T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Uganda needs atleast 5 more years to be competitive at this stage. Way too many horrible games from them then good.
Post automatically merged:

That was a wide ball, no?
I too thought 5th delivery was wide. Cant they take a review like IPL? If so they should have taken a review.
Post automatically merged:

Cricket sucks
This defeat is on you and you know it :p

Awful umpiring by Joel Wilson.
Second-last ball should have been one bouncer for the over, preventing Baartman from bowling another bouncer on the last ball.

The last two deliveries of the Nepal innings could have been wides. Anyhow, a spirited performance from Nepal. They were rank favourites uptil the 16th over, but seemingly lost their way thereafter.

USA vs SA could be another treat to watch in the S8s. SA does have a tendency to slip up against lesser known cricketing nations.

Yeah, by the rules, should have been a wide. Everybody got into that run out in that last ball that they forgot about the wide haha. Bad luck for Nepal I guess. They played brilliantly. Had they won this one, then a win against Bangladesh would give them a spot in the Super 8.

Gulshan couldn't judge the throw on that last ball. He got hit by that ball on the back, when de Kock threw it towards the non-striking end. And maybe Gulshan thought the ball went somewhere else and he was safe, until he wasn't.

They were rank favourites uptil the 16th over, but seemingly lost their way thereafter.
Nepal lost quick wickets, starting with Sah, then followed by Dipendra and Aasif, then everyone else.

Aasif and Sah made a partnership of 50 runs. Also they were going at about 8 an over. So their wickets was a turning point.

Because half of there team seems to be fading, and there is no replacements at domestic level

This isn’t strictly true. Sure, they’re not going back to the 2019-21 levels of reaching the finals of ICC events in all three formats but they’re not returning back to their pre-70s levels of irrelevance or even their 2000s levels of lack of star power. At worst, they’ll be a better version of the current West Indian test side; a strong bowling attack with a suspect batting lineup.

I do have a fair idea of what’s silently holding them back in this format but that’s an extended post for another thread.

What a chaotic finish. Gulshan almost did his cousin Say proud.

Waking up to this almost made me spit my coffee out.

Gutted to see that result this morning - a game that close, every player can think of asomewhere they could have found one or two runs.

If Nepal had got over the line, Bangladesh-Nepal would have been a virtual knockout

Next world cup qualifier will be intresting... Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and may be England too take part in qualifier...

Next world cup qualifier will be intresting... Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and may be England too take part in qualifier...
As much as I'd love to see it, they're all already qualified. Sri Lanka as hosts and the other three through rankings. Same with Bangladesh.

It's only Scotland and Netherlands who can upset the party.

Users who are viewing this thread