T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

God damn, an India vs South Africa final.... Are we going to give South Africa another heartbreak in an ICC event? I have always wanted to see South Africa for once, win a world title (they have never done it in a World Cup; Champions Trophy 1998 not included).

Indian team looks well rounded with their newer aggressive approach and their spin chokehold. Cant see South Africa get past this lineup on Saturday, if the weather allows for a game to happen. Luckily the games have all been day ones for India, which takes toss out of the equation significantly.

A good win for India, seems they have finally managed to break free of the semi-final hoodoo. The Indian victory also puts the spotlight squarely on the surfaces used- especially in the WI. While traditionally, the wickets have been low and slow, the pitches served up have been an abject failure. Even the last game in Trinidad, one would expect better quality from a full member who has been in the business for years now.

I don't care about kholis displays i just wanna see the team lift him on there shoulders why holding the cup
They will pick up Dravid, mate!

As for Kohli, surprising how a person's form changes when he makes the transition from Bangalore to India. The only saving grace for him would be to play a Gilchrist-esque innings in Barbados- however, a large part of me feels that is beyond him now. Irrespective of the result on Saturday, I would like to see the team move on from Kohli in the limited overs format. He may score the runs, but the intent to score for the team is just missing.

I also do not see India making changes for the Final- however, I'd certainly try to bring in Samson for Dube and make him open. Kohli can drop down to wherever he wants. In a final, giving away your wicket early will open the floodgates and pressurize the other persons. Might not be the right approach.

Really pleased with the win yesterday. This squad does give me the vibes of Sri Lanka’s star studded team ten to fifteen years ago. Not sure if the final will be like SL’s 2012 WC moment or the 2014 WC triumph. No matter what happens though, this team has achieved expectations if not exceeded them slightly.

Dube is once again the only player I would change. If Jadeja is trusted to bat above him and Axar gets promoted ahead of him then there’s no point playing him since he rarely bowls and his fielding is poor. Makes more sense to play Samson even if it’s the final and he would lack match practice.

That was some brilliant play by India. Two unbeaten teams fighting it out for glory perhaps does justice to this edition.

The manner of victory certainly puts India slightly ahead of SA in terms of being prepared for the Final. Hopes have been raised, so let's see how this Final pans out.

It would be surreal though for SA and its fans if they win the WC. I would be rooting against it with my full might.

I am worried about the Final- what if, Rohit falls early? Wrap up our hopes then? The rest of the batting (bar SKY and Pandya to an extent) hasn't fired at all. We might have a situation like the CWC23 Final- 82/2 in 8 overs and then end up scoring no boundaries until the very end. Remember that SA has a good and a disciplined bowling line up too+ a good captain in Markram.

I am worried about the Final- what if, Rohit falls early? Wrap up our hopes then? The rest of the batting (bar SKY and Pandya to an extent) hasn't fired at all. We might have a situation like the CWC23 Final- 82/2 in 8 overs and then end up scoring no boundaries until the very end. Remember that SA has a good and a disciplined bowling line up too+ a good captain in Markram.
South Africa will be more worried. Besides de Kock, none of their batters has had any score of relevance.

Despite us not winning the World Cup in 11 years now, this final I am in dilemma. While obviously I want us to win the world cup, I also cannot see South Africa losing. The African people and teams have gone long with so many heartbreaks!

Like New Zealand, there is nothing to dislike about this or any other South African there has been. I would be sad if India loses again but wont be too sad since another team South Africa would be winning.

South Africa has broken the curse of semi finals, can India break the curse of Finals? Hope the game happens and hope we get a cracker.

Good luck to both teams! May the best won on the day win!

Users who are viewing this thread