Tennis thread

Brilliant win for Andy Murray. The draw is very open in his section so I reckon he's got a good chance of getting to the semis at least.

Wow! He was 2 sets to 1 down when I last checked and I thought that would be the end due to his poor record in 5 setted matches. Brilliant that he won convincingly! And good to see he is winning 5 set matches!!! Wouldn't have liked to be his opponents racquet though!! He absolutely destroyed it on the court, ouch!

What a win for Murray he just is getting better and better.

And good luck to Andre Agassi in his future life, he is a legend.

Guy of beat Agassi was eliminated by the man most likely to take over Agassi. Sharapova made it through easily while Hewitt almost blew a 2 set to love lead to win in 5 sets.

Hewitt is out to Rodick, no Aussie left now :(
Biggest shock was Nadal getting eliminated, thought he would definitely make the semis.

Mens semis

Roger Federer v Nikolay Davydenko
Andy Roddick v Mikhail Youzhny

That has to Federer's championship.

Women's semis

Amelie Mauresmo v Maria Sharapova
Jelena Jankovic v Justine Henin-Hardene

Tough one but I am backing Henin-Hardene, although I would like Sharapova to win.

Mauresmo looks to be in the best form, I would pick her to win it. Roddick could give Federer a good run for his money.

aussie1st said:
Mauresmo looks to be in the best form, I would pick her to win it.

Bloody shame she just got knocked out then. ;) :D

Henin-Hardene - Sharapova final.

Maybe not good form after all :) 2 sets she loss were 6-0. I would pick Sharapova on that type of form.

Andrei Agassi Retires after play 21 years on the court.. Bravo Agassi :happy

Roddick joins him in a 4 set win. We get our expected final. Can't see Roddick beating Federer though.

I thought Youzhny was awesome. I was rooting for him to go to the finals, but Roddick's serve and that second set just robbed any opportunities he could have had.

Congrats to Ms Sharapova, she won her 2nd grand slam. Straight sets win 6-4 6-4, Maria's power just too good for Justine.

Users who are viewing this thread