Tamil Music/Movie Thread

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's not full and fully mankatha reloaded, I don't want to post spoilers, watch and give your comment. I went with no expectation, saw the best flim of AK in a decade.

That’s pretty high praise. Might even tempt me into giving it a watch after 2-3 weeks so that I can actually listen to the dialogues.:p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Didnt like Thunivu much! Did not invest into the film at all, with it being all over the place in the first half that I never connected much with the story! And the movie was just a "gun parade" almost all throughout.

For Ajith - this is his best performance in recent times as he looks wayyyy more energetic and massy in this film compared to his other films. But cant say the same for the director (H Vinoth, who is doing his 3rd consecutive film with Ajith after Nerkonda Paarvai and Valimai). Cant understand why Ajith repeats a director so much until he's bored with that person. He really needs to rotate his directors

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Varisu, A Sun TV serial with two great songs.
Even thalapathy veriyans accepted it, for god sake Vijay please ignore telugu directors for some time, give a great comeback with logesh, after beast and varisu, I sincerely felt beast is better. Before going to movie a thought it will be a good flick like kavalan, but was disappointed, I agree two songs and some scenes are enjoyable.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Varisu, A Sun TV serial with two great songs.
Even thalapathy veriyans accepted it, for god sake Vijay please ignore telugu directors for some time, give a great comeback with logesh, after beast and varisu, I sincerely felt beast is better. Before going to movie a thought it will be a good flick like kavalan, but was disappointed, I agree two songs and some scenes are enjoyable.

There are bigger Thalapathy veriyans among family audience. If you ask the small collection of Thalapathy veriyans on Day 1/2/3, you will find a different group talking about disappointment of the movie not being filled with testosterone mass worship. But if you ask among the family audience, almost everyone enjoyed it. In USA, opening day shows are not filled with fanatics but they are filled with family audiences. The theatres were filled with claps/hoots/whistles and kids were seen laughing.

Its showing in the movie's performance at the BO, which is increasing everyday and is leading to heartburn for the rival producer (Red Giant - Udayanidhi Stalin) that they have asked their company executive to go on Twitter and argue under every post that talks about Varisu BO performance increasing.

"A Sun TV serial" entertains huge no of people at their homes. And its converting to box office performance when combined with a mega star. Thats what is happening with Varisu,

P.s: Guess Varisu has strongly kindled the old Thalapathy fan in me :D

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Here in Tamilnadu it's different.Screenshot_20230116-134957-491.png
Here is chat from thalapathy veriyan friend from childhood. He talks crap about varisu, but still goes for 3rd time with different family members. Opinions differ, mine is totally different from you on varisu, but in term of BO both are going great in TN so far purely due to vijay stardom.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Makkale any new good movie suggestions

Watched "Leo"? I guess ur an Ajith fan, but Leo is a good watch for a neutral barring a slightly weaker second half (though its subjective, because people who went with max hype on the film were the ones disappointed; while common public who didnt know much about the film, didnt find it as bad).

I heard "The Road" (Trisha) is good. Yet to watch it. "Irugapatru" (Netflix) was wonderful, a very nice heartwaming film about couples and relationships. "Mark Antony" was gobsmackingly BAD and still dont understand how the film even did well in Tamil Nadu.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Watched "Leo"? I guess ur an Ajith fan, but Leo is a good watch for a neutral barring a slightly weaker second half (though its subjective, because people who went with max hype on the film were the ones disappointed; while common public who didnt know much about the film, didnt find it as bad).

I heard "The Road" (Trisha) is good. Yet to watch it. "Irugapatru" (Netflix) was wonderful, a very nice heartwaming film about couples and relationships. "Mark Antony" was gobsmackingly BAD and still dont understand how the film even did well in Tamil Nadu.
Watched all except road, liked all of them, but Jigarthanda part 2 is above all of them, please don't miss it.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Might be the only tamil guy here who doesn't watch Tamil Movies :grinning: still like a few songs though

Bevab

Staff Member
Might be the only tamil guy here who doesn't watch Tamil Movies :grinning: still like a few songs though

You’re not alone, I’ve been accused of the same by people that know me.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am thinking of watching it this weekend. I am watching Ayalaan today (SK fan; also loved the director's previous Indru Netru Naalai and I am also a sci-fi fan too).

Looks like a great Pongal for Tamil cinema, with both films getting great reviews!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
I am thinking of watching it this weekend. I am watching Ayalaan today (SK fan; also loved the director's previous Indru Netru Naalai and I am also a sci-fi fan too).

Looks like a great Pongal for Tamil cinema, with both films getting great reviews!
Watching Ayalaan on Monday, please give your spoiler free review after watching it.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
A HD print of the flim Ayalaan has been leaked online, hope it will be a hit like premam with people support, same kinda situation happened during Premam release, still Premam was a blockbuster.
@SaiSrini

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
A HD print of the flim Ayalaan has been leaked online, hope it will be a hit like premam with people support, same kinda situation happened during Premam release, still Premam was a blockbuster.
@SaiSrini

Oops... My plans changed for this weekend as its extremely cold where I live and we had snow last night and I cancelled my movie plans. Will watch Ayalaan when it comes on OTT.

Users who are viewing this thread