stevie's thoughts

In my first 50 over game on test difficulty, KP hit 180 and I scored 412 off 43 overs before being bowled out.
So yes, the batting is too easy! :p

Im still not sure if i will purchase this game was going to this weekend but after reading these comments it has put me off. Although i did download the demo and found that when batting with the bowling marker turned of made it more challenging.

Yep, I have been playing the game all day, and I have to agree with Stevie. But I have had some fun today batting with the bowling aimers both off, and not shuffling in the crease pre-delivery (thus I have to react to play, instead of playing pre-meditated shots everytime).

And the autoplay, yes, I keep getting crazy scores as well. This was a feature I intended to use a lot.

it does appear to be aimed at casual gamers more than people who actually want to play properly but i'd take it over c2k7 anyday

But you see thats my problem with this....why is it so important for Codemasters to keep making these pick up and play type cricket games and dont focus more on fans of the game as it really is. Cricket is a really complex game, and by releasing stuff like this just isnt a true reflection of the sport at all and its a real disgrace. Why cant there be something like a middle ground between Cricket 2007 and BLC07? EA's games are stupidly difficult while Codies get boring in a few days because its so damn easy.....bugs aside I really hope a patch can sharpen up the AI cozz from what i hear the field settings and difficulty of the AI are even worse than last time around.

Well, not a lot of people can afford to give hours of time to gaming. They need a quick, easy, and fun way, and this is perfect.

Well its not perfect if majority of the ppl on this forum think the game is too easy. If a game isnt a challenege it has no longevity thats the long and the short of it so I dont know why codies couldnt just make something more challenging.

Pak_cricketer said:
Well, not a lot of people can afford to give hours of time to gaming. They need a quick, easy, and fun way, and this is perfect.

I can totally understand why they've made it the way they have, but they need more difficulty levels for those of us who will spend hours and hours playing it.

lol if you need any more evidence that it's aimed at casual games you just have to read them explaining what a duck is on one of the loading screens!

Spare a thought for me I ran out like a ****** and bought it for ?45 on 360 and Im getting another one from Play..........but I'm selling that to my brother for ?30 :p

Anyway stevie this occured on one of your earlier posts.......you cant save online?

wtf man I was facing a dude online and my score was 45-0 batting first and I had to go and could not save....I thought the save feature was online to.....if not then thats just ruined the game more than it already is, because at least online was some sort of a scape goat!

I still don't have the game but what about Chamipons trophy & WC 07?? is that not any fun?

Hmm..I'm starting to think I should wait till the next release. I didn't buy C2K5 but bought C2K7 and hence was half as disappointed as others :p

batting is too easy ??? Should we use only normal shots and aviod slogging to score realisticlly. Does normal shots and defensive shots works well ?

From the demo, it was not so bad. I don't want to try EA cricket again. I hoped BLIC would be good enough. I am :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread