Stephen Fleming Announces Retirement

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn shame, gonna miss those bushy eyebrows. Was a great captain, wasn't a superb batsman but will be put up there with Martin Crowe. Great player, great ODI opener in his prime.

irottev

School Cricketer
He's a great captain. That circumstance where he declared on 274* and not going for the triple century really shows what a team player he was.

I'll miss him heaps. 3 more games, I hope he does well! He deserves it. It should hopefully motivate the team to play well. One last test win and even an upset series win vs England would i'm sure be a great way for him to end it.

Best captain NZ has had and one of the best in the world ever. No doubt.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One of my favourite player and captain :) a great human being too, will miss him very much :(

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Everybody have to go one day!his day came!
He is good player and only captain of NZ i knw(except daniel)..
God bless him!

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya.and thats why he got out for duck in match against Aus.He is disappointed.Anyway these cricketer have bright future ahead of them so no worries.They won't do coaching or commentary for small amount of money.They gonna play in IPL..:clap

mahatmacoat

School Cricketer
I dont rate him. Probably too nice a guy to be an effective captain. No doubt one of his fans will post some stats showing his win percentage.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Too nice to be an effect captain? He's been tactically the best captain of the last ten years or so. It might not show in his results, but on pure captaincy he is a lot better than the likes of others that have been around. You're clearly just underrating him because he captained an outfit that for a majority of his reign were a poor test side.

mahatmacoat

School Cricketer
Too nice to be an effect captain? He's been tactically the best captain of the last ten years or so. It might not show in his results, but on pure captaincy he is a lot better than the likes of others that have been around. You're clearly just underrating him because he captained an outfit that for a majority of his reign were a poor test side.

Give us his wins per game ratio!!!

Animator!

School Cricketer
Because he didn't win games doesn't mean he wasn't a brilliant captain.
Ponting isn't an especially good captain, but he gets away with it alot because he is in charge of such a magnificent side. Steven Fleming was an absolutely sensational captain, held back by the fact he comes from a country with a small population without a great love of cricket, which inevitably means that the standard they produce will be quite low.

Users who are viewing this thread