Tendulkar set to be Test captain

There's Kumble.
He's been in the side long enough to have a go in the throne.
And I think Lax is a good option as well. If he's in the team.

Kumble isn't a bad idea as well as Laxman but I think Ganguly should be captain because IMO he was able to get India a desire to win.

If not him then either Kumble or Laxman since Tendulkar its too much pressure which previous occasions have proven.

Tendulkar commands a place only because he is loved by the ppl.
Throw him out and there will be riots.

Why should someone throw him out when he is been performing well.. Makes no sense completely! Are you alright? :rolleyes: Wake up after 2007 WCup :p

I agree only with one part... Tendulkar can't be a good skipper. He has agreed that himself too. It makes no sense in forcing Tendulkar to be captain inspite of his repeated denials and then coming out with all sorts of moanings, " Sack Tendulkar.. The team is suffering under him! ":rolleyes: :noway Our cricket system is crap then.

If they chose Ganguly, it would be like the BCCI saying the last 3 years or so have been a disaster because they got rid of him.

Finally, somebody sharing my views about the symbolic consequences of reinstating Ganguly.

Givign it to Sachin would mean that the last 7 years were disastrous.

Technically Greg Chappell recommended the dropping of Gangulg after he failed to average 20 in 2005 ODIs.

What I mean is that it will actually be stepping back into time to a past era. It is hard to explain but it wouldn't be good.

Greg was going the Aussie way.
Select your best 11 in the nation[on pure merit] and selct a skipper amongst them.
That way,India will have a new captain every series. :help

There's Kumble.
He's been in the side long enough to have a go in the throne.
And I think Lax is a good option as well. If he's in the team.

Lax will be a regular atleats against Aus and Pak.
Give it to him.
Also,it makes no sense to have him as the vice-captain for the South Africa series then.

Well,i got a better choice-Harbhajan or Sreesanth,that wud be good
Come on Sree give it back to Symonds ! :p

Givign it to Sachin would mean that the last 7 years were disastrous.

No it wouldn't. Tendulkar had the captaincy for such a short period, so long ago that a) it does not qualify as an era to step back into and b) it can be argued that he got it too early in his career or at an inconvinient time in terms of the pressure he was facing.

Should be Dhoni. He's done brilliantly with the ODI captaincy and I think the tour of England was a turning point for him in a test match batting situation. He's thrived with the captaincy and He's the type of character who will continual double everything he does in terms of effort under the guise of captaincy. He cares, he's passionate, he's agressive and he'll be there in 5 years. The largest problem Indian cricket has is that there is absolutely no stability. You played your best cricket under Ganguly, after he'd been in the captaincy role a while, Stability is the key, look at Australia, always a stable captain. MS Dhoni should get it.

please dont make same mistakes again n again...yes he get respect from his team members...but he doesnt have the leadership skills to a lead team..to inject agrression in to them.....kumble shud be the test captain.....

or they shud make dhoni captain in both form of the games...

If they chose Ganguly, it would be like the BCCI saying the last 3 years or so have been a disaster because they got rid of him.

Until Dravid was captain, it was almost nothing short of disastrous for India (we lost a lot of matches overseas, we failed to qualify for the Super Eights in the world cup, etc). Ganguly was performing badly during the last stages of his captaincy and needed the break. He is basically a non-conventional captain, which works well for teams like India. In India, the conventional method most often doesnt just work. Dhoni in my opinion, seems a guy that will resort to non-conventional methods to extract results. And thats what Ganguly did too (he did it more and at times, it didnt work which led to mixed results for him).

His two tenures as captain of the Indian cricket team were not very successful. When Sachin took over as Captain in 1996, it was with huge hopes and expectations. However, by 1997 the team was performing poorly. Azharuddin was credited with saying "Nahin jeetega! Chote ki naseeb main jeet nahin hai!",[27] which translates into: "He won't win! It's not in the Shorty's destiny". During his second run, after constantly complaining that the national selectors weren't giving him the team he wanted, he resigned after a disastrous tour of Australia where India lost 0-3 in the Tests and managed to win only one of 8 ODIs. Incidentally, he was named Man of the Series for the Test matches.

He talks about not getting a proper team,excuse me !
He wanted players from his hometown Mumbai in the squad and the selctors would'nt budge.

No,at that time he wanted Sameer Dighe to keep wickets.
He did get in Agarkar,H Kanitkar for sure.The rest I do not remember.

Users who are viewing this thread