Tamil Music/Movie Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Surprise is, in-spite after seeing his co-stars working hard to change the appearance, getting involved in their role.. I really don't get why Vijay has been sticking to the same formula. His movies are almost alike.

I still can't forget how we laughed in Sathyam theatre(in chennai) watching Kuruvi. Oh My God... The way he drove the car beats Vijaykanth's Narasimha movie in driving a Jeep. The way, Vijay comes out of the lift after being thrashed in.. and the way he imitated Mask of Zorro, are just ridiculous. :D

The sad thing is, I am a big fan of him, but I cant bear seeing him being so stubborn about his movies and his so called successful formula (well the formula is breaking apart now). In his recent interview, he has said that he will only work with those directors who adapt to his style of film making (in indirect reference to Gautham Menon to whom he infamously gave Thirupachi/Sivakasi DVD's when approached to do a film with him). I cant see him going anywhere with this formula and with his current style. I feel he is digging his own grave. I dont like Ajith but atleast that guy tries something different (even though nothing works for him!).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
saisrini80 said:
I dont like Ajith but atleast that guy tries something different (even though nothing works for him!).

haha Yes, I started hating Ajith when he compared himself with Schumacher in one of the interviews telecasted in TV. :p

Also with lot of tamil movies coming out without story lines, it's really a worried factor that no movies are aiming for Oscar. :( Lot of new faces as actors, actress, directors etc etc with some rubbish story lines. Saying honestly, as a Tamilian, I have reduced seeing movies these days because there is no proper story coming up.

ARRehman, after his project with Vijay(AzhagiyaThiruMagan,another crap story) told in the interview, he is afraid to take up any Tamil project because there is no story in it. The trend should change really. I don't have a clue why the trend is going down.

So, among few members, lets discuss who is your favorite actor/actress in tamil and why? :)

Vikram -> Some different tries with hard work, although no recent mega success for him after Saami.
Surya -> Always give surprises with his new appearances. Quite entertaining and hard working chap our Tamil industry has got!
Vijay -> Same action formula with same style of punch dialogues.
Ajith -> His project, Billa have raised his standards though his next project, Aegan did not satisfy any people. Nothing working for him as Sai said.
RajiniKanth -> Though he is like one of the crowned kings, I will say, his style and Background music is what keeping him still alive in Tamil industry. One example is his last movie,Shivaji.. Without ARR's music, that movie would have been a total flop for sure ;)
VijayKanth -> Captain! hmm hmm. No words to describe him only.
KamalHassan -> one of the Crowned kings again. Though he works very hard and depends on his own acting for success. I was just amazed with his 10 roles in Dasavatharam.
Silambarasan -> I personally hate this guy. Over acting ..Yucky! :p
Prashanth -> haha one of the great heroes isn't he? that too with mega hit movies like London, Jambhavan etc etc :D

And so on...

I like Kamal Hassan and Surya because they have talent in acting.

naresh091

International Cricketer
haha Yes, I started hating Ajith when he compared himself with Schumacher in one of the interviews telecasted in TV. :p

Also with lot of tamil movies coming out without story lines, it's really a worried factor that no movies are aiming for Oscar. :( Lot of new faces as actors, actress, directors etc etc with some rubbish story lines. Saying honestly, as a Tamilian, I have reduced seeing movies these days because there is no proper story coming up.

ARRehman, after his project with Vijay(AzhagiyaThiruMagan,another crap story) told in the interview, he is afraid to take up any Tamil project because there is no story in it. The trend should change really. I don't have a clue why the trend is going down.

So, among few members, lets discuss who is your favorite actor/actress in tamil and why? :)

I like Kamal Hassan and Surya because they have talent in acting.
Wasnt it Azhagiya Tamil magan? anyway that was just full of crap.I wasnt even convinced to see the flm once.

Coming to our great actors.
Rajini: Despite his much celebrated stardom,he is modest and simple.That is where I like in him.Looking forward for Endhiran.
Kamal:Such a great all-round actor.But one shouldnt take him as a role-model in real life.
Vijay:Continues his same old commercial movie ethics(that too after he started acting in Perarasu movies).
Ajith:Atleast he tries different things compare with Vijay.But dreadfully needs to have some good choice of story.He chooses some crap stories and the movie becomes a flop,despite he making a lot of effort.
Simbhu(Sombhu):Absolute crap.Shouldnt classify him as hero.Atleast we can be happy that he is better than his father.
Vikram:great actor.Doesnt worries to take risks.How did you forget Anniyan?
Surya:Good actor,who is trying to improve his skills.Reliably can see his films at any costs.

Finally,Why did you forget our great Vishals,Baraths,?
If you felt they shouldnt be classified as heros,then you felt the same as me.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
My fav is and will be Rajnikanth. No other actor's movies i watch on Day 1 or Day 2.

Kamal is more or less finished. His try in Dashavatharam was genuine but was colossally let down by poor script and terrible makeup.

Surya is the best bet among the current generation as he is not stereotyped and can act. Ajith and Vijay are trapped in their own images, especially Vijay, who has become some sort of caricature.

Vikram is a powerhouse but it remains to be seen how long he will survive in the industry.

The rest like Bharath, Vishal, Simbhu etc etc all have to go a long way before being classified as heroes.

One aspect of Tamil Industry is it's ability to churn out surprise hits and reward sheer hardwork and originality. A case in point is "Subramanyapuram". Such a classy film. Wish the trend continues in the coming years and Kollywood can emerge as the next epicentre of quality movie making in India.

naresh091

International Cricketer
I'll Accept everything in that post except the fact that I feel,Vikram is really the future of Tamil cinema atleast for the next decade.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
I downloaded Kadhalna Summa Illa Music yesterday. It is a remake of a Telugu Movie 'Gamyam'. The original movie was just awsome. The Title song was excellent in the original. Though I dont know Tamil, I love to listen to the songs though. The title song was ignored in the Tamil version. They had taken a Pavan Kalyan song instead of a great song.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Seems Padikkadhavan is entertaining.I dint like dhanush before.But the kind of roles he does is good these days.Atleast entertaining and a family drama(unlike simbu's vulgar characters).Im plannin to see this movie soon.

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Did anyone listen to the songs of Yennai Theriyuma???

They are not as good as the Telugu version of the movie. The Telugu version is named as Nenu Meeku Telusa. It has failed at the BO. The movie has got good stunts and the first half of the film was great.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Havent even heard the movie title?
How come you know these movies being in Andhra,while Im being a tamizhan havent even heard about the film?

Precambrian

International Cricketer
I'll Accept everything in that post except the fact that I feel,Vikram is really the future of Tamil cinema atleast for the next decade.
He's 43 already. Not that we have not heard of actors enjoying it even after 55.

naresh091

International Cricketer
But he has that unique physique and high fitness levels with which he can last long I beleive.
Imo he's the Mike Hussey of Tamil Cinema.

navin-boss

Club Cricketer
Seems Padikkadhavan is entertaining.I dint like dhanush before.But the kind of roles he does is good these days.Atleast entertaining and a family drama(unlike simbu's vulgar characters).Im plannin to see this movie soon.

Dhanush seems to be turning into a good actor same as his father-in-law.He got some consecutive hits which gets him lots of fans.

naresh091

International Cricketer
no mate.Its kudikaathavan.Very much mokka? leave it.
We'll it seems most of Rajini's old movie titles have already been registered.We can look for more movies with these titles now.

Users who are viewing this thread