Steam update for DBC17 released

The beta tester GRP feels like more inclined towards "bowling in a cricket game'

so what about when we were working with batting last time, in patch 3 ? This patch was more geared to the area that needs most addressing.
I and couple of others pretty much bang on about batting all the time.Even today the Procam issues have been pointed out and discussed.

I do agree, I have had fewer dismissals bowled, clean or dragged on, in the past couple of days. But things are changing day to day (apart from the AI field settings for T20 and ODI :wave) tomorrow might be the perfect build. There's been quite a dynamic lineup of changes in less than a week.

The biggest trade off for me is Enjoyment vs Realism. If I enjoy a good match against the AI then I don't really care how I get them out or how they get me out. That being said my biggest issues are about making the AI more competitive because, personally, the more difficult it is to win the more I enjoyable it is.

I completely rambled a bit there.

That's true, I like what you did there.

For me realism is enjoyment. I can't enjoy a tied test match of 56 all out all caught on the boundary for example, even if the match was close. But yes there are cricket players who just want Dhoni Dilskoop 6, 6, 6, 6 all the time and that's how they have fun. It's whoever BA wants to cater to at the end of the day.

One thing i noticed is that you get a good chance for bowled/lbw when there is a change in bowling. The first ball seems more dangerous.
It has happened 3 times i think, using an England team i downloaded, when i introduced Woakes after Broad and Anderson. It was a genuine
miss caused i think by the change of pace, and your bowler has 100 percent stamina.
All 3 times however i missed the stumps (not easy to quickly adapt to the new bowler).

so what about when we were working with batting last time, in patch 3 ?

I've said batting in diff modes..
in diff camera modes..
There's some real diff timing on each one of them.

May b it's not the priority at the moment.

That's true, I like what you did there.

For me realism is enjoyment. I can't enjoy a tied test match of 56 all out all caught on the boundary for example, even if the match was close. But yes there are cricket players who just want Dhoni Dilskoop 6, 6, 6, 6 all the time and that's how they have fun. It's whoever BA wants to cater to at the end of the day.
The great thing is there's room to play it how you want. You can make a team of 100 star players and put everything on amateur and increase the shot force so every ball races to the boundary. Or tirelessly tweak this or that like some of us do.

so what about when we were working with batting last time, in patch 3 ? This patch was more geared to the area that needs most addressing.
I and couple of others pretty much bang on about batting all the time.Even today the Procam issues have been pointed out and discussed.
Interesting..plz if u can share some points discussed on pro cam mode.

@chaman82 I personally play a lot in close cam, but have played quite a bit in PRO cam too, TJ hooker plays exclusively in PRO cam, and the issue of sight screen being small due to large FOV has been mentioned, and a FOV adjustment may help.I dont know if it will be resolved or is the priority now.

@chaman82 I personally play a lot in close cam, but have played quite a bit in PRO cam too, TJ hooker plays exclusively in PRO cam, and the issue of sight screen being small due to large FOV has been mentioned, and a FOV adjustment may help.I dont know if it will be resolved or is the priority now.

Pro cam n pro cam with no HUD r diff.

As a beta tester if u can push for that plz,
Yes it's down on the priority list but still.

Also the early timing issue .
repeating my requests as I feel may b this will last of the opportunities so..

IMG_7828.JPG

Meanwhile I'm pulling my hair out as Warner pummels me everywhere and is on the verge of batting me out of this test match.

He's playing perfectly to his mentality dispatching anything loose and looking to get after me.

He even had the cheek to nick it through 3rd slip region after I had removed him.

AI batting beautifully for me at the moment and getting some great dismissals.

I don't get where this AI run down the wicket all the time thing comes from? They haven't done it once in 100 second innings overs.

I got a battle on my hands.

Yes bowlers are rare but I did get one in first innings and two LBW in second.

Just to add, as this game has gone on... seamers have become less and less effective and the spinners have become more and more effective which is great.

Last edited:
View attachment 187615

Meanwhile I'm pulling my hair out as Warner pummels me everywhere and is on the verge of batting me out of this test match.

He's playing perfectly to his mentality dispatching anything loose and looking to get after me.

He even had the cheek to nick it through 3rd slip region after I had removed him.

AI batting beautifully for me at the moment and getting some great dismissals.

I don't get where this AI run down the wicket all the time thing comes from? They haven't done it once in 100 second innings overs.

I got a battle on my hands.

Yes bowlers are rare but I did get one in first innings and two LBW in second.
You go get 'em Wealers me lad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am using Semi Automatic Fielding. Yet to miss a catch though. :D
Yeah I am pitching for the catching system to have a slider so like the bowling length circle you can set your own prefered timing on it ....I want the circle to be there just for a couple of seconds and then gone....

Users who are viewing this thread