Steam update for DBC17 released

Variety in Bowling is one. I quite liked the Early/Late releases to adjust my length while bowling in DBC14. Another is drift while bowling spin, I have not seen any drift with the current spin mechanics. Throwing at the stumps/bowler was also nice IMO, don't know why they changed it. Also the bugs related to field changes sometimes really get on my nerves.
again I don't have apc so cant compair things like length control. But pre patch agree not alot of variation but you change it with the heavy buttons after already selecting a length but not as great as a control as in 14 agreed.

The fields not sticking issue seems to be being addressed here by the testers so hopefully is addressed. But you did say only sometimes annoys you.

Again cant comment on drift or throws at stumps but if those are your main bug bares I stand by comment on db17 seemingly being the amazing game that it had the potential to be.

The comment of above and beyond is warranted I feel as 3 patches came out in relative short time and although this one took a while it had to for them to cover the amazing amount that they have IMO

Two issues that have become apparent while playing a few test matches.

1. Pitch and bat visuals reset every time you go back to a save. Had a pitch with a few areas of rough appearing at the end of Day One and when I came back to the game on Day Two after saving the pitch looked as it did at the toss and two batsman who had pock-marked bats the previous evening had clean ones.

2. Striker/non-striker still swapping on stumpings although the stumping this happened on was actually given.

Fired up DBC 17 after an intense semester and I get to bowl this amazing outswinger, only for it to not bounce as much. What a beauty this game is!

Full View

Closeup

Side View

again I don't have apc so cant compair things like length control. But pre patch agree not alot of variation but you change it with the heavy buttons after already selecting a length but not as great as a control as in 14 agreed.

The fields not sticking issue seems to be being addressed here by the testers so hopefully is addressed. But you did say only sometimes annoys you.

Again cant comment on drift or throws at stumps but if those are your main bug bares I stand by comment on db17 seemingly being the amazing game that it had the potential to be.

The comment of above and beyond is warranted I feel as 3 patches came out in relative short time and although this one took a while it had to for them to cover the amazing amount that they have IMO
Hey, I respect your opinion. Length and drift are game design choices rather than bugs, so they are not a huge deal. The fielding bug resurfaces almost once or twice every match for me, but far less than earlier. This bug is unacceptable to me; if I set a field it should at least stick for that over.

But yes, the game is in a much better shape now, and I am having fun now, which honestly I could not in the last few months.

That's an excellent dismissal. Nice to see spinner hitting the stumps.

I had one yesterday, offspinning yorker, piched just outside off and hit base of stump.

Last edited:
I've played several games without issue, it's always DB that is what's being played when I get the crashes. The only difference is I use keyboard and mouse for everything else.

I think I figured it out. I unplugged the Xbox controller from the USB port, uninstalled the drivers and then plugged it back. Played for a few hours without an issue.
My PC is now crashing within ten minutes of playing a match, so until that's sorted the game is pretty much rendered unplayable for me.

Do sony/microsoft release patches on weekend?

My PC is now crashing within ten minutes of playing a match, so until that's sorted the game is pretty much rendered unplayable for me.

Tried playing any other games? Is it only DBC that causes blue screen?

--

Also something funny I just noticed. I was wondering why my Bangladesh vs New Zealand videos had around double the views I normally get from posting on here and I realised it must be from people looking for highlights of the actual match! :lol

Hope they weren't too disappointed. :p

Last edited:
Hey Guys I'm unable to play any defensive shots
when i press R2 plays just a normal shots
I'm on patch 3 Ps4 is this a bug?

Tried playing any other games? Is it only DBC that causes blue screen?

--

Also something funny I just noticed. I was wondering why my Bangladesh vs New Zealand videos had around double the views I normally get from posting on here and I realised it must be from people looking for highlights of the actual match! :lol

Hope they weren't too disappointed. :p
I had it happen when I first got the PC (January this year). Tech people from where I bought suggested I try other games, they all worked with no issue. Then I had about two months where it didn't happen with DBC and it just started again this past week. I'm gonna try another game if I have time today. It doesn't seem anyone else is having similar issues so I don't want to blame the game but also my PC can run Doom or GTA V with no problem, it's where DBC and my PC meet that there seems to be an issue.

Two issues that have become apparent while playing a few test matches.

1. Pitch and bat visuals reset every time you go back to a save. Had a pitch with a few areas of rough appearing at the end of Day One and when I came back to the game on Day Two after saving the pitch looked as it did at the toss and two batsman who had pock-marked bats the previous evening had clean ones.

2. Striker/non-striker still swapping on stumpings although the stumping this happened on was actually given.

Well if they have not , why not fix these two long time known bugs , thats been in the Code since DBC14 .

If its too late , lets hope the Patch pops up early next week , and the final touches can later be brought out on Patch 5 .. ?

Working on the silence and some comments from the Beta Testers , I can guess that the Patch has been submitted , but that BA dont want to announce that , seeing that the passing of the Patch by the Console owners is out of their hands , and we can even have the situation where its failed and have to be re-worked and re-submitted.

Hence the silence.

Well if they have not , why not fix these two long time known bugs , thats been in the Code since DBC14 .

If its too late , lets hope the Patch pops up early next week , and the final touches can later be brought out on Patch 5 .. ?

Working on the silence and some comments from the Beta Testers , I can guess that the Patch has been submitted , but that BA dont want to announce that , seeing that the passing of the Patch by the Console owners is out of their hands , and we can even have the situation where its failed and have to be re-worked and re-submitted.

Hence the silence.

Sounds plausible, I guess we'll hear if that's the case or not. Would make sense to have those two things looked at if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread