Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

It's been a while since I've played Cricket '19, but being quarantined over the holiday I figured I'd have plenty of time on my hands.

Decided to relive the '05 Ashes and try to recreate England's historic victory... to be honest, hasn't gotten off to a great start! Down 2-0 to the Aussies through the first two tests.

First test at Lord's on a dusty, soft pitch with a lot of rain. It rained every day, and each day did see reduced overs in some way as a result. I was actually surprised at how long the game lets you play in the rain before calling a delay. I probably played half of the match in a downpour.

Anyways, Australia end up taking the first test by 79 runs after an 8 wicket haul by Warne in the first innings and a well-deserved 377 second innings batting effort led by Matt Hayden's 147 (212).

EpzLpQlW4AE8IY9

I was surprised at the frequency of AI run outs in the second innings. Haven't seen this playing tests in the past so I'm guessing it's just a one-off but something to watch moving forward.

EpzLw5tWwAEHVF2

Will post the results from the second test momentarily!

Much improved batting performance in the first innings, but absolutely fell apart in the second as Australia win by 8 wickets. I'm having a tough time controlling their "in" batsmen as well who seem to score very freely at a high strike rate. Any help would be appreciated!

Lots to work on if England want to come back and reclaim the Ashes down 2-0. Vaughn with an average of 33.75 just won't cut it in this series. Matthew Hayden and Shane Warne have been by far the best players in the series. Hayden with 423 runs through two tests at an average of 141 and high score of 188. Warne has taken 22 wickets with a strike rate of 24.18.

EpzOW7CW8AU4Pmr

EpzOXI9W8AAT4yK

I'll start posting updates after each session or day moving forward!

Start of the third test at Old Trafford and England win the toss on a standard, dry pitch with heavy cracks. We decide to have a bat after about an hour of rain delay, the sun has come out and has been the brightest since the start of the tour.

Trescothick and Strauss get off to a strong start with a 50+ run partnership before Strauss gets caught edging one behind from Brett Lee. The batting was much slower than has been in previous matches, but England get a few batters dug in which hasn't happened yet this tour.

Towards the end of Day 1, Matthew Hoggard comes in as the night watchmen and lasts through mid-morning on Day 2 - after the weather delays the start of the day yet again for an hour. A well-played 22 (33) will set up England quite nicely for a partnership to build between K.P. and Freddy Flintoff.

Warne has been found out on this dry pitch, as the ball is not spinning like it had in the first two matches. Brett Lee's pace has caught three of the England batsmen on the back foot as he has been Australia's leading bowler thus far in the match.

Through 90 overs, we're just after the lunch break on Day 2 with England 230-5.

Ep1_GZBWMAAGtQU

Ep1_GmDXEAAWtTy

I only went an won the bloody match!

View attachment 241138

View attachment 241139

An absolute compitulation from the Aussies in the 2nd innings. I had given myself absolutely no chance of defending 61.
Holy s*** I’ve never seen anything like it for this game, normally a low score for the AI is still around the 150 mark, so that it some effort and a complete contrast to my current effort, defending 340 on a green pitch and South Africa are 180 for 0 :/

It's been a while since I've played Cricket '19, but being quarantined over the holiday I figured I'd have plenty of time on my hands.

Decided to relive the '05 Ashes and try to recreate England's historic victory... to be honest, hasn't gotten off to a great start! Down 2-0 to the Aussies through the first two tests.

First test at Lord's on a dusty, soft pitch with a lot of rain. It rained every day, and each day did see reduced overs in some way as a result. I was actually surprised at how long the game lets you play in the rain before calling a delay. I probably played half of the match in a downpour.

Anyways, Australia end up taking the first test by 79 runs after an 8 wicket haul by Warne in the first innings and a well-deserved 377 second innings batting effort led by Matt Hayden's 147 (212).

EpzLpQlW4AE8IY9

I was surprised at the frequency of AI run outs in the second innings. Haven't seen this playing tests in the past so I'm guessing it's just a one-off but something to watch moving forward.

EpzLw5tWwAEHVF2

Will post the results from the second test momentarily!
Love this! I’m currently replaying the England South Africa tour from 2008, lockdown has got everyone nostalgic I think

Malcolm, Hemmings, Small and Tuffers. Should be good :lol

actually forgot it was Malcolm and Small, that’s not too bad. I thought it was Lewis and Defraitas.[DOUBLEPOST=1608724249][/DOUBLEPOST]In my NZ tour my 4 seamers were Defraitas, Lewis, Pringle and Reeve with Tuffers spin.

South Africa tour of England 2008

It’s been a while, but here it is, the match report from the 2nd ODI at Old Trafford.

Kevin Pietersen won the toss and elected to have a bowl. Dimitri Mascarenhas was left out and in his place Sussex all rounder Luke Wright.

Ryan Sidebottom struck twice early on and it was looking like a good decision to put the South Africans in. Jacques Kallis added some stability, but it wasn’t to last too long and as wickets fell around him the Proteas found themselves 127 for 5.

At 6 down Johan Botha joined Albie Morkel at the crease and the pair added some well needed impetus, helping South Africa surpass the 200 mark.

With still plenty of work to do in order to post a competitive score Andrew Flintoff got his 3rd of the innings and dismissed Morkel for a well played 57 from 46 balls.

Dale Steyn was next in though and also had a bit of fun, swinging hard and helping his side up to 281 for 8 from their 50 overs, making 24* from just 14 balls in the process.

With England 1 down in the 3 match series and needing a win to keep the series alive, they would have been hoping that at 127 for 5 they would have been chasing something around the 200 mark, but it was not to be and their batsmen would now have to step up to the challenge.

England’s reply to follow....

7726F441-60D9-4EC6-8B03-A0817AB69F4C.jpeg 2A68505A-4C39-48A2-9BA3-B8D5C907914F.jpeg

End of Day 2 at Old Trafford and it's beginning to look like the third test may end in a draw.

England bat for nearly two full days of play after losing around a session to rain. A 347 from 124 overs led by half centuries from Marcus Trescothick and Michael Vaughn. Brett Lee leads the bowling attack with a 5-77 but Shane Warne picked up another 4 wickets for the series.

Australia have gotten off to a flying start to their innings. 69-1 off of just 16 overs. They continue to be haunted by poor running between the wickets - Justin Langer gets himself run out trying to push a clear two for a third.

Will be interesting to see how long Australia are able to bat for in this first innings. If they can last well into Day 4, you have to think the draw is the most likely scenario.

Ep_pXuKXYAEQfeF

Ep_pYIUW4AEkKgL

Ep_pX7JXEAAEggV

Ep_q92NXMAA_Zrm

Ep_pYV1W8AA_a4-

Users who are viewing this thread