T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

That is something that needs to be addressed. Pre-seeding needs to stop based on randomness. Groups and knockouts need to happen based on actual standings in group stages and rankings.
Pre seeding is being done to cater to traveling audiences. Gives them a much better idea of where their team will play, if they move to the next round.

Furthermore, the host is always given the first right of refusal/acceptance when it comes to a specific venue for the KO.
And Zimbabwe ? Miss them big time :crying: :crying:
Really gone down the drain of late. Show a lot of promise, but somehow aren't able to translate it into larger results.
Wait until Japan makes the cut instead
Japan will have to fight it out in Asia. Quite tough. From the Australasian area, Fiji might stand a better chance tbh.

Japan will have to fight it out in Asia. Quite tough. From the Australasian area, Fiji might stand a better chance tbh.
Nope. They are still in EAP region.

Turns out ICC's Asia region is not related to ACC in any way. One team can be a member of the ACC, and still not be in ICC's Asia regional pathway.

Japan will take part in ACC's Asia Cup pathways, i.e. ACC Challenger Cup/Premier Cup. But will compete in EAP regional qualifiers for ICC events.
At least that's the case for now. This might be amended in the future though.

Japan are placed in EAP's sub-regional qualifiers already for the 2026 T20 World Cup qualification

Japan will take part in ACC's Asia Cup pathways, i.e. ACC Challenger Cup/Premier Cup. But will compete in EAP regional qualifiers for ICC events.
At least that's the case for now. This might be amended in the future though.

Japan are placed in EAP's sub-regional qualifiers already for the 2026 T20 World Cup qualification
Bro I mean if anything, I'd like Asian pathway teams to be moved to EAP to pose threat to PNG, like Hong Kong and Malaysia. Moving Japan, the only team with enough potential and future talent to challenge PNG now, to Asia, will make EAP region basically useless.
Post automatically merged:

ireland, nz and pak will qualify on rankings if bangladesh make it
The world aligns yet again and we shall again see the European Associate Trio in the T20 WC (Ireland shall be a honorary associate for the sake of context)

Users who are viewing this thread