Teams you root for

England is pretty much the most multi-cultural country in the world these days. Our own national identity long since lost.

How on earth have I said that? You can keep ignoring the social problems that still exist in your country, but then you ignore everything that doesn't fit into your views. Meh, hope you find it easier to sleep at night.

I didn't realise that in 5 years you had completely removed the massive slums. Err, you know, the ones I actually did some work in.... but by all means, I am sure you often go and help out :rolleyes

Did I say we wiped out our poverty? No but it is changing. I am not ignoring our social problems. There is corruption and incompetant polticians. But India has moved a long way in the past 20 years. I did not live in slums but I do know a friend of mine who lived in slums has moved and bought a house (his father spent 40 years in that rented house :(). So yes I know India is changing. I see the problems and success of India while you see only the problems. The success story of India points that we are moving in the right direction. Fixing the country after 200 years of British loot and 60 years of our Babus/politicans (most left overs of the British system :wave) will take some time. Most of the Babus today are a product of our system but they seem to be clinging to the old era :mad

Most people in the slums are not looking for your or my help. Try giving them a few rupees, they will refuse. They are just looking for an eduction and equal opportunity. I know a missionary who came to give a bath to kids :D :D The past 20 years has brought that change. British media and public are stuck 40-50 years back. ECB is stuck 20 years back :lol:lol

Edit: Change the topic. If you want to discuss more on this issue create one in Off topic and I would be glad to contribute.

I think the main issue, is that you are stuck 20 years back. You still seem to be incapable of thinking in terms of the individual, you seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder about something, which in turn masquarades itself as a sort of bravado mixed with a falsely placed nationalism.

You keep going on about people that you never knew, people that were there not in your lifetime. Colonialism, happened, I had nothing to do with it, and neither did you. Get over it and move on.

It would be the equivalent of me having some kind of complex about Romans. Whatever dude, it happened, times they are a changing. Brazil, India, China. These are the new superpowers in terms of production, does that however mean that the poor are getting richer? Or course not, if means the rich are getting richer and the really poor remain, as E M Forster once described, "living in the abyss." They are a mass of faceless people, a problem too big to fix, but also too real to ignore. Some will escape, but a lot won't. Many will die, many will be ignored, and eventually change on a social level will take over providing corruption at a state level doesn't derail it.

You take everything as some kind of personal attack to be defended, and in turn you ignore the reasoned debate that is staring you in the face. It may not be right, but it's thoughtful and as such deserves the same back. Nonsensical replys do nothing to help your position, much like Chappell chatting rubbish about Indian culture devalued his reasonable points.

Oh, and stop trying to be a moderator. You keep telling people to do this and that. Well, the discussion was happening here. It's a forum, and PC clearly realised that instead of closing down discussions (as they started to a few years ago) it's better to let them flow and the moderator can move it all to a different thread if needs be. It's hardly going to be a 5 page discussion is it?

Funnily enough, websites rely on hits, and after the lack of cricket games released, I think they're more than happy to have me clicking 'New Posts' like a sad loser every 21 seconds :p

Is it because we colonised you, why you hate us so much?
When did I say I hate England? I support the English team, in fact Kevin Pietersen is one of my favorite cricketers. I just wanted to show that you guys are jealous of us and I did that by quoting Papa Smurf's post.

Even today you guys all come keep coming to the West to study here, I mean if you hate us so much, why keep coming? I know Mark needs a taxi driver every now and then, but sorry guys that's a one man job

YOU SHOULD WATCH THE VIDEO IN THIS LINK NOW!

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150553336583015

When did I say I hate England? I support the English team, in fact Kevin Pietersen is one of my favorite cricketers. I just wanted to show that you guys are jealous of us and I did that by quoting Papa Smurf's post.

Post of this thread!:cheers Thanks for that video, Yudi. You have now forced me to watch that movie just for that scene.:yes

This video will put the English in place

Why the Queen is Indian - YouTube

We have a spy at the top :D:D

----------

Not to forget the English did not call themselves the jewel of the Empire. India was the jewel of the whole Empire :thumbs:thumbs One of their politicians predicted the end of the empire and power if India leaves them, which turned out to be true :thumbs

This video will put the English in place

Why the Queen is Indian - YouTube

We have a spy at the top :D:D

----------

Not to forget the English did not call themselves the jewel of the Empire. India was the jewel of the whole Empire :thumbs:thumbs One of their politicians predicted the end of the empire and power if India leaves them, which turned out to be true :thumbs

Since you are obviously trolling, I think I'll join in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when people used to talk about cricket on PlanetCricket.

Those were the days!

I remember when people used to talk about cricket on PlanetCricket.

Those were the days!

The problem being every thread is becoming BCCI/India vs Rest of the world. Until the mods either ban all Indian fans or stop this unnecessary BCCI/India bashing this is bound to happen.

I tried to start a cricket thread and that got locked :(:( I am going to try to avoid discussing non cricket stuff :thumbs:thumbs

Since you are obviously trolling, I think I'll join in.
He is not trolling. Highlander begun all the mess and when an Indian replies to his sh!t, you call him a troll.

Let me tell you, Mark, you are one of the biggest trolls on PlanetCricket. Not joking, I'm serious. You don't have anything to speak on cricket, nor on other topics. All that you do is criticize the Muslim culture for no reason, criticize India and boast your silly fishing skills.

Hardly in the past 6 months or even longer have I seen a meaningful, sensible post from you.

You and Tom generally are the ones who go off-topic, the thread gets ruined and later you blame the 'pre-teen Asians' for it. Go get a life, man!

Last edited:
He is not trolling. Highlander begun all the mess and when an Indian replies to his sh!t, you call him a troll.

Let me tell you, Mark, you are one of the biggest trolls on PlanetCricket. Not joking, I'm serious. You don't have anything to speak on cricket, nor on other topics. All that you do is criticize the Muslim culture for no reason, criticize India and boast your silly fishing skills.

Hardly in the past 6 months or even longer have I seen a meaningful, sensible post from you.

You and Tom generally are the ones who go off-topic, the thread gets ruined and later you blame the 'pre-teen Asians' for it. Go get a life, man!

We dont agree on many things, Yudi! But on this......:cheers:thumbs:clap

Back on topic

1.Pakistan
All the other teams I root for equally.

Users who are viewing this thread