Tamil Music/Movie Thread

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol no replies yet.Has anybody heard any songs from villu? anything worthy of listening?

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Devi Sri Prasad scored the music for Villu. He copied 4 songs from his own Telugu movies.

Though he is good composer, most of his songs are alike.

naresh091

International Cricketer
yup he did the same for Santosh subramaniyam.All the songs were looking alike.
@cricketman:Yup I watched the movie first day,first show.Great movie and amazing music.Not even a single was boring.But I dunno from which movie/album did Harris Jeyaraj copied those tunes.

.Mob

International Coach
Heh, I've only seen Sandakozhi, was pretty good.

Last edited:

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yup imo its the only watchable vishal movie.It is been showed in Sun TV i beleive for pongal this time.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Lol, maybe he didn't copy? He did work with Rahman for a long time so I think it's all legit.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Maybe.But till this second,in all his movies,atleast one song is known to be plagiarised either from hindi songs or an English album.
e.g)June poanal from Unnalae Unnalae is almost same as All rise.Just a minor change in tempo is the difference.
Anywayz atleast his ongs are pleaseful.Some guys like deva copy but still the song doesnt go well.:p

naresh091

International Cricketer
Heard many people,yesterday saying Villu was worst.It seems it is not even worth to watch once.
Poor Vijay.He's going like Hayden these days with a lot of flops.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Saw Vaaranam Aaiyaram yesterday. Amazing movie, and the songs are even better.

Go watch/listen.

I love Varanam Aayiram. one of my favorite movies.. Though the second half slows down considerably, thereby not making it a classic.

Songs are among the best of Harris Jeyaraj

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Lol no replies yet.Has anybody heard any songs from villu? anything worthy of listening?

Being a Vijay fan and having not heard atleast 3 of those 4 songs which have been used from Devi Sri Prasad's Telugu tunes, I really enjoyed the songs of 'Villu'. Its right now my favorite CD in my car.

On the film, I am watching it this weekend here. But seeing the reviews (and I also saw a few clips of the songs that were uploaded by people from theatres), its the same Vijay movie all over again. He is not even trying to change the way he goes about his formula. For example, the opening song reminds us of his previous opening songs, his expressions are the same, etc. But still I enjoy his films for the entertainment and I hope to enjoy Villu (the movie will do well at the box office in India coz Vijay fans will make it a hit)

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Heh, I've only seen Sandakozhi, was pretty good.

Sandakozhi is a pretty good film.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

yup he did the same for Santosh subramaniyam.All the songs were looking alike.
@cricketman:Yup I watched the movie first day,first show.Great movie and amazing music.Not even a single was boring.But I dunno from which movie/album did Harris Jeyaraj copied those tunes.

I didnt find any copying in Varanam Aayiram... Of course HJ's tunes sound so similar to his previous works. He has his own formula (the Tamil industry works on formulas). He wants people to feel as they they are hearing to Harris Jeyaraj's music and so he has this humming in all his films...

But VA was certainly an amazing work from him. Songs like "Nenjukkul", "Mundhinam", "Adiye Kolluthe" and "Anjala" just rocked

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yup I loved all songs in VA.My favorites were Nenjukkul and Yethi Yethi.All the songs exept nothing were fantastic.Yup that it what Vijay is doing after Gilli.All films have the same formula:fight,dance,comedy and a logic less climax.
He's losing his fans doing this.Atleast we can look for Kandasamy(from Vikram) this year.Im awaiting it eagerly.Shriya is hawter than before too.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
On the film, I am watching it this weekend here. But seeing the reviews (and I also saw a few clips of the songs that were uploaded by people from theatres), its the same Vijay movie all over again. He is not even trying to change the way he goes about his formula. For example, the opening song reminds us of his previous opening songs, his expressions are the same, etc. But still I enjoy his films for the entertainment and I hope to enjoy Villu (the movie will do well at the box office in India coz Vijay fans will make it a hit)

Surprise is, in-spite after seeing his co-stars working hard to change the appearance, getting involved in their role.. I really don't get why Vijay has been sticking to the same formula. His movies are almost alike.

I still can't forget how we laughed in Sathyam theatre(in chennai) watching Kuruvi. Oh My God... The way he drove the car beats Vijaykanth's Narasimha movie in driving a Jeep. The way, Vijay comes out of the lift after being thrashed in.. and the way he imitated Mask of Zorro, are just ridiculous. :D

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Surprise is, in-spite after seeing his co-stars working hard to change the appearance, getting involved in their role.. I really don't get why Vijay has been sticking to the same formula. His movies are almost alike.

I still can't forget how we laughed in Sathyam theatre(in chennai) watching Kuruvi. Oh My God... The way he drove the car beats Vijaykanth's Narasimha movie in driving a Jeep. The way, Vijay comes out of the lift after being thrashed in.. and the way he imitated Mask of Zorro, are just ridiculous. :D

ahhhh.....cant forget the punch line from the narasimha movie....

"currenta tottha saadarna manishanuku da shock adikum....naa narashimha...yenna tottha...
current ke shock adikum " !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.. :rofl: :laugh:

CLassic from the Captain !!! :D

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yup thats the most hillarious dialogue in tamil cinema ever.BTW are you a tamilian?
I still have that video in ma mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread