Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I just can’t help it, it’s a sickness. My other half even commented on it the other day, she said, you spend more time dressing these men than you do playing the game haha
I think that's a sign of just how good the academy is to be honest. The fact that you can lose yourself in it. For many years I had the same problem with the data editor in Football Manager.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I think that's a sign of just how good the academy is to be honest. The fact that you can lose yourself in it. For many years I had the same problem with the data editor in Football Manager.
Definitely and it only bothers me if something isn’t right when I can make it right, so with older games where you couldn’t edit, wasn’t a problem, just accepted it and played the game, perhaps a simpler time now I think about it haha but now, I spend days getting the teams ready for a series. And ‘dressing’ them isn’t even my worst trait, i even alter their stats so that they are correct as of the time that match happened, think I need help haha

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Always love the longer format so would be great if you had footwork movement for leaves and defensive game have a role to play.. Adds more realism and looks good visually as well..

If I remember right DBC 14 had defense and leave where footwork was in play.. Couldnt understand why that wasnt carried on to the next versions.. Some stuff were just gold in that game..

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Varied intensity of appeals based on how long you hold the appeal button down for.

Also, if you're appealing too frequently the umpires shouldn't give wickets as easy for some LBWs. If it's gonna be umpire's call it should be against the over-appealing team.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Varied intensity of appeals based on how long you hold the appeal button down for.

Also, if you're appealing too frequently the umpires shouldn't give wickets as easy for some LBWs. If it's gonna be umpire's call it should be against the over-appealing team.

But. I'd never get a wicket :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

don't know if it was actually in it, but certainly Ross flagged that as being so in DBC14

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Me holding down the stick is the highlight of my bowling when I’m being carted around the park at 300-2 by Namibia

SHELLDOWN

School Cricketer
I really think career mode could've been better e.g should've have more cut seens better commentators with more speaches and a variety of commenters ,better information on teams before u sign contracts , better info on leagues before join them and we should be able to draft other players to your team roster in domestic leagues we should've been able to edit their stats and abilities. Career mode should've had a locker room view before matches and a office view for contracts . Better ball tracking and also before and after matxh interviews

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
AI's batting especially in T20s needs to improve in my opinion and that is based upon trying different modifier settings and difficulty settings. Its better than last 3 editions but, still not upto the level a game of this quality should be especially in white ball cricket. AI struggles to find the moments to accelerate after power play in T20s and that is one of the reasons other than 1 or 2 outliers I havent seen AI chasing anything around 170, same is generally the case while setting up a target. AI's batting in last 5-7 overs is ordinary and it looks like as a default AI targets around 150 in an situation on any surface unless you put in a lot of poor balls. In short, the way AI bats feels too scripted and predictable.

To me the graphics, actions, stances etc are important just like others but, at the end I want a good experience of a cricket match when I play the game and that takes precedence for me over other things. In white ball cricket I think that needs to be adjusted as you rarely feel that thrill when you get an above par score as you know that AI is rarely going give you a run for your money.

Overall BAS has been doing an outstanding job in the field of cricket games without a doubt and as its a suggestion page I wanted to share something which I think will enhance my experience and I am pretty sure for others as well who have felt the same.

satt294

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Integrate "Metahuman creator" to create next generation player faces. It will save a lot of effort for Big Ant and community to create realistic player models. @BigAnt, you need not get Australian and English licenses :p

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Integrate "Metahuman creator" to create next generation player faces. It will save a lot of effort for Big Ant and community to create realistic player models. @BigAnt, you need not get Australian and English licenses :p
This is Incredible as you said @satt294 .

@MattW please have a look on this "Unreal Engine" , MetaHuman Creator... , It brings out the next gen creations without licenses. If this is the Game engine used in next Cricket game it will be massive one to get into hands ...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
This is Incredible as you said @satt294 .

@MattW please have a look on this "Unreal Engine" , MetaHuman Creator... , It brings out the next gen creations without licenses. If this is the Game engine used in next Cricket game it will be massive one to get into hands ...

That's provided they're going to unreal engine, which I can't see happening as long as BA are on steam.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Steam doesnt support unreal engine games ??
They do, but financially doesn't make sense. Steam takes 30% of a sale and Unreal takes (after $1 million in first sales) 5%. Basically you're adding an extra 5% loss in revenue after a period of time.

If you're going to use unreal engine, may as well go to the unreal store and cut the 30% out.

Users who are viewing this thread