Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

I was just listening to 12th man - the final dig and thought that Billy Birmingham could be a good addition to the commentary team. If possible that would be great.

Will backfoot shots be playable to full deliveries with varying results? An example is Damien Martyn's backfoot cover drive off a half volley.

how about boundary triangular ropes instead of the white rope? these are almost common place in modern cricket

Also - music would be a good idea, modern or cricket music for various screens in game.

In regards of wethear, i think more showers in England - short stopages - the odd long one like a old trafford washout!!, and more storms etc in aus,WI and sub cont.............

some sort of press build up would be cool in carrer games nothing heavy like football manager ;) !!, just quick headlines and briefing before game should do the trick e.g. like what the pitch is expected to do and team news...............and maybe a player of the year award each december.........

ever thought of perhaps fielding sides appealing even if its not out on edges/ bat pads etc..... this would add a lot to the game especially tension as its down to the umpire to make the desicion and we all know that umpires make mistakes from time to time.............. :D

Last edited:
I agree, how about triangular ropes, simple but yet brilliant!

I'd like a "weather forecast" in Test Matches / Career, say if it's predicted thunderstorms for Sunday and you're currently batting and it's Saturday, just before lunch and you have a lead off 250 or so, you could take a chance and declare and hope thunder comes.

Anyway you get the point, weather according to forecasts, would be neat.

:)

cricketer112 said:
how about boundary triangular ropes instead of the white rope? these are almost common place in modern cricket

Also - music would be a good idea, modern or cricket music for various screens in game.

In regards of wethear, i think more showers in England - short stopages - the odd long one like a old trafford washout!!, and more storms etc in aus,WI and sub cont.............

some sort of press build up would be cool in carrer games nothing heavy like football manager ;) !!, just quick headlines and briefing before game should do the trick e.g. like what the pitch is expected to do and team news...............and maybe a player of the year award each december.........

ever thought of perhaps fielding sides appealing even if its not out on edges/ bat pads etc..... this would add a lot to the game especially tension as its down to the umpire to make the desicion and we all know that umpires make mistakes from time to time.............. :D

definately some good ideas here...

Jdz said:
I agree, how about triangular ropes, simple but yet brilliant!

I'd like a "weather forecast" in Test Matches / Career, say if it's predicted thunderstorms for Sunday and you're currently batting and it's Saturday, just before lunch and you have a lead off 250 or so, you could take a chance and declare and hope thunder comes.

Anyway you get the point, weather according to forecasts, would be neat.

:)

Yeah, this is excellent. Definately will include this

it would be even better if the forecasts were only right a certain % of the time. Also, will weather be different for different countries? as in, England and India would have significant differences

rickyp said:
it would be even better if the forecasts were only right a certain % of the time. Also, will weather be different for different countries? as in, England and India would have significant differences

Of course...how often are weather reports actually correct in real life? ;) hehe

yeah, will never be 100% accurate

Yes, different countries will have different weather conditions, based on highest percentage chances for most typical weather based on country.

i would like ripping deliverys every so often from the spin bowlers please :D

Well I don't think there should be so much deliveries that spin more, but some that are more effective because of drift and good line and length.

there shouldnt be rippers all the time, just say that its a 4th/5th day pitch obviously depending on pitch type/location - so lets set the scene:- Murali on a last day pitch at colombo, the pitch has gone dusty and dry and footmarks everywhere, obiously there will be a few rippers through the days play and therefore playing murali in these conditions should be difficult.

the same sort of thing could be implemented for quicks too LM, lets say its the final day at the gabba and we had a dry pitch that was cracking up, obviously the taller more accurate seamers who hit the seam more often than not (Mcgrath, Clarke, Flintof) have more chance of producing a ripping leg/off cutter or one keeping low or of course even worse for the batsman a bowler producing both these results :eek: (obviously they would be few and far between unless its a real mess of a pitch with cracks everywhere!!) ......... therefore the point being made here is that these situations are extremely dificult to bat in real life, so then the toss at the beginning of the match becomes more crucial which of course comes back to deeper gameplay all round - which is of course why we all love this game and cant wait to play it :happy

one last thing - are you including those triangular rope/pad things that are used these dayas boundarys LM? that would be cool.

there shouldnt be rippers all the time, just say that its a 4th/5th day pitch obviously depending on pitch type/location - so lets set the scene:- Murali on a last day pitch at colombo, the pitch has gone dusty and dry and footmarks everywhere, obiously there will be a few rippers through the days play and therefore playing murali in these conditions should be difficult.

the same sort of thing could be implemented for quicks too LM, lets say its the final day at the gabba and we had a dry pitch that was cracking up, obviously the taller more accurate seamers who hit the seam more often than not (Mcgrath, Clarke, Flintof) have more chance of producing a ripping leg/off cutter or one keeping low or of course even worse for the batsman a bowler producing both these results (obviously they would be few and far between unless its a real mess of a pitch with cracks everywhere!!) ......... therefore the point being made here is that these situations are extremely dificult to bat in real life, so then the toss at the beginning of the match becomes more crucial which of course comes back to deeper gameplay all round - which is of course why we all love this game and cant wait to play it

Yes, you are right, a pitch detioration feature would be great. Obviously if the game is so repetitive and foolish like EA, we won't get to the fifth day but that is another story.

one last thing - are you including those triangular rope/pad things that are used these dayas boundarys LM? that would be cool.

I think he probably is, if not with the full game, as an add on.

manee said:
Yes, you are right, a pitch detioration feature would be great. Obviously if the game is so repetitive and foolish like EA, we won't get to the fifth day but that is another story.

I think he probably is, if not with the full game, as an add on.

Yeah, pitch deterioration is a must, so will not be skipped over at all.

The triangle boundary is just geometry and would be dictated by the stadium being played in, so yeah, it will be in for sure on most stadiums but i just haven't made it yet ;)

concerning footmarks, will they be more useful for a spinner than in EA (e.g. closer to batsmen, not completely symmetrical etc

Will_NA said:
concerning footmarks, will they be more useful for a spinner than in EA (e.g. closer to batsmen, not completely symmetrical etc

Yeah, i plan to create random footmarks within a certain radius and cracks etc. which will effect the spin

LM, just a suggestion if it hasnt been suggested.

according to crowd sounds right, would it be possible to get some songs sung by the barmyarmy so that wen England are playing its like they are in the crowd in their own section singing the songs?

will the crowd be wearing like jerseys and supporter gear?

I would like both in the game; they are both quite small touches but add so much.

Users who are viewing this thread