Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Madman said:
do you run to a circle (like Cricket 2004's) or (and) stop a power meter (like BLIC)

A few more suggestions ;

MAKE IT FREE (proper kits, names and stadiums will be illegal if you charge for it)
Create A Team
Career Players (Created Players) as many as you likeNot too big a range between slowest and fastest deliveries
Career mode (county or international or both)
Classic Matches
Classic Players
Auto save replay of special moments like winning a tournament or first wicket or first 50 or first catch etc.
Test Matches, 4-Day Matches, 10, 20, 30,40, and 50 over One Day Matches
Ashes Series from the past and 2006 and updates for 2007 etc.
World Cups from the past and 2007 and updates for 2011 (the game will last that long)
Champions Trophy
All Domestic Competitions
ODI, Test and Best Newcomer of the Year Awards in Career mode
Rain
Good Sound Effects off the bat
In Career mode players retire and skills detiorate but young players will improve and replace the old players
Names and Numbers on shirts
Real Tournament Trophies and a trophy cabinet
Records are very well saved in a hall of fame so there can be no cheating of records (maybe even a hall of fame connected to the internet)
Unlockables
I have probably repeated some things that others have said and asking for a bit much but thats some suggestions

MAKE ME A BETA TESTER PLEASE!! I WANT TO TRY SUCH A GREAT GAME BEFORE ITS RELEASED
i know this is an old post but i thought id add on this. if u can create players in career mode and u go from say grade cricket to 1st grade to state/county to international, you should fight the other created players for spots in those teams, so if you created alot of fast bowlers you all cant be in the aussie team etc, i dont know if it makes much sense but yeh i reakon it would be alright.

it would be great if it had the 20/20 championship with 32 teams n world cup with 16 teams

I know batting has been finalised but is there any chance of a back foot block like in Cricket 2002 against fast bowlers. The backfoot block in Cricket 2002 makes the bowler look rapid and would add pace to the quick bowlers.

Believe me, the batsman's reaction really sometimes makes the bowling look faster(or slower) than it already is.

Madman said:
Can there be an option to have really bad graphics and a low resolution so the game will run on crap computers or laptops.
My mate has a laptop and wants to play this when it comes out but I am afraid that it will not run properly on his laptop because it doesnt have a good graphics card.

I think it should work for him mate if you look at the graphics they aren't too good but at least gameplay will be great :).

Madman said:
Can there be an option to have really bad graphics and a low resolution so the game will run on crap computers or laptops.
My mate has a laptop and wants to play this when it comes out but I am afraid that it will not run properly on his laptop because it doesnt have a good graphics card.

I think there is something like 10 resolutions so I'm sure one of them will fit for your friend's laptop.

The graphics don't look anything special to be honest; Graphics-wise, it should easily run on most systems.

Last edited:
You are right, the graphics should aim to be at Cricket 2002/2004 standard.

Hello LM and everybody associated with TAOC.

I went through most of the pages on the thread but couldn't find a similar suggestion listed. (Of course, with over 60 pages to browse, I could have missed it.)
Most bowlers hunt in pairs. I wonder if it can be incorporated in the game. For instance:
With McGrath bowling very tight from one end, Lee would have a better chance of picking up wickets. Or with Lee attacking with bouncers and/or bowling really fast, McGrath will be able to pick up more wickets with his bounce and line.
Also, the reputation of the bowler could play an important role. 90% of batsmen try and play defensively to big name bowlers like Murli, Warne, McGrath.
I don't know if it can be done, but it would certainly be a great addition!

I have just checked the videos from the Art of Cricket website and one video from youtube.

I've read on this forum that the batting has been finalised, but I do see some problems.

1) The "backlift" of the batsman is not in accordance with the shot played. What I mean is that the backlift is not high enough for power shots and coverdrives etc. and the backlift should be a little lower for some low-power shots.

2) The backlift isn't that smooth either. It looks like as if only 2 frames have been used for the backlift.

3) The "follow-through" of the batsman is way too slow. And, I think this follow-through problem gives the visualization that the ball is traveling at a much faster rate after the bat-ball impact and this makes the shot played somewhat unrealistic.

I would like to help as much as I can with this cricket game and these are just my opinions, and in no way they're negative comments.

manee said:
I know batting has been finalised but is there any chance of a back foot block like in Cricket 2002 against fast bowlers. The backfoot block in Cricket 2002 makes the bowler look rapid and would add pace to the quick bowlers.

Believe me, the batsman's reaction really sometimes makes the bowling look faster(or slower) than it already is.

there are back foot blocks already, ill put one or two in the next video...

cellinis said:
Hello LM and everybody associated with TAOC.

I went through most of the pages on the thread but couldn't find a similar suggestion listed. (Of course, with over 60 pages to browse, I could have missed it.)
Most bowlers hunt in pairs. I wonder if it can be incorporated in the game. For instance:
With McGrath bowling very tight from one end, Lee would have a better chance of picking up wickets. Or with Lee attacking with bouncers and/or bowling really fast, McGrath will be able to pick up more wickets with his bounce and line.
Also, the reputation of the bowler could play an important role. 90% of batsmen try and play defensively to big name bowlers like Murli, Warne, McGrath.
I don't know if it can be done, but it would certainly be a great addition!

Great suggestions, i'll definately consider these ;)

baziKid said:
I have just checked the videos from the Art of Cricket website and one video from youtube.

I've read on this forum that the batting has been finalised, but I do see some problems.

1) The "backlift" of the batsman is not in accordance with the shot played. What I mean is that the backlift is not high enough for power shots and coverdrives etc. and the backlift should be a little lower for some low-power shots.

2) The backlift isn't that smooth either. It looks like as if only 2 frames have been used for the backlift.

3) The "follow-through" of the batsman is way too slow. And, I think this follow-through problem gives the visualization that the ball is traveling at a much faster rate after the bat-ball impact and this makes the shot played somewhat unrealistic.

I would like to help as much as I can with this cricket game and these are just my opinions, and in no way they're negative comments.

Good points....i totally agree...it's my intention in the next few weeks to improve the animations. Some animations im really happy with, but some im not so happy with at all, including the backlift and the follow throughs on all strokes...it's definately something i have noticed myself and intend to improve as much as possible as it does take away from the realism...

LM

handsome said:
well does the confidence meter in the game depend on the form and mach siuaion mr. manee?
does i have a stamina meter?
well the list grows............

Yes, confidence/morale is affected by match situation and form, including form from previous match (if playing a tournament)

Yes there is a stamina meter

LM

Good to hear the confidence and morale is affected by different things.

Speaking of the confidence meter, will it be possible to become over-confident? If the batsmen were to blast a few 6s in quick succession, they're more likely to try it again and get out, especially somebody like KP with the hook shot.

RabbleRouser said:
Speaking of the confidence meter, will it be possible to become over-confident? If the batsmen were to blast a few 6s in quick succession, they're more likely to try it again and get out, especially somebody like KP with the hook shot.

Wasn't planned to have 'overconfidence', but it's a really good idea actually...would only work for CPU controlled players tho, as obviously the player themself while batting should make their own decision...

LM

Users who are viewing this thread