stevie's thoughts

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I'm seriously annoyed at how easy this is. I've played 3 games, all on test and scored at a minimum of 15 an over. Codemasters, you need to help us make this harder, because at the moment it's a joke.

I know exactly how you feel Stevie. I feel completley ripped off at the moment.

Doesn't sound good at all :(
Still looking forward to getting it tomorrow though

Sorry to try and put you off Cowburn, but after the initial 5 minutes of playing it you will be gutted at the loss of ?40 for a game you already bought in 2005.

evertonfan said:
Sorry to try and put you off Cowburn, but after the initial 5 minutes of playing it you will be gutted at the loss of ?40 for a game you already bought in 2005.
I didn't buy BLIC 2005 :p And I paid ?17.99 :p

Just started a test match to see what it's like. The AI is 13-0 after 1 over with every ball being on a good line and length. Attacking shot played to each ball, no defensive strokes, no leaves. I'll report back if this changes...

Will_NA said:
won't hold my breath

Or am I.

How does this sound, 2nd ball of the 2nd over, Hayden plays a fine cut to a ball on a good line and is short of a length. If it wasn't for my slip fielder, it would've been 4.

It's crazy how quick the AI score now! Hope codemasters will realise a patch are something slow the AI down a bit and make it harder to score runs!

Look, no-one should be suprised by this.
The reason for spending your money is online play; forget dodgy AI.

barmyarmy said:
Look, no-one should be suprised by this.
The reason for spending your money is online play; forget dodgy AI.

Not the point, not everyone will want to play online all the time. Not being able to save test matches online annoys me, given I much prefer playing test matches over ODI's. I know it's the official game of the world cup and all that, but come on!!

Autoplay is just awful (used it a couple of times to see how realistic it is).
Batting is too easy (online too).
AI is too agressive. I'm yet to see a defensive shot in any match I've played.
Field settings are crap (the same as 2007 from what I've seen so far).

Wasted potential at the moment for me and I can't see it changing.

EDIT: Just to add that batsman confidence does still go down if you leave the ball.

And here is the potential of the game.

I just tried flicking a ball to leg that I really shouldn't have and got caught at gully. The defensive push works better than the last game in my opinion too.

Last edited:
I've had lots of fun so far. Me (England) lost the Champs Trophy final to Sri Lanka. Diabolical Freddie!

i played the ICC Champions Trophy.. Pak vs Sri and Pakistan hit 409-7 after autoplaying it (faisal iqbal hitting 210 :O) .. i was like WTF.. i havent played it that much.. will play abit more tonight !!

Right, my first test match on test level is going like this.

Australia 436 all out from 57 overs (autoplayed to test how realistic it was )
Symonds 153 from 84 balls.

I am currently 140-3 from 18.2 overs.
"Pietersen" 68* from 44
"Flintoff" 30* from 22

I've not really had to try hard for runs, just smashing the bad balls and working the rest for ones and twos.

+ points:
+ Using the defensive button and working the ball into gaps is very, very good
+ Sweep shots are good
+ AI seam bowlers rarely bowl slower balls
+ Spinners don't try to bowl too many variations this time. By this I mean, a googly one ball, then the straight one etc.
+ Trying to flick a ball to leg that isn't there to be could well result in you getting out

- AI (batting) plays like it does in the ODI side of the game
- AI field changes are poor
- AI bowling is too leg sided. Pretty easy to pick them off through the leg side without moving around in the crease.
- Autoplay is useless for those that will look to use it. I think 436 from 57 overs says it all
- Whilst there is a custom field option, the default fields look to be same as BLIC 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread