Stuart MacGill Vs. Monty Panesar

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Me and Chimp132 were having a debate on who is the better spinner...May you decide!

I beleive Stuey is with 198 wickets in only 40 Tests...but he thinks otherwise!

Stuart MacGill
Monty Panesar
:boxing​

One's a leg spinner and the other's a slow left armer. Similarly, one's an experienced player and one is still finding his feet in the game. You can't have a fair comparison to be honest.

Yeah, but he's the one who is saying that Monty is already a better bowler...But MacGilla is a legend.

If Stuart MacGill played for any other test nation he would be in the team no worries so i would have to say MacGill is better.

Well, at the moment it is obviously MacGill. He has bowled against some top notch opposition and succeeded. I don't agree that a leg spinner can't be compared to a slow left armer, but I agree its too early for Monty to be compared to MacGill. Maybe in a year, but not yet IMO.

Definitely MacGill because he has taken alot of wickets in the limited amount of matches he has played.

No need for worry angy...Ill follow that request :boxing

A 100% fair comparison......

Obviously MacGill is the better player, but you can hardly compare them can you?

What exactly of them is comparable? They both spin the ball, erm, anymore?

Sureshot said:
A 100% fair comparison......

Obviously MacGill is the better player, but you can hardly compare them can you?

What exactly of them is comparable? They both spin the ball, erm, anymore?

They both have the letter 'a' in their name? :p

I believe MacGill's record does speak for itself. 198 wickets in 40 tests, which, by the way, isn't over 5 wickets a match, is a magnificent effort in any era of the game. But, take into consideration that pitches today are more placid/ batsman-friendly and legspinners are relied on more to take effect.
However, take nothing away from his performances. He would be the first name on the team sheet in any other side.

I believe that it is way too early to compare Monty with anyone else. That is why he is described as having potential as he hasn't mastered his own game yet. Wait a few years and then start making comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread