TAOC Discussion

I have an idea... How about in "the Cricket Project", that you put a team rankings table (international or county). The game would adjust itself so that it would be able to make some teams better than others... For example, say Australia, by chance, drop down to 2nd Position in the Test Rankings in the next year, the game should be able to update itself and make the AI for Australia easier.... What do you thinK?

The same could happen with Player rankings aswell.... And there could be an option to disable the online updating as well... You could choose whether you wanted teams updated, players updated, both or none...

There's a few problems with that, just because a team drops down in the rankings doesn't mean the team should be any easier to beat. For example if England and Australia were level on points but England won 2 series out of 2 and Australia won 1 out of 1 England would go top, but it doesn't mean Australia are not as good.
Having rankings are a good idea though, maybe they could be updated for the games you play aswell as what happens in real life

RabbleRouser said:
No way! All they would do is make a comeplete (yet very poor) copy of it!
I know that EA are stupid ,but not that :D ,I think it just help them feeling that there is one another party other than CODIES which they are competing with and they will soon ready to beat by a single man company

Hmmm, interesting topic here,

I did some thinking, and realised that LM joining CODIES would be bad because of lack of creative control and the fact that he seems set against it and noone shud do something they dont want to do...after all, this project is done out of goodwill

update....

Had a lot of work to do on fixing up the player heads - spent a lot of time getting these all looking good (after finding that proper face textures caused some problems with that existing model) - now at the stage where they are so much better...managed to get a test Sachin head lookin really good, so the future is very promising for head modellers ;)

Also getting the vest completed as well...unfortunately modelling is very time consuming, so whilst it may appear as though progress is slow, this stuff is really important and the slowest part of the development. I really need to make sure i get all the modelling/animation completed now though so i can focus on the coding...

should complete the vest today, then tomorrow i will be doing the wicket keeper model, then umpires

HELPERS

Skateboarder - website admin

* BOLDED means completed

Kits (see below for list of kits completed in detail): Kartik (JK16_4), Hariz, Drewska, WildWill
Bats: Kartik (JK16_4)
TV Overlays etc: Kartik (JK16_4), Brett Lee
Commentary: Duff, Koolkarts, WhitehornMatt, Brett Lee, Propmanoz
Logos: Usy
Cover/loading screens/GUIS/Huds : Holmie
Faces: me, Duded64
Ads / pitchmats: Kartik (JK16_4) - DONE
rosters: Zorax, WildWill, Propmanoz, Machanperu
Beta testing (ideally have broadband): The Spin,Brett Lee, Prarara, Cricket doctor, Propmanoz, Skateboarder, JK, Langeroxx, Propmanoz, FreddieFan, Srk121, Duded64, Madman, Slade Indiancricketer,RabbleRouser,SAFC,Embi,siddharth20 02
stats / data entry: Kartik (JK16_4), ZoraxDoom, srk121, Slade
Stadiums/Turfs: Me

I should be in kits and beta testing :(.

Users who are viewing this thread