TENNIS Tennis World Tour 2

Nard2020

Club Captain
There is nothing worse than non Tennis people reviewing a Tennis game.

Having played it myself, it's far better than TWT 1. The gameplay itself is probably the best since the PS3/XBOX360 days- it takes time to get the feel, but there's such a satisfaction when you nail the timing and the points just flow. Those that like to "my way" customization of the AO series will be very disappointed and i will say that AO Tennis 2 has a better career mode as well. The TWT roster is hands down the best video game roster yet ( and there's a few surprises coming in the player pack) and the Tie Break Tens mode is very fun. Haven't had the Day 1 patch yet but it is sad to see that not many players have signatures shots ( unlike Big Ant's other Tennis games), this may be something that will be fixed on Thursday.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
How is placing the ball where you want one review said it was fine but most said it was hard to control where the ball is going

Nard2020

Club Captain
How is placing the ball where you want one review said it was fine but most said it was hard to control where the ball is going

That's the thing, aiming is very fine and quite accurate BUT in career mode the player starts with low skills and aiming is horrible until you level up. Again, that's only for created players in career mode.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watched loads of gameplay vids and not liking it tbh

Every player seems to play the same, i.e. no play styles (which is why I didn’t buy AOT 2) and those Cards so arcade
Players don’t retrieve some balls they should easily etc

I will wait and see what patches do to the game ....

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
The only part of this game that looks interesting is the new serve mechanism. It might be an added level of realism if it works well.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's definitely an improvement on the first game, but there's still a lot of room for improvement. The AI is definitely the same as it is in AO Tennis 2, still not aiming for the open court most of the time and hitting right back at you. Doubles seems to be a direct copy and paste of the way it is in AO Tennis 2 also.

I wonder how far into development Big Ant came in, that's the real head scratcher of a question.

D

Dutch

"Tennis World Tour 2 captures the flow of real-world tennis well, but that comes with a steep timing-based learning curve. Overcome it, and you’ll be rewarded with a deep skill-based gameplay experience, that’s elevated by a strategic deck building accompaniment. There’s inconsistency to the presentation, with some awkward animations, physics, and art direction decisions – but the campaign is entertaining and online play will add longevity. As it stands, it’s the best tennis game currently available on the PS4, but there’s still room for further improvement here."

At least a balanced review based on some thought.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but even though I turn the stamina bar off in the settings, it doesn't actually disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread