TAOC Discussion

Don't forget that this game will be as realistic as possible, so if you play in Australia you will see the Channel Nine Network television graphics, and if you play in England you will get the Sky Sports television graphics. Will those player photographs fit in with those graphics?

SkateBoarder said:
Don't forget that this game will be as realistic as possible, so if you play in Australia you will see the Channel Nine Network television graphics, and if you play in England you will get the Sky Sports television graphics.
T.V. broadcasting shouldn't be static IMO. By default it can be set like that, but you should have an option in match settings to choose your television network for a particular match.

Just an idea that came to me the other night. I was thinking perhaps have 3 or so different batting styles. Maybe far too hard to implement and if so It's hardly essential.

But anyway back on with the idea. For example take Andrew Strauss or Justin Langer, very compact players who are full of punchy drives, play the hook and pull shot well, and cut very nicely when the ball comes onto the bat with good bounce. However by being compact they struggle to put away wide deliveries, and have a tendency to chop on when the ball keeps low.

Then take someone like Trescothick or Hayden. These batsman will punish anything with width, they like to go at drives, and can have problems to balls that are close to the stumps and move away late.

Thirdly, a standard batsman who can either deal with both, or a tailender who struggles with both, just an idea, and to be honest may be entirely unfeasible as it would require creating every shot at least 3 times to get the required variation.

usy said:
LM i have a good idea, for player profile pictures, http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?p=327678#post327678 look at this thread.... and tell me what you think....

i like these - really cool...good stuff...not sure yet whether the colours will fit in, but excellent nonetheless...could certainly end up using something like these :clap

cricket doctor said:
T.V. broadcasting shouldn't be static IMO. By default it can be set like that, but you should have an option in match settings to choose your television network for a particular match.

i agree...have defaults, but can change based on preference

puddleduck said:
Just an idea that came to me the other night. I was thinking perhaps have 3 or so different batting styles. Maybe far too hard to implement and if so It's hardly essential.

But anyway back on with the idea. For example take Andrew Strauss or Justin Langer, very compact players who are full of punchy drives, play the hook and pull shot well, and cut very nicely when the ball comes onto the bat with good bounce. However by being compact they struggle to put away wide deliveries, and have a tendency to chop on when the ball keeps low.

Then take someone like Trescothick or Hayden. These batsman will punish anything with width, they like to go at drives, and can have problems to balls that are close to the stumps and move away late.

Thirdly, a standard batsman who can either deal with both, or a tailender who struggles with both, just an idea, and to be honest may be entirely unfeasible as it would require creating every shot at least 3 times to get the required variation.

cool idea, but yeahh, kinda unfeasible :(

that is just too many animations :crying

--------------------------------

UPDATE:

well, been a bit quiet for a while...

this is because i hit a major snag :crying ...unfortunately i have some performance issues which effect the frame rate which in turn affects the overall playing experience...ive been trying to work out what's doing it and narrowed it down to the models animating, not to do with polycount per se...

im working to sort this out as soon as possible as it is really critical that it gets fixed right now! I need it to be able to perform at 60fps stably on pc's of at least my spec with many palyers animating at the same time. I am not sure how long it will take to fix this, but due to how critical it is i must spend all my time on this issue until it is resolved, simple as that...

so please understand if i'm a bit slack in replying or with updates, but this is really important to the whole project.

So wish me luck while i try to fix this and ill try to provide updates as i go...

Friday screenz should continue through this, but dont expect any new ingame content...

cheers,

LM

legend_master said:
this is because i hit a major snag :crying ...unfortunately i have some performance issues which effect the frame rate which in turn affects the overall playing experience...ive been trying to work out what's doing it and narrowed it down to the models animating, not to do with polycount per se...LM

Maybe if we all chip in for a faster vid card for you.... :P

Great work usy L.M please use some of these in the game

Brett_Lee said:
Great work usy L.M please use some of these in the game
thanks mate, BTW paul don't use them, i'll make better ones for TCP :p if you agree.... lol....

lol, the thing is, if it works well on my card, then it should run well to very well for most other people!!! ;-)

Good news everyone! I believe i have fixed the performance issues. :happy Over the last several days i have been staying up all night testing various things and trying to work this out, last night i think i cracked it :)

i need to fully confirm this tonight with some more testing, but prelim tests look really positive...i was cracking 80fps in conditions that previously yielded 30fps! This is of course without modification to the models at all...so i am extremely happy. It's a really important breakthru for TCP if it is indeed all sorted, cos i was really prepared to be battling this one for quite a while...

so, assuming all is resolved it will be back to schedule and business as usual... ;)

I'll keep you all updated

LM

langerrox said:
great job :D whats the progress mark now?

well, unfortunately fixing that didn't progress the game at all, but was more like a 'fix it at all cost', so progress marker hasn't changed :(

What it does mean though is that now i can get back to progressing the actual game...assuming no more major issues crop up i should have wicky and umpire done real soon...

LM

Users who are viewing this thread