Draft: Test Cricket Scrubs XI Draft

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Cheers; I was worried it might come off as a bit "peaked at school" cringey, but it's just my barely-qualified opinion on bowling fast.

And as for Fidel Edwards, the most amazing thing about him was always that he was such a tiny bloke. Can't be more than about 5'6" but bowls like the wind. I can't help feeling that that was wasted.

Honestly, I have a bit of a thing for bowling attacks that just do one thing but do it well. Afghanistan when they pick about five different spinners (Rashid, Nabi, Hotak, Mujeeb and Zahir would be dreamy), Australia when they went all-in in pace one year (Lee, Tait, Nannes and Johnson), even the dibbly dobbly wibbly wobbly days of New Zealand. Those are my favourite kinds of bowling attack.

In a similar vein, there's a part of me that wants to see a five-man England attack of Archer, Wood, Stone, Barber and Stokes, just once to see if it works. But then wacky selections like that happen in away Ashes series
I rate Mujeeb more highly than I do Rashid and Nabi. Right now, my fav bowlers are Fizz from Bangladesh, Mujeeb from Afghanistan, and Sandeep from Nepal. A quick side note about the latter...when there was very little cricket happening in the early days of the pandemic, we all know that many people had jobs in peril - Sandeep Lamichhane took some of the money he'd earned from playing in T20 franchises and paid the salary for his local groundstaff.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I rate Mujeeb more highly than I do Rashid and Nabi.
I'm a Heat fan so I've seen him a lot (and by proxy, all three). I'd say that Rashid has a better wicket taking ability but Mujeeb is a better bowler when it comes to stopping runs, and Nabi is not quite on the level of either of them (although he can also bat well so he offers something completely different)

Users who are viewing this thread