Steam update for DBC17 released

This might be an exaggeration. It's better than earlier builds and quite good in some areas but far from "above and beyond". There are many aspects where I'd still prefer DBC14. This is only my opinion.
You seem to be on pc so have the latest version. So just curious what aspects of 14 do you prefer?

Just to confirm that bowling difficulty does affect catching. It seems that the issue was either not starting a new competition or that difficulty needs to be set on both controller select screen as well as the gameplayer modifier slider menu.

Forgive the piss poor phone video (can't wait to get back to making proper videos on console!) but I wanted to share this example of the fun of bodyline bowling after this patch...

As with real bodyline there's big spaces in the field so inaccurate bowling is punished but get it right and they're in trouble!

I have had this a couple times, but i think its due to that screwed up creators update Microsoft pushed. other than that other times i have played long without issues
I've played several games without issue, it's always DB that is what's being played when I get the crashes. The only difference is I use keyboard and mouse for everything else.

I think I figured it out. I unplugged the Xbox controller from the USB port, uninstalled the drivers and then plugged it back. Played for a few hours without an issue.

Last edited:
How do you play this game in keyboard? I know how to play DBC14 in keyboard but how it is possible in this game?

Looks like pc final built is done!! Wonder how long we poor ps4 dudes must wait.

Anyways wonderful work BA team and beta testers

oh yes but there isnt a way? bcoz there must be way for everything:)

Nope, maybe he forgot to add a few zeros at the end of that "10"
Obviously no idea what level he is playing on. I do think the most likely way of getting a bowled wicket is to bowl very full. All the same, I'm finding it really difficult to get one bowled decision in any innings. 5 out of 10 looks very unlikely to be a common occurrence.

South Africa steal defeat from the jaws of victory. With a substantial 115 run lead, going into the second innings, it was South Africa's game to lose...and lose they did, big time. Playing as SA (on Veteran) I thought I had this one sown up at the halfway stage...how wrong I was. I saw plenty of bat-pad drives in India's first innings but they were against pace and I didn't have anyone close on the on side. In the second innings, desperate for wickets, I stationed Amla at Silly Mid On, hoping to cheese my way to victory...but only one chance came my way, the entire innings, from a bat-pad (against spin, nothing against pace)...and I dropped it. Thoroughly enjoying playing Test cricket in casual mode (never really did this in DBC14)...I just need to find a way to win.

Match Summary:
3j93nev.jpg

SA First Innings. I thought at the time it was a little short as the tail collapsed but great batting from Elgar after a slow start:

LjolQ4w.jpg

India's bowling:

YPHypAj.jpg

Poor show from India made me re-evaluate my first innings score as being better than I'd first thought. A win on the cards for sure as India struggled with Morkel's pace:

y5X0gBQ.jpg

SA bowling. A little wayward at times but effective enough.

jAntRl4.jpg

SA get off to a flier in the second innings despite the early loss of Cook. Going at 6 an over for a time...then it all went wrong as the Indian spinners demolish the SA batting lineup.

yz2jGBd.jpg

Still with the first innings lead in the bank, I just needed to bowl out India for a similar score to their first innings. How hard could that be? Turns out, very hard. By the time the first wicket fell, with the unfortunate Rahul having his stumps sent flying on 99, it was all too late.

ee4Ko2S.jpg

Bowling ineffective on, what turned out to be, a good batting surface.

ouKlHOB.jpg

oh i love this game....sure I had my man....he reviewed.....

Nigeria set a tasty 126 to get in one session.....nice generous declaration from the Danes: lets see what Nigeria can do!

20170519145413_1.jpg

This is my field: tempting the drive: give this 10 or 12 overs and then perhaps we will have to shut up shop and park the bus!!

20170519144745_1.jpg

oh i love this game....sure I had my man....he reviewed.....

Nigeria set a tasty 126 to get in one session.....nice generous declaration from the Danes: lets see what Nigeria can do!

View attachment 188899

This is my field: tempting the drive: give this 10 or 12 overs and then perhaps we will have to shut up shop and park the bus!!

View attachment 188900

Set a leg gully and give them some chin music

Users who are viewing this thread