 bowled in let's say 60, and one of those was an unlucky drag on. So that's more like 3 and a bit percent.

I'm not sure even an accurate balance of dismissals is needed (I'm not that demanding of batting AI), but sometimes the feeling that you were going to beat the bat just hasn't been there at all. Granted that happens in real cricket, but yeah, bowleds are off.

I think that is the beauty of bowling IRL as well. You don't get a wicket every ball, but the high you get from beating a batsman, with pace/movement/flight/spin is awesome.

I do agree, I have had fewer dismissals bowled, clean or dragged on, in the past couple of days. But things are changing day to day (apart from the AI field settings for T20 and ODI :wave) tomorrow might be the perfect build. There's been quite a dynamic lineup of changes in less than a week.

The biggest trade off for me is Enjoyment vs Realism. If I enjoy a good match against the AI then I don't really care how I get them out or how they get me out. That being said my biggest issues are about making the AI more competitive because, personally, the more difficult it is to win the more I enjoyable it is.

I completely rambled a bit there.

Game Mode: Online

Match Type: All formats

Issue: Mentioning several bugs that still remain in online mode

1.After game crash upon resuming, field set timer comes back on even if it is disabled in match setup
2. Batsmen running themselves out by attempting extra run that wasn't commanded
3.Fielders suddenly start running in the middle of the game despite being stable in the beginning.

Hello again,

So I played a couple of online matches again after the latest update and I have definitely seen a big difference as compared to what I saw on Monday. The game runs a lot smoother online than I felt on Monday. However few things are still there and I would really appreciate of something could be done about that as it ruins the whole fun when you are playing.

1) The field placements are still creating issues sometimes. It keeps on changing fields (even after I select for all) and sometimes it works just fine.
2) A big wide down leg side was not given a wide. This happened in last game as well. A clean bowled was not given out and a big wide down leg was not given a wide.
3) Close fielders keep throwing flighted throws. Instead of trying sharp direct hits, they are throwing the slow and lame flighted throws.
4) Again, no attempts by wicket keeper to dive and stop the ball (Wide, Bouncer and Inner Edge). The keeper doesn't even move which does not feel good. At least make the keeper try.
5) Batsman dances in circle after being dismissed (making rounds and rounds)

I am sure that you guys are already working on "Stats" as everyone has that similar issue. Other than that, I have seen a big improvement in the game quality. Will keep supporting you as always by purchasing your products on all platforms. You guys are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work. Cheers!

1. Can we now hear edges all the Time
  2. After a disconnect , will the Logo`s stay intact , as well as both players Pre-set fields , or will the sender of the save file be the only one with everything correct on his side .
  3. Is the Glitchyness surrounding the Batsmen around the crease area sorted (They would randomly set of on a run , either going all out with no means of cancelling them , or do a quick in out yes no manuevre.
  4. Is the Name Censored issue resolved , we have tried all "Solves" to no avail.
  5. The Agressive 3rd Man Guide Shot that changes into a reverse Agressive Sweep ? Has this been corrected , or is it there by design
  6. Can we actually now have the Fielders Slide and cut off boundaries , instead of going over the Rope , can fielders in the inner ring actually dive and stop balls a la DBC14 ?
These bugs r still there, I think big ant r working on it. Hope so.

Here`s hoping they nail these for Online , would be a real shame if they get left untouched.

It's seems a little tricky at the moment.

The beta tester GRP feels like more inclined towards "bowling in a cricket game'
(which is absolutely fine),
but then it obviously will neglect other areas of concern, like online , batting in diff modes etc.

Big ant must b having there own group of testing team , apart from the pc beta team.
Hope so.

It feels there's 2 much to improve and theres not much time left.

It's seems a little tricky at the moment.

The beta tester GRP feels like more inclined towards "bowling in a cricket game'
(which is absolutely fine),
but then it obviously will neglect other areas of concern, like online , batting in diff modes etc.

Big ant must b having there own group of testing team , apart from the pc beta team.
Hope so.

It feels there's 2 much to improve and theres not much time left.

Believe me we discuss more than bowling. If it seems bowling has had priority that's because I think it's been the area needing most work.

But we have talked loads about the AI when it bowls and fields; grkrama and TJ Hooker talk loads (and very knowledgeably) about batting. We've talked about UX & kit making.. It has been extensive

Users who are viewing this thread