Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

u can have zero confidence in a job u wnat to do, but -ve confidence is somewhat unreal.u can't have -ve confidence, if u get what i mean.

and other things discussed are good ideas, but i think they have been implemented too.

one more thing, confidence of bowler having a relation with batsman would be idiotic.
they have no relation what so ever, a confident bowler would bowl great line and length, no matter what confidence the batsman have.
a bowler gains confidence depending on previous balls he has bowled.hence it's preety much automatic.

this reminds me, will the game have bowler confidence meter?

and another idea, which i think should be implemented.(maybe in the add on)
indivisual batman-bowler confidence meter.
one general confidence meter for the whole match, and one for the current bowler/batman he is facing.

i.e. batman and bowler confidence meter would depend to the opponent he is facing.
i.e., if a new bowler is facing a set batman, his confidence would obviously be lower that the time he would face a new batman.
similarly, a batman would always try out a new bowler to see how he is bowling, before getting after him
this system would also facilitate those " blast the bowler out of match"

also, a batman/bowler general confidence meter would dictate how the specific meter fills up, the base level and misc.

this meter would be a lot more dynamic, and if it reaching zero, the batman would have a very high probability of getting out, likewise, if it stays in high , he is more likely to hit against the bowler, and get him out of the match

another idea: how if these meters stay at zero, or reach it, the batsman/bowler might get a nervous breakdown and try to hit himself out of it.
a bowler might not bowl again for some overs if his general meter reaches zero.

Maybe too late to implement, maybe already suggested, but...

For a career mode, it could be that you have to progress through stages, and prove that you're ready for a match by playing well in the nets. After all, new players dont just get picked, they have to show that theyre in form in the nets.

negative confidence meter means nervousness means difficultty in playing shots get it]

But, I suppose you won't be as nervous about to get a century than just coming into bat on the back of poor scores. But this could lead to different ways in which a batsman reacts to pressure. For example Batsman A might react well under pressure and might be quite confident, whilst Batsman B might react really badly under pressure and continue his bad run of form...

I dont know if these may have been mentioned but I would like to say it anyway. Here is what I would like to see in the game:
- Elite panel of Umpire (Lie Bucknor makes bad decisions against India, etc and bowden makes his funny gestures)
- Future Tours Prog
- ICC Trophy for cwc qualifying
- ICC CHamps Trophy
- 2020 Internationals
- Asia Cup, Natwest Series, VB Series

Thats all I can think of for now. I cant make any requests for graphics since the screens look awesome as is!!

maybe someday we can make games ourselves according to our considerations

This is what this is trying to do...

It is supposed to be a game made by the fans for the fans.

well does the confidence meter in the game depend on the form and mach siuaion mr. manee?
does i have a stamina meter?
well the list grows............

It does have a stamina meter based on both stamina and fatigue.
The confidence meters specifications have not been disclosed yet.

jeromedascorp said:
I dont know if these may have been mentioned but I would like to say it anyway. Here is what I would like to see in the game:
- Elite panel of Umpire (Lie Bucknor makes bad decisions against India, etc and bowden makes his funny gestures)
- Future Tours Prog
- ICC Trophy for cwc qualifying
- ICC CHamps Trophy
- 2020 Internationals
- Asia Cup, Natwest Series, VB Series

Thats all I can think of for now. I cant make any requests for graphics since the screens look awesome as is!!

I can confirm that most of this will be in the game. The Commonwealth Bank Series is now what used to be the Victoria Bitter Series though. Umpires will have their own characteristics too!

Drewska said:
Will australia be called the Commonwealth Bank odi team :)?
I doubt it. Snelly is a passionate Australian and I think that he would object to such a name!

handsome said:
Here are some of my suggestions which may or may not be considered but has a somewhat positive effect
1.> presence of a conifdence meter wherein the meter has negative side also let me explain
consider numbers between -10 and 10 , normally in every game the confidence meter is set to 0 when a batsman arrives to the crease but i propose for emergence of negative confidence also called as nervousness which will depend upon recent form of the player , the nature of the match final of a tournamnet, debut match , do or die match, or match situation say need quick runs or maybe the team has loast early wickets thus to summarise this meter value depends on[COLOR=Navy] a.> match position
b.> importance of match
c.> form of player
d.> getting close to a milestone

this affects the batsman normally how the confidance meter affects but in such manner
Same confidance meter will be present for a bowler and his confidance will depend upon same factors if he is more nervous he will not get line and length accurate etc.[/COLOR]

Reply to this and i'll keep on suggesting more innovative techniques

I like this idea. It could only be implemented in a test series/tour/career mode though.

Users who are viewing this thread