Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Kshitiz_Indian said:
What about the fielder speeds LM ?

Fielder speeds will vary, depending on stats (ground speed and stamina etc). Stats are divided into categories, including: global, batting, bowling, fielding, career stats

Umpires do have stats too, e.g. one umpire may be more prone to giving dodgy calls than another, or one may be more likely to give LBW's over snicks ...stuff like that

My first good idea for a while:

Give each bowler access to each of their deliveries all the time but over abuse of this will result in less effective deliveries with less accuracy, less chance of uneven bounce and easier for the batsman to be hit.

When the cpu begin to play their shots, will they play a shot a ball or will they block a few, occasionally even blocking out a maiden (including in ODIs)?

I kind of agree with venom. From the videos it does look as though its rather too easy to cut, and especially pull, balls which are only fractionally short of a length.
Also, having been playing BLIC I remembered that one of the most annoying things about it is that you lose confidence when, e.g., struck on the thigh when looking to turn a ball to leg. Does it make a difference where you get hit as to how your confidence reacts?
Finally, I think you ought to gain confidence more from the timing of the stroke than for its outcome. In other games, a well timed cover drive that is stopped by a fielder so there's no run gives the batsman no extra confidence, whereas an edge down to thirdman for four gives him a big boost, just because it's gone to the boundary. I also think that there should be an upper limit, (maybe 66%?), on confidence that can be gained by playing defensive strokes, so that it's no longer possible for a batsman to reach full confidence by playing an over or two of forward defences.

Sorry if this seems overly critical, LM. I think you're doing a great job with the game, and I'm really looking forward to its eventual release. I just want it to be the best cricket game ever, which it's shaping up to be!

Last edited:
just a few requests, if you play in say the west indies or new zeald\andcould you please make the boundariers a lot shorter and quicker, and with the pace bowlers in ea and brian lara and in the video for taoc they bowl very slow and with loop i would love it if they were very quick and early on swing it and have the batsmen poking... just ideas hope they are implemented:) cheers lm

Last edited:
dmckenna said:
just a few requests, if you play in say the west indies or new zeald\andcould you please make the boundariers a lot shorter and quicker, and with the pace bowlers in ea and brian lara and in the video for taoc they bowl very slow and with loop i would love it if they were very quick and early on swing it and have the batsmen poking... just ideas hope they are implemented:) cheers lm

the reason pacers are a little bit slow is because they would be unplayable at a faster speed. Seriously, the pace bowler is already quite fast and it is rather difficult to hit. Hmmm, cant agree with you about the loopiness in this game tho, that was corrected some time ago...unless you're referring to the spin bowlers?

But yes, different locales/grounds will have different playing pitches/outfields and it will swing...i spent a lot of time getting the swing working beautifully

oh ok sorry i was looking at an earlier video very sorry lm great work on this game:) keep up the fantastic work:) cheers mate really excited about this game :cheers

Hi Legendmaster, AoC sounds fantastic I wish you all the best in its future development. I have a couple of suggestions for you if you have time to consider. Apologies if any of these features have already been implemented in your game or if somebody else has already discussed them.

Squad Selection Screen

You could have a squad selection screen where you could analyse, filter and sort all your players by their attributes ie Batting Average, Economy Rate, skill levels, Strike rate etc. This means you can compare and choose players easily according to conditions and circumstances.

Player Form

This squad selection screen could also show a "form" attribute for each player like in PES or International Cricket Captain( could maybe have 5 levels of form ). This could be carried through to the cricket field by an factor of plus or minus x% in all attributes depending on what level of form the player is on before the match. Or an other option is that if the player is in form then they start a couple of notches up on their relative bowling/batting confidence metre or find it easier to build the metre up. However if a player is out of form they could start right down a the zero on the metre and take twice as long as normal to bring up each confidence notch, meaning that you'll have to take time to try and play a player out of form. This could be coupled with the % attritubutes stats increase / decrease.

I feel this would bring a lot more to gameplay as you'll have to analyse your whole squad during a series and tournament and not just concentrate on 11 players. For a one off match the 'form' rating could be randomly generated but if you play in the middle of a series and one of your batsman has just scored a 100 in the past game then he'll have a have a good form attribute/ confidence for the next game. However if a player has got a run of bad scores then he'll be in poor form with a decrease in his stats, so you might consider dropping him for another player, or take great pleasure in playing him out of form. You could make this selectable wether people choose to play with form on or off.

Anway mate it's only a suggesstion - your doing a fine job. Apologies again if you already have considered this. Sorry for the long post :)

Ricco_M said:
Player Form

This squad selection screen could also show a "form" attribute for each player like in PES or International Cricket Captain( could maybe have 5 levels of form ). This could be carried through to the cricket field by an factor of plus or minus x% in all attributes depending on what level of form the player is on before the match. Or an other option is that if the player is in form then they start a couple of notches up on their relative bowling/batting confidence metre or find it easier to build the metre up. However if a player is out of form they could start right down a the zero on the metre and take twice as long as normal to bring up each confidence notch, meaning that you'll have to take time to try and play a player out of form. This could be coupled with the % attritubutes stats increase / decrease.

I feel this would bring a lot more to gameplay as you'll have to analyse your whole squad during a series and tournament and not just concentrate on 11 players. For a one off match the 'form' rating could be randomly generated but if you play in the middle of a series and one of your batsman has just scored a 100 in the past game then he'll have a have a good form attribute/ confidence for the next game. However if a player has got a run of bad scores then he'll be in poor form with a decrease in his stats, so you might consider dropping him for another player, or take great pleasure in playing him out of form. You could make this selectable wether people choose to play with form on or off.

Anway mate it's only a suggesstion - your doing a fine job. Apologies again if you already have considered this. Sorry for the long post :)

I think that is a fantastic suggestion. I really hope that it is implemented into the game.

I also believe that if a player is on top form, he should play almost flawlessly and beyond his usual limits.

i thought this was already going to be in the game
it's a gr8 idea and should be implemented if it hasnt been

Users who are viewing this thread