Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Now, I know that you haven't done player stats and rosters, etc. So, I was thinking, and came up with this new way to record, numerically, how good a player is, which ties in well with the game. Instead of doing it EA or BLIC style, we could use these:

BOWLING
Pace: Instead of RF, RFM, Leg Spin, etc. bowlers, we have two types, Spin and Fast. Pace basically determines how fast these bowlers are. This way, slow-medium bowlers have a pace of about 65, and so do spinners such as Afridi and Kumble too. Faster ones have like 80 pace, and Mcgrath will have say, 72. Irfan about 75, Lee about 92, Akthar about 90 as well. Makes it more accurate instead of having both Saj Mahmood and Mcgrath classified as bowlers of similar pace.
Spin: How much spin they get. For pacemen, how much they rip thier slower balls.
Flight: Mostly for spinners, how much flight they bowl with normally. This way different spinners bowl differently, instead of Afridi and Bhajji bowling with similar flight and turn. For pacemen, this can be how loopy their slower balls are (Bravo will have a high stat, for example)
Control: What it says, how much control. In the bowling way, shows how much earlier they can move the control.
Swing: Or drift for slower bowlers.
Bounce: This can be comparable to height. Basically how much bounce they get. If you use height instead, taller bowlers get more height.
Common Sense: Bowlers with good commen sense understand where to bowl at certain periods of the game, and what to do for certain pitches. This attribute is mainly to make Computer AI tougher.

BATTING:
Reflexes: Can be used for fielding too. Could control how fast the bar moves on the meter which determines power. So even if they see it late, their reflexes are quick enough to hit it powerfully none-the-less.
Seeing the ball from the hand: You can call it something else. Basically, it judges how early the marker arrives, as they saw it early.
Technique: Judges how quickly they can change shot. I think you mentioned somethig about being able to back out of a shot, technique judges how quickly they can do that.
Power: What it says, how hard they can hit.
Control: How can they control thier hits to find the gaps. Better players like Sachin and Lara find the gaps easier than others.
Footwork: Good footwork means they are better at using their feet to attack the spinners, and are quicker in general with their movements, and don't get trapped at the crease as often.
Common Sense: Batsmen with good common sense understand when to just tick the scoreboard over, turn over the strike, when to hogg the strike, when to block and when to defend. Basically for computer AI.

You could also additionaly have ratings for how good they are off the back foot or front foot.

FIELDING
Speed: Also for running between wickets.
Close Catching: Slips, short leg, basically in catching positions.
Outfield Catching: Caching in the deep. Both these are very different, and require their own skils.
Reflexes: (From batting) How good they are at taking sharp chances.
Arm: How strong thier arm is. Factors in how strong they throws and for how long they can sustain it.
Agility: How good they are at diving about and stopping runs. Ties in with speed and reflexes.

Then you can have Capitaincy, experience, etc. as additional qualities.
:)

Good system Zorax. I hope it gets into the game, however I would rather see a difference between fast bowlers. Glenn McGrath is slightly slower than Brett Lee, shall we say.

Yes, I really like the sounds of that zorax. Hopefully it gets implemented into the game!

Forgot to mention Strike Rate. Batsmen with higher strike rate try to score quicker. So, say, Afridi has a S/R of 150. If he is standing at 6 off 30 balls, he will try and get atleast 60 more runs off the next 30 balls. This leads to interesting situations. Such as if they are down a few wickets, will an aggressive batter play to his natural game, or hold back? This is where experience and common sense comes into play. Afridi has good experience, but absolutely no common sense (:p). So, he would probably go for it at a delicate situation. Also helps in the end of the innings. Say, Dravid is there. His S/R will be about 70. But, due to his experience and commons sense, he will hit balls which he can hit, his strength, whereas just tick the strike over.
And it doesn't have to be exact to stats. Raina will have 80, Kaif 75 ish, Yuvi 85, Dhoni 95, Gayle 120, Afridi like 175. What rate they try to score at, regardless of what thier stats say. Poses some interesting situations for the computer AI.

sounds really good system espcially about the reflex's of the batsman and how quick his bar works excellent

i would like to remind u guys, stat system has already been discussed, and implemented.
we ahve more than 50+ stats which would be kept track of.
and I have full faith in LM and JK that they would make sure that stats have gameplay meaning.

however, in this stage of game, giving an overhaul to the stat system would be.... boring to say atleast.:p
and ofcourse programming it would be a little frustrating.

Nice ideas there but as leo said the programming would not only be frustrating... but difficult, time-consuming and certainly confusing.

With that strike rate idea, I would think it would be difficult since players don't always strike at that rate and would be hard to determine a proper strike-rate (sounds confusing).

Some really good suggetsions there zorax doom. keep them up. would be cool if someone were implemented into the game

however with the first one bout spin, RFm, we shoul keep those categories but still have it that people bowl at their own speed.

Maybe like this

Brett Lee F bowler, 145-160kmh
Glenn McGrath FM 130-145kmh

Just estimated above lol!

Yes that would be perfect. Cause then we can like make it say on palyer profiles of the game

BRETT LEE
(Cricket Australia)

RH Batsman, RF Bowler 75/87/99 or you could make it say

RH Batsman, RF Bowler 75-99 mph/ 120-160ish kmh

I know yours was an example but I do not think warm up paces should be included because they are not accurate to what a bowler can bowl in his first few overs...

I think the pace list needs to be more prominant on the stats thread...

I will put the others in html coding (which I have just learnt) instead of word files...

It will be done soon

blackleopard92 said:
i would like to remind u guys, stat system has already been discussed, and implemented.
we ahve more than 50+ stats which would be kept track of.
and I have full faith in LM and JK that they would make sure that stats have gameplay meaning.

however, in this stage of game, giving an overhaul to the stat system would be.... boring to say atleast.:p
and ofcourse programming it would be a little frustrating.

thanx for having faith in us :)..yes..the stat system has been finalised
and in fact, i had completed around 230 players by july..but couldnt
do any further as i had no time (school) :(

yes..totally true...although we can consider it if we have a 2nd release :)

cheers

Some additions maybe considered for future patches or versions

Here are some of my suggestions which may or may not be considered but has a somewhat positive effect
1.> presence of a conifdence meter wherein the meter has negative side also let me explain
consider numbers between -10 and 10 , normally in every game the confidence meter is set to 0 when a batsman arrives to the crease but i propose for emergence of negative confidence also called as nervousness which will depend upon recent form of the player , the nature of the match final of a tournamnet, debut match , do or die match, or match situation say need quick runs or maybe the team has loast early wickets thus to summarise this meter value depends on[COLOR=Navy] a.> match position
b.> importance of match
c.> form of player
d.> getting close to a milestone

this affects the batsman normally how the confidance meter affects but in such manner
Same confidance meter will be present for a bowler and his confidance will depend upon same factors if he is more nervous he will not get line and length accurate etc.[/COLOR]

Reply to this and i'll keep on suggesting more innovative techniques

Users who are viewing this thread