Taking Wickets

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wally Hammond said:
just a quick update, i managed to bowl Australia out for 187 in there first innings. However they were a catches.

I've just started there 2nd innings and i've taken 2 wickets, Hayden lbw to a slower 3/4 length ball that stayed low, and then Ponting with the next ball, a half length slower ball (special delivery) with removed his leg stump.

So i'm getting the hang of it, but i have a question about the inswinging yorker that is one of Harmison special deliveries, has anyone managed to take a wicket with it? as i can't seem to.
in regards to harmison taking a wicket with his special swinging yorker...yes i have twice both times LBW once to Ponting who missed while trying to flick it off his legs and once to McGrath who tried to drive.

i have managed to bowl CPU a couple of times with spinner and fast bowler but have not seen stumps come out of ground has anyone seen the stumps come out of the ground??? if so how did you do it?

Andrew G

Club Cricketer
Best tip I can give is;
Give batsmen the unexpected and the unexpected will happen.

These are my best bowling scores to date...
I'll make a small video with Fraps of the match highlights if some think
this is fake, ofcourse it'll have to be of new match, being you can't save replays.

Attachments

• AUSvsNZ.jpg
    AUSvsNZ.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Wally Hammond

School Cricketer
just a quick update, i managed to bowl Australia out for 99 in there 2nd innings.

i had a few balls that seamed and were edged to slips, and even Giles managed to take a wicket, caught by a bat/pad fielder.

What i have noticed is that the slower ball special delivery is quite affective against a new batsman and some short pitched/aggressive bowling can be good source of wickets. I have a few top edges which have gone to the fielders

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
just bowled STRAUSS for a duck after he faced 5 deliveries hit his middle stump with an inswinger it was sweet... :D

what i did and have found is that for new batsmen bowl about 1cm down from the batsmen's crease on middle and off stump, inswing & outswing about 1/3 pace so that it really gets a lot of movement and hopefully wait for it to happen.....after the batsmen get about a 1/3 the way of confidence then go back to just short of a length outside or on off stump using a variety of deliveries and different pace and wait for an error from the batsmen.

So far this seems to work good for me.

I bowled England out for 250 at the end of day one on a wet pitch with overcast conditions. And made 365 myself as Australia Hayden 125 runs, Langer 87, Ponting 48. Now after i got Strauss out for a duck England are 1 wicket for 5 runs 2nd Innings, day 3.

Yorkshire_No1

Club Cricketer
Well, reading this topic i was doing fine till they flew out of the traps. Chairmans 11 are 207/7 and need 89 more. Hoggard keeps getting maidens but there not swinging against him. Might all Collingwood in to the attack

Wally Hammond

School Cricketer
Green pitch

I started the 2nd test against Australia last night, on a green wicket. The strange thing was that Ponting won the toss an elected to bat, No this is my first game on a green wicket and the ball seam a fair bit. Therefore i managed to bowl the Aussie out for 122 with Katch top scoring with 54.

So the pitch does make a difference to how you should bowl.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
im an awesome bowler. bowled every team olut for lower than 30. just bowl full tosses ON off-and middle with ur fat medium0fast bowlers. mix it up with in swingers and out. it will either be LBW, or bowled, usually bowled. :D

Yorkshire_No1

Club Cricketer
Cricketman93 said:
im an awesome bowler. bowled every team olut for lower than 30. just bowl full tosses ON off-and middle with ur fat medium0fast bowlers. mix it up with in swingers and out. it will either be LBW, or bowled, usually bowled. :D
You using Easy difficulty

Wally Hammond

School Cricketer
Cricketman93 said:

Does this not spoil the game, if want teams to get reasonable scores

Users who are viewing this thread