Test Cricket tweak

I played a match as West Indies against Australia, i didn't get enough time to finish but i will post up to 10 overs.
The new files made it very hard to get the CPU out from a yorker but i found they played that shot you invented too often. I had to have to fielders behind square to try to stop them getting heaps of runs. For example, when i bowled a delivery outside the off-stump just short of a length that was cutting back in, the CPU would play that shot. I kept playing and anytime i pitched a delivery on their pads or a delivery that was cutting back in, they would play that shot.

Everything is good exept for them playing it too often, it is easy to keep the runs down but you need 2 fielders behind square.

i have attached the scorecard after 10 overs.

Originally posted by radaga@Jul 4 2003, 12:04 PM
I played a match as West Indies against Australia, i didn't get enough time to finish but i will post up to 10 overs.
The new files made it very hard to get the CPU out from a yorker but i found they played that shot you invented too often. I had to have to fielders behind square to try to stop them getting heaps of runs. For example, when i bowled a delivery outside the off-stump just short of a length that was cutting back in, the CPU would play that shot. I kept playing and anytime i pitched a delivery on their pads or a delivery that was cutting back in, they would play that shot.

Everything is good exept for them playing it too often, it is easy to keep the runs down but you need 2 fielders behind square.

i have attached the scorecard after 10 overs.
Thanks for your feedback, the shot being played quite too often can be fixed. We can pretty much get the CPU only to play the flick off the toes to only yorkers. Apart from that I am happy you acknowledged that yorkers are no more means of getting cheap wickets.

yer it is all good expect for that shot being played to much, i think if you got it to just play it to yorkers the patch would be finished to my satisfaction

Sounds great Ravi...can't wait till I get the time to give it a go :) .

Originally posted by jonah@Jul 4 2003, 01:25 PM
Sounds great Ravi...can't wait till I get the time to give it a go :) .
Cheers Jonah, Its quite a relief now that you cant get wickets by bowling yorkers isnt it? Back to basics, line and length stuff will be the one to go for from now. Not a problem, take your time I understand you should be really busy.

That Yorker patch is good and it is nice to hear that the problem which I and radga are having can be fixed.

Ravi, are'nt you working on TEST MAthces :D

Ravi...

Can you please send me the lastest files for testing... that fix the yorker problem!

Sorry I havent been able to give feedback in the last week. I installed a new hard drive running Xp, got all the updates yet I cant GET TO the forums! I tried everything (getting Java etc) but the browser does not take me to the correct forums. Mani Gamer I am having the same problems, I just put my old HD back in just to be able to visit this place :huh:

im just asking Ravi, are you still going to fix it again so the leg glance shot is only played off yorkers?

Originally posted by amber22@Jul 4 2003, 03:38 PM
That Yorker patch is good and it is nice to hear that the problem which I and radga are having can be fixed.

Ravi, are'nt you working on TEST MAthces :D
Yes I am but every now and then I get back to fixing some issues with the ODIs as and when I get a feedback or two.

Ragada, I am looking forward to fixing leg glance issue but just that it will take a little time maybe sometime today.

Originally posted by Statman@Jul 4 2003, 11:07 PM
Ravi...

Can you please send me the lastest files for testing... that fix the yorker problem!

Sorry I havent been able to give feedback in the last week. I installed a new hard drive running Xp, got all the updates yet I cant GET TO the forums! I tried everything (getting Java etc) but the browser does not take me to the correct forums. Mani Gamer I am having the same problems, I just put my old HD back in just to be able to visit this place :huh:
It might just be that forum was down once in a while over the last two days. Will send you the updates once I am sure it doesnt behave too odd, please bear with me.

Ravi I thought u said the cpu will play leg glances
on yorkers
but in ur patch he plays sweeps to my yorkers which i hate
cant u make the cpu flick yorkers and not sweep them
and yeah ravi played a match with ur files
i bowled 1st against pakistan on normal pitch
I got all the catches behind the wickets
all catches in the scorecard were taken by slips and keeper :o
coz i just bowled length ballls with hint of swing and i got easy
wickets :(
plzz decrease them

and i also noticed that u can get the batsman out only when he is
new at the crease
like u saw y.youhana carried his bat trough the innings
that thing is most promising

Originally posted by mani_gamer@Jul 6 2003, 05:00 AM
Ravi I thought u said the cpu will play leg glances
on yorkers
but in ur patch he plays sweeps to my yorkers which i hate
cant u make the cpu flick yorkers and not sweep them
and yeah ravi played a match with ur files
i bowled 1st against pakistan on normal pitch
all catches in the scorecard were taken by slips and keeper :o
wickets :(
plzz decrease them
Yer i saw this problem too, but i know how to fix it.
When you download the bowling.exe from the email, did you install it then play from where you downloaded it?
Because if you did, for yorkers it sweeps them, but if you go into your Program Files/EA Sports/Cricket 2002 folder, in there there is a program called Cricket2002Bowling.exe and use that one instaed of the other one and yorkers are glanced away instead.

all catches in the scorecard were taken by slips and keeper 
wickets 
plzz decrease them

I too played on Normal pitch but did'nt got too much catches behind the wickets as you did(even I always swing the ball).

So Ravi, please wait a little while before decreasing the edges as we can get feedback from other users.

Users who are viewing this thread