Stuart MacGill Vs. Monty Panesar

irottev said:
Can't really compare. But if you compare just the records, well, I think that is pretty comprehensive. Monty has some catching up to do ;)

I had no idea you'd side with Vettori :p

What has vettori got anything to do with this?

This is odd everyones saying Stuey has a better record, of course he has he's played more than Monty duh!!!

lol that is very very true...how many tests has monty played now?

He's played against the world's 3 best sub-continental teams and is still learning his trade

A_Whitey said:
13. Taken 42 wickets @ 33.71.

Not bad at all especially with some of the opposition he has been against.

Agreed Monty has had to bowl against the 3 big subcontinent teams + Australia who are all the best players against spin. Also agree with others who say that it's still far too premature to call who is better, one is about 10 years older than the other and he's played many more games than the other. Once Monty plays for another 3-4 years than it will be feasible to compare him with MacGill and really with any other spin bowler.

You never really hear much about MacGill...because i warne i guess. Does that mean Macgill is featuring a lot more in the Aus team now?

wel for a year or two i would guess because he must be getting old now. Monty isnt as good as macgil YET but he will be alot better then him in a few years time, just look at his performances during the test matches he has played.
42 wickets from 13 test matches is excelent, but even better when the wickets were against the most powerful teams around.

can someone find out Macgils amount of wickets and matches and average when he had only played 13 test matches

Chimp132 said:
can someone find out Macgils amount of wickets and matches and average when he had only played 13 test matches
Matches after 13 matches? :P

Click here

62 wickets at 23.03 per wicket and a strike rate of 47.3 balls. Played South Africa, England, Pakistan and West Indies.

sd92 said:
How old is MacGill??
He's 36 and a bit more than a month.

Matches after 13 matches? :P

Click here

62 wickets at 23.03 per wicket and a strike rate of 47.3 balls. Played South Africa, England, Pakistan and West Indies.
My goodness! Thats astonishing! Monty only has 40 wickets, and MacGilla had 63!

Users who are viewing this thread