Tendulkar To Retire after his 200th Test :(

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
So its confirmed now :noway

India news : Tendulkar to retire after 200th Test | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Sachin Tendulkar will retire from Test cricket after playing his 200th Test, which he is scheduled to play during the home series against West Indies in November. In a BCCI release, Tendulkar said: "All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day.

"I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time. I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best."

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Of course it is a sad news but most of us did expect it. He had to take this decision with the pressure created on him by the selectors. As I posted in the other thread, I would have ideally liked him to play the South Africa series but I think he has made his mind and decided to call it a day. Now the net question is, who is going to replace Sachin? I have 2 names in mind: Badrinath and Rohit Sharma. I think Badrinath can still play for about 4 or 5 years and he is a handy player. However, selectors might prefer Rohit because of the amount of International exposer he has had through the ODI's

Oh boy! It is tough to imagine Indian team without Sachin. Even though he wasn't performing from quite some time, his presence in that team and the dressing room was itself full of impact and motivating. :(

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We are lucky to see him play.Cricket will miss him no one can ever come close or replace him. #Sachin The Legend beyond comparsions.

nandu saju

School Cricketer
Cant imagine a time without seeing Sachin playing cricket.:(:( Eventhough he had retired from all other formats I always use to wait eagerly to see him coming out to the middle.It would be highly emotional to see him one last time out their :noway:noway Hope he would become a mender of Indian team or at least MI

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
As much as sad this news is, we knew it was coming..:(

Keeping the discussion of who is better - Lara or Sachin aside, I think the world of cricket as a whole recognises his contribution in the sport, whether he's an Australian, Englishman or even a Pakistani. No questions about what he done for the Indian cricket! Legend is a term what we should be careful of using, this man is just above that..

Not sure if we should discuss about what would have been the best time to retire, as it is an emotional moment for all us Indians, but now this decision reflects as if he was actually playing for records after the 2011 World Cup, which is NOT the case..

xygenome

School Cricketer
I hope I get the 200th test match tickets. I want to see him play once more for the last time. :(

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As much as I love to watch him play, I am glad he finally took the decision. This will retain some sheen he was losing as a result of delaying his retirement above and beyond. He just saved himself from being the next Kapil Dev or Sir Ian Botham by not extending his career superfluously.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
:noway Sad news - being born in late 80's, my earliest cricket memories involve Sachin decimating attacks and providing unadulterated 'HOPE' to Indian cricket fans every time he marked his guard. Sachin in World Cup'96 is the reason behind my cricket craze - when I really started following cricket and taking in the game and being obsessed with it.

It is the end of an era - I finally get this phrase :spy

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
A really sad moment for every Indian or for every cricket fan for that matter. His absence will surely be felt and, its surely an emotional moment. Surely last one or one and half wasn't the best for him but this decision looks more like a pressure from BCCI especially after he stated his views to play more even though they asked him to retire after his 200th test. O dear, as someone said even though he wan't performing well, his presence in the team was great, motivational and lighten up the game. It will be really hard to imagine a team without him and I hope even after his retirement he would be attached with the team in some way or the other. A TRUE INSPIRATION for everyone. You will surely be missed by everyone, SACH.
As of now, we can only hope him to retire with pride, making the moment memorable and account for his shortage of runs in the past year. All the best, Sach for your last two games.:)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Going to be strange watching cricket without Tendulkar around. I guess for most people on this forum your lifetime of watching cricket has evolved around Tendulkar's career.

At his batting peak i always say he was the most complete batsman i ever saw. Lara is forever my favourite player and was more destructive and entertaining to watch when in full flow. However in the 1990s when we had all those legendary fast bowlers around on difficult wickets, Tendy handled them better than Lara.

Where Tendy is over-rated is when people suggest he was second best batsman of all-time after Bradman or was potentially the best ever.

Bradman is the greatest, while Sobers & Viv Richards should always be rated ahead of him.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Honestly; its probably a few games too late. I understand why he wanted to get to 200 tests; but he's not been at his best for a fair few years; and you'd rather see a player retire at the top of his game. History should see him as one of cricket's best batsman (probably grouped in with players like Lara and Ponting, and obviously behind Bradman, Richards, Sobers etc); and the first huge player of the internet era.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good call by the Legend. One of those legends who know that they have a game or two left before it all ends. Rahul and VVS didnt really have that, so i am happy Master has it at least. Neverthless it will be nice to see him go out after scoring a couple of good knocks. You will be in our hearts always and forever till we breathe last. Farewell Master.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
A great decision by Tendulkar

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is really a touchy moment for Indian cricket, but yeah its time to move forward. I am so hopeful to see Sachin still contributing to Indian cricket by grooming up more future aspects. :)

Well, I am just lucky to follow Tendulkar's every single game like a die-hard fan for almost 20 years now. With all due to respects, I just thank him for all the memorable moments he has given for his fans. Hats off for being a greatest character with humble qualities in both ON/OFF the field. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread