Tendulkar set to be Test captain

Right now, everything is falling into place for a commanding Aussie whitewash. I was very optimistic of Dhoni getting captaincy or even Saurav, but not Sachin.

The signs are there. In 2000, Sachin was captain, we toured Australia and were whitewashed 3-0 (McGrath said they would win 3-0 and they did). This time, Clark has said the same thing. Steve Waugh was at the peak of captaincy, and now Ponting is in the same boat. It was Pakistan and India to tour consecutively to Australia and this time its Sri Lanka and india (Pakistan also got thrashed 3-0 and with sri Lanka, a 2-0 whitewash is quite a possibility)

Hope all these co-incidences dont become true.

you look too much into history, sai.

Whoever gets it, i'm just going to watch for entertainment...for that sometime to kill.

Don't hink Dhoni will get it.

To some, it's much much more than just entertainment.

you look too much into history, sai.

Whoever gets it, i'm just going to watch for entertainment...for that sometime to kill.

Don't hink Dhoni will get it.

hope more people in india look at indian cricket that way. we wont have effigies burning, protests, etc

i want the team to do well always. sachin is just not fit to take up captaincy again. already he brings with him a lot of pressure not only to himself but the whole side. now with captaincy, its even more. may be he is mature with one stint at captaincy, but can we take such risks for such an important tour?

i hope Niranjan Shah starts playing cricket and be the captain of indian cricket team..

Niranjan Shah doesnt knwo what he is talking about.

Just yesterday he said,he was a part of the selction meeeting,but he could ot comment.

If Tendulakr is made the captain,i'm not gonna watch the Tests cause i know we will go down badly.

VVS Laxman can be a good choice,not Tendulakr.

Tendulakr had 2 stints in which he faield badly,why give it to him right now ?
Just to finish his career on a high.This would be classified as a selfish act from him then.
Proves that Tendulkar plays for himself.

Not quite... Sourav, as we all know was dropped from the team after a string of poor performances, and the controversy with greg. That stripped him of the captaincy as well... he had to toil, to find a place in the team again. The same is not true for sachin. He gave up captaincy on his own pretence, and he has never had to fight to get a place in the team, like ganguly had to...

Tendulkar had resigned because he knew he wasnt taking India anywhere. I've said this before and I am going to say it again, it was Greg who led to Ganguly's decline and exit from the team, and out of all the mentioned names, I think he is the only one with a proven record and ability to lead the side.

Definate No-No for Tendulkar as captain.

If they chose Ganguly, it would be like the BCCI saying the last 3 years or so have been a disaster because they got rid of him.

If they chose Ganguly, it would be like the BCCI saying the last 3 years or so have been a disaster because they got rid of him.

Finally, somebody sharing my views about the symbolic consequences of reinstating Ganguly.

Finally, somebody sharing my views about reinstating Ganguly.

No, I think he would be the best choice, I just don't think the BCCI will do it, because they will be admitting that they were wrong, which they won't want to do.

No, I think he would be the best choice, I just don't think the BCCI will do it, because they will be admitting that they were wrong, which they won't want to do.

Technically Greg Chappell recommended the dropping of Gangulg after he failed to average 20 in 2005 ODIs.

What I mean is that it will actually be stepping back into time to a past era. It is hard to explain but it wouldn't be good.

It's not as if India have a lot of options though, or at least new options. Tendulkar and Ganguly have both done it before so I can understand why people would not want to go there, but who else is there? Karthik is too young, Dhoni doesn't need that much pressure. Laxman is barely in the side, Yuvraj isn't in the side so to name him as Captain would be bizarre. The bowling attack changes every series so there is no Captain there.

While perhaps they shouldn't go back to Ganguly, there is literally no one else, apart form Tendulkar and as Captain material there is no contest in my view.

There's Kumble.
He's been in the side long enough to have a go in the throne.
And I think Lax is a good option as well. If he's in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread