Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Thank you...

Now for a simple one which can aid gameplay a lot.

If something suttle happens such as a fielder sliding over the rope when picking up a ball; the ball dropping just short of the slips or someone catching the ball over the boundary rope (all in EA Cricket 07) make the commentators please say what has happened. In other games - I see that happening in EAC 07 and think I have got a wicket but no appeal or anything and I get confused.

manee said:
Thank you...

Now for a simple one which can aid gameplay a lot.

If something suttle happens such as a fielder sliding over the rope when picking up a ball; the ball dropping just short of the slips or someone catching the ball over the boundary rope (all in EA Cricket 07) make the commentators please say what has happened. In other games - I see that happening in EAC 07 and think I have got a wicket but no appeal or anything and I get confused.

definately! This is mandatory IMO...well said.

What about relay throws? And where players slide the ball back just off boundary. I think if you are doing manual fielding it should be an option to do these things!

Also great suggestions there manee!

Relay throw's would probably show signs of major improvements in the game. That would probably be a surprised feature if ever taken into thought.

Last edited:
Very good suggestions there.

One thing that i noticed and really liked about the grounds on the screenshots is the outfield size is nice and big, maybe you could consider having smaller grounds in England and west indies and the likes and then big big grounds in Australia and South Africa, dont really know if this is possible but thought id throw that suggestion at you as its very noticable that you dont get all run 4's in England - but you get a few in Aus

Well, the smallest would be in New Zealand definately.

I think this is being considered but I'm not sure if it is in or not.

The suggestion of relay throws is a good idea.

Assuming that there will be domestic competitions in the game or as an add-on pack, will the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash be in there?

considering the game will be completely editable im sure if the demand is high enough then it will be there m8.

just a quick word about music........ as i said before regarding the music in the game - would there be copyright issues LM? im thinking that there should be songs for different modes of the game, maybe one assinged to each country and so on, also 'i dont like cricket..i love it' has to be the theme tune if there is no copyright issues :upray - it would be good if you could leave this editable too as we could whack our faveourite mp3's into the game at anytime.

cricketer112 said:
Very good suggestions there.

One thing that i noticed and really liked about the grounds on the screenshots is the outfield size is nice and big, maybe you could consider having smaller grounds in England and west indies and the likes and then big big grounds in Australia and South Africa, dont really know if this is possible but thought id throw that suggestion at you as its very noticable that you dont get all run 4's in England - but you get a few in Aus

Grounds will be different sizes, based on the real life counterparts.

cricketer112 said:
considering the game will be completely editable im sure if the demand is high enough then it will be there m8.

just a quick word about music........ as i said before regarding the music in the game - would there be copyright issues LM? im thinking that there should be songs for different modes of the game, maybe one assinged to each country and so on, also 'i dont like cricket..i love it' has to be the theme tune if there is no copyright issues :upray - it would be good if you could leave this editable too as we could whack our faveourite mp3's into the game at anytime.

Yes, competitions will be easily added so all it will take is a little bit of a mod.

All music will be totally editable, so yes, you'll be able to use whatever .mp3 songs you like in place of theme music etc. or wherever there is music.

legend_master said:
Grounds will be different sizes, based on the real life counterparts.

Yes, competitions will be easily added so all it will take is a little bit of a mod.

All music will be totally editable, so yes, you'll be able to use whatever .mp3 songs you like in place of theme music etc. or wherever there is music.

i must be dreaming, this game is everything i ever wanted in a cricket game, gr8 stuff LM

cricketer112 said:

There is definitely a copyright issue with including music with the game, except if that music is creative commons licensed, for example the stuff available at magnatune.com (some of which is quite good), which I'm sure you could get a deal in place for including it free and have links to buy it, which means everyone wins. They get exposure, we get music in the game. Basically a deal with a less known music publisher would be the best way to include music in the game without being sued.

We can't whatever we do include music without permission, even if the game is free. The test for falling under 'fair-use' (which is what crowd sounds will most likely fall under) is not if we are gaining money, rather if they are losing money, which they would be doing if we included it in the game.

Brett_Lee said:
What about relay throws? And where players slide the ball back just off boundary. I think if you are doing manual fielding it should be an option to do these things!

Also great suggestions there manee!
Can you please answer this LM?

whitehornmatt said:
There is definitely a copyright issue with including music with the game, except if that music is creative commons licensed, for example the stuff available at magnatune.com (some of which is quite good), which I'm sure you could get a deal in place for including it free and have links to buy it, which means everyone wins. They get exposure, we get music in the game. Basically a deal with a less known music publisher would be the best way to include music in the game without being sued.

We can't whatever we do include music without permission, even if the game is free. The test for falling under 'fair-use' (which is what crowd sounds will most likely fall under) is not if we are gaining money, rather if they are losing money, which they would be doing if we included it in the game.

i thought this may be the case, but if LM does what you suggest and gets music from a less known music publisher in the original game - and leaves the music editable, then as soon as the game is released we can change any music to what we want and our own personal preference anyway so it doesent really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread