Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Probably be best only when trying a catch, and it should only happen very rarely.

one question
would the form of one of the batsman effect the other's form as well?
one batsman can't time balls, getting close calls, the tension builds on the other one as well.

Fender said:
After smashing myslef today I thought of this. On the very odd occasion could two fielders collide while tring to field the ball?
I'm not sure if that's needed. The last thing we need is , if there is a slight fault with the coding, that the fielders keep bumping into each other every other over!

blackleopard92 said:
one question
would the form of one of the batsman effect the other's form as well?
one batsman can't time balls, getting close calls, the tension builds on the other one as well.

thsi is actually a great idea...i think this would be really cool...yes, it would effect each other only in a subtle way...maybe could even manifest itself in a way such as if a batsman doesn't get the strike for a large amount of time/balls then he may lose focus, and/or if one guy is doing bad (based on certain criteria) then the other guy can lose a little bit of confidence.

Adarsh said:
I'm not sure if that's needed. The last thing we need is , if there is a slight fault with the coding, that the fielders keep bumping into each other every other over!

yeah, maybe a little overkill on this one...;)

Seriously LM, one thing you'll have to look out - The Celebrations :D

Also another very important thing is different speeds for fielders, like Ramesh powar cant run as fast as Kaif, and once powar runs its difficult for him to stop ;)

Kshitiz_Indian said:
Seriously LM, one thing you'll have to look out - The Celebrations :D

Also another very important thing is different speeds for fielders, like Ramesh powar cant run as fast as Kaif, and once powar runs its difficult for him to stop ;)
Definately otherwise Dwayne Leverock of Bermuda will be running at same pace as that of others.......

Edit - I hope the online mode will work well on a 256kbps net.....

Is there goin to be an electronic scoreboard on the ground....

Is there goin to be the helmet rule where the batsman gets 10 runs if he hits the helmet that is kept behind the keeper

Last edited:
The problem is more of ping that speed on broadband connections. the game requires very low ping for multiplayer mode to be successful, otherwise we would be left with land option only.

shrenik007 said:
Is there goin to be the helmet rule where the batsman gets 10 runs if he hits the helmet that is kept behind the keeper
5 runs....

To the developers I suggest play some baseball games on consoles or pc as there are some solid ideas which can be converted from baseball into a cricket game.

I would like the following little details that I noticed isnt properly done in BLIC 07

i) Umpire on the non striker end moving out of the stump and parallel to the batsmans crease to judge a runout when a ball is hit and batsman are going for a run and if incase he cannot suggesting a third umpire review.

ii) Different kinds of batsman, fielder running annimations.

iii) Realistic ball physics.

iv) Excellent fielder and wicket keeper animations- e.g. fielders walk in from the outfield as the bowler runs in, wicket keeper clapping his hands as he does wearing a gloves unlike a fielder and constantly appreciating a bowler, bowler and keeper taking stance behind wickets properly as the batsmen take a run, e.g. if they cannot run just back ti the stump, standing behind the stump but further from the stump.

v) Ability to take byes and leg byes even when a batsman is slightlly hit, unlike blic 2007, straight goes to animations.

aprofromindia said:
To the developers I suggest play some baseball games on consoles or pc as there are some solid ideas which can be converted from baseball into a cricket game.

I would like the following little details that I noticed isnt properly done in BLIC 07

i) Umpire on the non striker end moving out of the stump and parallel to the batsmans crease to judge a runout when a ball is hit and batsman are going for a run and if incase he cannot suggesting a third umpire review.

ii) Different kinds of batsman, fielder running annimations.

iii) Realistic ball physics.

iv) Excellent fielder and wicket keeper animations- e.g. fielders walk in from the outfield as the bowler runs in, wicket keeper clapping his hands as he does wearing a gloves unlike a fielder and constantly appreciating a bowler, bowler and keeper taking stance behind wickets properly as the batsmen take a run, e.g. if they cannot run just back ti the stump, standing behind the stump but further from the stump.

v) Ability to take byes and leg byes even when a batsman is slightlly hit, unlike blic 2007, straight goes to animations.

to the developer...me

i) possible / probably yes

ii) kind of done

iii) yes, done

iv) kind of / some of this will be done

v) already done.

Hey,

I've just recently discovered this game and I must say I'm very excited about it. I have a few questions.

1) When playing spin, each player will have their own stat for reading spinners. Will the ability to read the spinner depend on who is bowling? i.e. will it be harder, even for good players, to read spinners like Warne and Murali as opposed to lesser bowlers such as Gayle?

2) I realise this is probably wishing for a bit much, but I've always felt it should be possible to play deliberately inside the line, especially against the spinners. i.e., if you're facing a leg-spinner who bowls you what you think is a leg-break, pitching just outside off-stump, you could play defensively down the line of your off-stump just in case it turned out to be the googly. Obviously, this would have implications for batsman confidence, as the batsman is in effect playing and missing at the delivery. Possibly you could have some minimum level of confidence for batsmen who have been at the crease for a significant period of time, and their confidence would only fall below this level if they were hit on the body or had an LBW appeal against them.

Hope that makes sense!

3) This is more a curiosity question than anything. I've noticed that you can pick the umpires you want in a match: will different umpires have different abilities/stats? i.e., will Aleem Dar be less likely to give LBWs compared to say Harper?

Anyway, keep up the good work! Am sure the game will be great!

Hi guys new to forum.
i have some suggesstions. maybe its too late to implement them but still talking about it.
how about having a superstar mode just like madden nfl.
i mean you start with a player that you create at the lowest level.
the player will have low skills but great potential .
it is up to you how you shape him. like he gets better with experience.
you start playing in local leagues and then go upto international level.
you controll only that player instead of whole team.
also, if your form dips having some sessions in net can help.
as the player grows popular he gets sponsorship which can unlock better training improving your capabilities. you aim will be to be the all time great and shatter all records.

it has been suggested, but it's impossible to do it for the first release.
maybe a mod or a add on would do it.

coolyad said:
Hi guys new to forum.
i have some suggesstions. maybe its too late to implement them but still talking about it.
how about having a superstar mode just like madden nfl.
i mean you start with a player that you create at the lowest level.
the player will have low skills but great potential .
it is up to you how you shape him. like he gets better with experience.
you start playing in local leagues and then go upto international level.
you controll only that player instead of whole team.
also, if your form dips having some sessions in net can help.
as the player grows popular he gets sponsorship which can unlock better training improving your capabilities. you aim will be to be the all time great and shatter all records.

from the talks of it on the forum everywhere...it looks like the first release is nearing completion

shrenik007 said:
from the talks of it on the forum everywhere...it looks like the first release is nearing completion

No, I wouldn't say that. There's quite a way to go yet!

Users who are viewing this thread