TAOC Discussion

Good stuff. Dedication like that to work through the tough bits really shows the amount of work and effort you're putting into this thing Paul, and it's well appreciated.

Take the game to the next level

These are all from one thread in the Brian Lara Interantional Cricket forums which is...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18607&page=1&pp=15

If LM hasnt seen this I think he should...as much as everyone would like a free wicked cricket game, with Codemasters help a (non free) but great game may be made...even though theyre only :rolleyes: offering ?30,000 if LM goes there with an already great game...he may earn more...

On the other hand there are more important things than money.

I've quoted all the relevant posts.

SkateBoarder said:
Its amazing that you can earn ?30,000 developing a cricket game for a big company like Codemasters and legend_master is doing it for nothing with The Cricket Project.

embi said:
And codemasters are gonna use 8 programmers, LM uses only one (himself). also, codies would have their own 3d modellers, LM has done most of them himself...

alfa_beta said:
Maybe Codemasters should hire LM... that should ensure a decent cricket game :)

I'm sorry if this post has offended anyones ethics or anything like that...but i think its a good idea...what do u think?

manee said:
These are all from one thread in the Brian Lara Interantional Cricket forums which is...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18607&page=1&pp=15

If LM hasnt seen this I think he should...as much as everyone would like a free wicked cricket game, with Codemasters help a (non free) but great game may be made...even though theyre only :rolleyes: offering ?30,000 if LM goes there with an already great game...he may earn more...

On the other hand there are more important things than money.

I've quoted all the relevant posts.

I'm sorry if this post has offended anyones ethics or anything like that...but i think its a good idea...what do u think?

I have been keeping an eye on that thread ;)

yeah, it's a very interesting topic. I do have the following concerns though

- I wouldn't like to just become one of their team...unless given a lot of creative control over the project, i would not be happy. The beauty of TCP is that I can decide everything that wants to go in. At Codies, unless they made me chief designer, there is every possibility that i would just become part of the team and it would still be up to fate to decide if the final game would be good....which is not so good. I want to be ASSURED that the game will be good. By having full control of the project i can assure that. Not that i'm a control freak or anything, but i just dont trust the big companies...simple as that.

- so, if Codies were to approach me and say "look, we really like the looks of your project, would you like to 'join forces' and 'merge' TCP with BLIC for the next version" and that I could have a lot of creative control over the project, then i would definately consider it.

- Either way, the fans are guaranteed a great game.

LM

IloveGilly said:
Probably better off creating a new company and working on your own type of games.

And you'd be a big success!

Honestly, if Codies were to approach you I believe the economics would tell them to buy the rights to everything considering how many sales there will be...

If you were to join codies youd be in a powerful positiion and with their million ? machines you may be able to better the graphics even more.

Interesting...

The reason i dont think itd be hard to hav creative control over the game is that they havent started development and you clearly have.

guys,guys,guys... thats a long way off !! lets look at the present and improve it.. ifs and buts will always be there. although i hope paul wont accept their offers as it will limit his freedom.

anyhow.. inspite of wasting time here.. we can think of some good suggestions for the time being ;)

cheers

Even though I think he shud go for codies, I also think that this discussion point will be more relevant in 6 or so months...

So...

Would it be ok if i change my sig, to sumfin like...

The cricket project is coming
www.thecricketproject.com

manee said:
Even though I think he shud go for codies, I also think that this discussion point will be more relevant in 6 or so months...
I don't. All this work done and to throw it all away now would be absolutely ridiculous.

manee said:
Would it be ok if i change my sig, to sumfin like...

The cricket project is coming
www.thecricketproject.com
Sure, go ahead.

Keep on going everyone, LM, you've totally exhausted us of suggestions!WE'll probably now wait for the demo before there will be any more suggestions. Or maybe next video.

This is going to be a great cricket game :D

Keep up the good work Legend_Master :clap

I don't think going to one of the big game companies is a good idea. You wouldn't get much for all your hard work, and you will have huge pressures of deadlines and maximizing their profits, which means the game, like all others, will be rushed and not as high quality. It's better to work to your own schedule and make a great game. Although I would like to see your efforts rewarded in a big way.
Start your own company and join forces with a smaller distributer if you really wanted to go commercial would be my thinking.

whitehornmatt said:
I don't think going to one of the big game companies is a good idea. You wouldn't get much for all your hard work, and you will have huge pressures of deadlines and maximizing their profits, which means the game, like all others, will be rushed and not as high quality. It's better to work to your own schedule and make a great game. Although I would like to see your efforts rewarded in a big way.
Start your own company and join forces with a smaller distributer if you really wanted to go commercial would be my thinking.

Yeah, i think you are right....

If anyone who is helping out on TCP would like a TCP player pic to make an avatar from (similar to mine) please mail me at [email protected] and specify your team preference and your batting pose preference - and if you want you can specify a bat from JK's (completed) bat list...this offer is for anyone on the "List of Guys willing to help" thread at this stage... :cheers

LM

Users who are viewing this thread