Build Street Cricket Simulator - Stadium, Player and Team Creator Out!

To be used when developing an addon/patch/app etc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update
  1. Completed working on displaying stats (Top 5 run scorer, Top 5 wicket taker, Most Sixes) for individual tournament.
Next Up
  1. Click on team name in the tournament and see all stats for that team for that tournament.

1692285597154.png

Update

No UI update so nothing to screen share but have made significant progress on the simulation engine for T10 and T20 matches.

Added player type, player rating, player skill on team creation for team creation.

Simulation logic so far is based on
  • Batsman Rating
  • Bowling Rating
  • Pitch Conditions (Grass, Dry, Hard, Dusty, Damp)
  • Player tiredness
  • Build innings based on overs and number of wickets.
I am super excited as this will fast track me adding T10 and T20 version. All other developed feature should work out of the box from stats to tournaments.

Added in some more logic. So in the end for T10 and above, the following is the logic implemented till now

Player Ratings: Each player has a base rating. Higher-rated batsmen are more likely to score, while higher-rated bowlers are more likely to take wickets.

Pitch Type: The type of pitch (e.g., green, dusty) can influence the outcome, favoring either the batsman or the bowler.

Batting & Bowling Styles: Players have specific styles (e.g., aggressive batsman, fast bowler). These styles influence the likely outcomes.

Hand Advantage: If a batsman and bowler have different dominant hands, the batsman might get a slight advantage.

Fatigue: The longer a batsman is at the crease, the more tired they become, which can impact their performance.

Stage of Innings: At different stages of the innings (start, middle, end), players might play more defensively or aggressively, affecting the outcome probabilities.

Based on these factors, the function determines the outcome of the ball, which could range from dot balls to boundaries or even a wicket.

Update
  • Simulation engine for T20 and T10 is complete.
Next Up
  • Add the UI up so I can start testing
  • Testing the heck and see how players behave under different conditions and be satisfied.
  • Share them here.

@Till Valhalla @Na Maloom Afraad @pillowprocter @Pinch hitter @asprin mind if I tag you to provide feedback on match results?

@Till Valhalla @Na Maloom Afraad @pillowprocter @Pinch hitter @asprin mind if I tag you to provide feedback on match results?
I don't mind the tags but as Namita would say, "it's not my field of expertise", so don't think I would add much value. The others that you've tagged are 100x more suitable to aptly guide you on the results. Happy to keep tabs from the shadows though.

Update
  • Simulation engine for T20 and T10 is complete.
Next Up
  • Add the UI up so I can start testing
  • Testing the heck and see how players behave under different conditions and be satisfied.
  • Share them here.

Eh I've only been using cricket simulators for a few months so don't know how helpful I'll be. Interested in how your sim develops tho, so I'll try and give constructive feedback

Eh I've only been using cricket simulators for a few months so don't know how helpful I'll be. Interested in how your sim develops tho, so I'll try and give constructive feedback
I don't mind the tags but as Namita would say, "it's not my field of expertise", so don't think I would add much value. The others that you've tagged are 100x more suitable to aptly guide you on the results. Happy to keep tabs from the shadows though.

Just need cricketing brains which you all have. Judging on pitch type and I ll share my ratings, is this a realistic score kind of!

Please @WutUpMahGlipGlops I have a special request for the T20 / 50 over sim in terms of simulation. I think it would make your sim the best on PC.

I know you have already made the simulation engine, but I'd like a sim that has separate rating for both Strike Rate and Average in batting, and Economy and Average in bowling.

I even have an idea about how you can repurpose the algorithm:

Before a ball, first compare batting average to bowling average to see if the batsmen gets out or not.

If not out, compare strike rate to economy rate to see how many runs are scored off the ball.

You can use this or anything else, don't really have any idea about the best way to integrate it.

Just need cricketing brains which you all have. Judging on pitch type and I ll share my ratings, is this a realistic score kind of!
I am happy to give feedback. But my cricketing brain is like way below everyone else though most probably my comments would be on different results of the game.
I would tag @Neptune @Paranoid Kendroid and if they have time these twos feedback will be valuable too @VC the slogger @Aislabie .

Update
  1. Added in UI to show the simulation.
  2. This is 50% complete.
Up next
  1. Show wicket type instead of just out
  2. Add commentary
  3. Since now its T20 with 11 players, change the UI a little to make it look better.
  4. Add stats (Graphs, Partnership, etc).
  5. Save stats like before to the file.
  6. Add in tournament integration.
So.... I just simmed a T20 game... :spy.. Isnt the sim already the best???? :p

Los

1692384213754.png

Update
  1. Added in UI to show the simulation.
  2. This is 50% complete.
Up next
  1. Show wicket type instead of just out
  2. Add commentary
  3. Since now its T20 with 11 players, change the UI a little to make it look better.
  4. Add stats (Graphs, Partnership, etc).
  5. Save stats like before to the file.
  6. Add in tournament integration.
So.... I just simmed a T20 game... :spy.. Isnt the sim already the best???? :p

Los

View attachment 282515
Looks like bowler selection needs a bit fine tuning. Plus Boo Gill

Looks like bowler selection needs a bit fine tuning. Plus Boo Gill
I agree some quick observation I had was
  1. Fine tune chasing a little bit.
  2. Bowling order selection logic.
  3. Wicket probabibilty
  4. Babar Azam is way too powerful!