T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

and by the way, about the match fixing thing, obviously the only right thing to do is for aus to bring ellis in as captain for one match and knock england out
Inglis*

i was a bit stuck on who to choose in that post - in the end, my thinking was:

• Inglis is the only other keeper in the squad - desperately needed injury cover
  • Agar could be brought in for the windies games that happen on spin-conductive pitches
  • Green, likewise, injury cover for the batting alrs
  • Ellis will be extremely unneeded if they go with both Zampa and Agar in some games - as he's the backup pacer anyway

This is how the Super 8 groups are shaping up:

GROUP 1GROUP 2
:ind: India:wi: West Indies
:aus: Australia:saf: South Africa
:afg: Afghanistan:sco: Scotland / :eng: England
:ban: Bangladesh / :ned: Netherlands:usa: USA

That really is a wonderful Group 2 if England miss out, plenty of potential for upsets and (whisper it) maybe an associate in the semis?

If Bangladesh and England miss out, the 3 auto qualifiers on rankings will be :eng: England, :pak: Pakistan and :ban: Bangladesh
If they both make it then it's likely to be :pak: Pakistan, :ire: Ireland and :sco: Scotland (subject to change as Namibia are close behind Scots in the rankings)

If Scots or Ned miss out they will likely miss out on the rankings qualification (this is a certainty for Ned and depends on the other group result for Scots)
Ireland just have to hope one of England or Bangladesh makes it and they're in
as humans often do, i forgot new zealand.

i'd say bangladesh can be pretty much locked in for a spot, so the corrected scenario now is:

if scotland go through, the 3 teams will be :eng: England, :nz: New Zealand, :pak: Pakistan
if england go through, the 3 teams will be :nz: New Zealand, :pak: Pakistan, :ire: Ireland

no matter what happens, one of Scots or Ire will qualify automatically, which is pretty lucky for the European teams as once again they don't have to face a scenario where Scots, Ire and Ned tussle for only 2 WC spots

Scotland must be sweating now

Users who are viewing this thread